• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNW Zagfan
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Jan 2015

Dear Mrs Wesley,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice open letter. It is so representative as to what is special about your son, this year's team and the GU program.

As the parent of two sons attending college back east, I have some understanding of how difficult it is for parents to let their children pursue their dreams when it means they will be far from home. So thank you and your husband for sharing Byron with us this season. It has been an absolute pleasure watching him play and to hear him interviewed. He exemplifies the best combination of leadership, selflessness, character and talent through his hard work.

I am so very happy for Byron, and for his other teammates who will soon experience the NCAA tournament for the first time. They all have worked so very hard and what they have accomplished to date this season is so very special. As you indicated, there is still much more to come, and I believe, the best is yet to come.

All the best to you and your family. PNW Zagfan

Comment

• Zags11
      Banned
      • Mar 2008

Awesome. This is why people should think before they post. This was a treat to open and see. Thx

Comment

• ZagsGoZags
        Zag for Life
        • Nov 2007

Thank you Chantal
        I kept skipping over this thread till now, but saw the five stars and decided to see what the fuss was all about.
        I am so glad I did, I have to admit I am a bit choked up right now,
        and so glad your family is part of zag family.

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
          Thank you Chantal
          I kept skipping over this thread till now, but saw the five stars and decided to see what the fuss was all about.
          I am so glad I did, I have to admit I am a bit choked up right now,
          and so glad your family is part of zag family.
          Another reason why I'm grateful to Byron's mom for her letter is because this whole thread is like when guests come over for dinner and the kids are on their best behavior. Makes you feel proud :-)
          Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
            Zag for Life
            • Oct 2008

Just awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Zaglaw
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Chantal:

What a wonderfully warm and classy post! But I would expect no less from the woman who raised Byron - he is clearly a quality young man. It has been obvious that he brought maturity and leadership to our program in addition to outstanding skills. i hope to get a chance to meet you in Las Vegas. I think you will enjoy how well the Zag community "travels."

Thank you to you and your entire family for sharing Byron with us. All of you are now Zags for life and we are glad you are!

Go Zags!

Comment

• ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta
                Professional Zag Fan
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
                Another reason why I'm grateful to Byron's mom for her letter is because this whole thread is like when guests come over for dinner and the kids are on their best behavior. Makes you feel proud :-)
                There is such a special charm knowing how connected Chantal is to the greatest basketball community in the universe. Chantal is a gift to be cherished and appreciated. She is our guiding light and bright ray of hope as we head towards basketball's Promised Land in INDY. It would be great to play through Staples Center. I can envision Byron and Chantal embracing as Mark Few climbs the ladder to cut down the nets after the Regional Final. Tears of joy for Gonzaga fans !

No matter what though it is the power of having loving and committed parents that can make the world a better place. Byron and Chantal are blessed.

Wishing "Wes is the Best", Chantal and ALL of ZagNation the best of health life has to offer. Count your blessings.

Comment

• gu03alum
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Byron Wesley has been everything I hoped he could be and more. He is the missing link that put this team over the top. I look forward to him hitting some key shots and grabbing some important rebounds in the NCAA tournament.
                  Bring back the OCC

Comment

• CdAZagFan
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2013

Thank you Chantal for posting! Byron has been one of my favorite players this year - always seems so composed, and when needed, aggressive on the court. I definitely wish he could spend a few more years with us - a quintessential Zag. It was great to hear him at Senior Night say that this was the best year of his life - Here's hoping he has a long ride to go here and finishes the season where no Zag team has finished before!

Comment

• GonzaGAW
                      Zag for Life
                      • Aug 2012

we thank you, as we, coaches and university and fans, want young men of good character, those who will represent us well, those who like you, we can take pride in. we get all that with byron.

hope to see you in vegas

Comment

• SWZag
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

I'm not sure how I missed this thread/note! Outstanding post! Byron deserves a lot of credit also for being willing to sacrifice points and playing time to fit into the Zags plan. I have been extremely impressed with his attitude and demeanor. Great asset for the GU community and one who'll represent the University well! I, as a fan, couldn't be happier.

Thanks for posting! We've had a couple other parents post in the past and it's a treat to read each one.

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Comment

• SteelCityZag
                          Kennel Club Material
                          • Aug 2007

Dear Mrs. Wesley,

Thank you for your open letter. You, alongside every GU parent, have sent your very best to us: your son. The least we can do is appreciate that fact, that you have put your heart and faith in a place you weren't familiar with. It is a blessing And I am so pleased that this blessing has worked out for you as well as it has for GU. We are lucky to have Byron, not only as an excellent ball player, but more importantly as a member of this community. And we are lucky to have you, as well.

Thank you, again, for your words, and for sending us Byron, who we know that you hold precious and dear. He will always be a Zag, and that means a great deal to all of us in this community.

Comment

• timgozags
                            Kennel Club Material
                            • Nov 2008

Great letter! Thank you!

Comment

• Dogtownkid
                              Kennel Club Material
                              • Mar 2007

Mrs. Wesley, thanks so much for the gift of your letter and even more for the gift of your son. I got kind of teary when I read that Byron said this has been the best year of his life. Classy guy and a great player!

Comment

• GrizZAG
                                Zag for Life
                                • Nov 2009

It's mid-April now and I am just seeing this thread somehow. I'm a regular but somehow missed it. Better late than never though!

I had on my signature "Bow to Sir Byron" all season long. Why, because of everything all these Zag family have expressed about him as well as my own perspective. Truthfully I was giddy when I learned he was coming to Gonzaga. I knew of him at USC and felt like a kid who just got the keys to the candy store. He lived up the hype in every way and more. He was my favorite player this year because of the way he carries himself. Now I know why he does mom. Good job!

Nothing wrong with an elite 8 and only losing in the tourney to the eventual championship team. Byron is a huge part of why we got there. Keep us posted on where our man goes and what he does. Thanks for loaning him to us
                                We will miss him greatly.
                                One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Comment

Working...
                                X