Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ready, set, meltdown ...

Default Ready, set, meltdown ...

Go!

(FWIW, I think this will pay dividends) .
    “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few

Yeah can someone pm me when the dust has settled so I know it's safe to come back here?

That's basketball. Good job byu

Lol. Interviewing coach Rose during Sr. Night celebrations.
    GO ZAGS!!!

almost made a fool of myself...congrats to byu...they earned the victory the better team...way to show up seniors and si cover boy

No meltdown here. Sucks to lose on Senior Night at home, but we will be fine. Hopefully it's the kick in the pants we need to refocus.

Good game by BYU. Good lesson for us. We need to play harder than our opponents

Good for BYU and good for WCC if BYU makes tourney more money for everybody! Lemonade for everybody!

Agree, no meltdown.

Spoils to the victors. They led wire to wire.

No meltdown. I just feel bad that Gonzaga had to play like this on senior night. No urgency.

At the end of the day, I don't think this is going to effect GU's seeding a great deal so long as they win the WCC tournament. I still see them with a 2 out west.

Congrats to the Cougars. Sad for the seniors. Now focus and get better. Go Zags!

BYU played well and earned the win. The Zags did what they've been threatening to do for a while now and I'm glad it's out of their system before the tournaments.

Haha. I think it's ok. Tough loss, but clearly Few and Co have some work to do. I don't know how, but we regress as the season goes on. Or so it seems at times.

Eye test this is clearly not a 1 seed. Prob a 3/4 - which may be good!

Get out of the Spotlight. Make the kids think about it for a bit.

My guess was we would lose tonight. We just haven't looked dominant lately. Minus the SMC comeback. I know it's all semantics and the w's say otherwise. But I think we are soft and not playing smart at all. For ####s sake, when is the last time we got an easy basket? EVERYTHING is a struggle. Zags used to cut you like a surgeons scalpel. You didn't know it until you looked down and saw the blood. We don't do that at all anymore.

Congratulations to BYU....great effort.....terrific win....

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    No meltdown. I just feel bad that Gonzaga had to play like this on senior night. No urgency.

At the end of the day, I don't think this is going to effect GU's seeding a great deal so long as they win the WCC tournament. I still see them with a 2 out west.
    Winning the WCC tournament will be a tall task. They can do it but it will be a struggle.

Basketball Web Sites Listing

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarenyon View Post
    Lol. Interviewing coach Rose during Sr. Night celebrations.
    I would say unbelievable but...

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    They played with heart and urgency. Tough to have our last thoughts of KP and GB at the Kennel end like this though. With a loss and poor performances.

Winning the WCC tournament will be a tall task. They can do it but it will be a struggle.
    I agree....especially with the new format where they have to play 3 games to win it. That being said, I think it would've been a taller task had they won the game tonight. The way this team has been playing of late, they've almost been begging for a loss. We can only hope they have finally gotten it out of their system. If they go into Vegas and play with the same sense of urgency as everyone else, they will win the title.

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Plus 1

yeah but....there was the winning at home stat now lost....they're was the undefeated in the WCC stat...now lost....there was the only one loss in overtime to a ranked team on their court...now lost...

I think the team has played uninspired for a while and this game was just waiting to be played...but it is sick and sad to think that lackluster play the whole night lost a lot of historical significance for the team..

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    If there is any merit to the #1 seed talk for these past weeks, the Zags should win handily in Vegas.

It's the Big Dance where I see problems, though.
    "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

I went back and looked at early season games and recent games and it looks like two different teams. don't know why they changed, but they don't pass and move like earlier.
    How a whole team can go bad shooting, is a real mystery to me.
    Just amazed at 3 big guys getting beaten on the boards in the manner they did.
    The fire went out somewhere along the line.
    "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you can never know if they are genuine"---Abraham Lincoln.

BYU wanted it more---their stars stepped up and scored 30 pts between the two of them. Good wake up call for our guys--now they remember how it feels to lose--and hopefully they don't like that feeling.

Hopefully going to pay dividends when we get into the dance.

No more need to worry about the pressure that comes with a one seed. No more need to worry about going undefeated in conference--no more need to worry about the home court win streak ---time to play loose and get the job done.

Go Zags

The BYU of late February is a far better ballclub than the BYU squad the Zags beat in late Fall. As for the Zags ? We'll see next week.

Basketball Web Sites Listing

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Baseline View Post
    I went back and looked at early season games and recent games and it looks like two different teams. don't know why they changed, but they don't pass and move like earlier.
    I haven't rewatched any of the games from early in the season, but I strongly suspected it would be a night and day difference compared to the way GU is playing now.

Quote Originally Posted by Baseline View Post
    Sabonis doesn't get beat on the boards. The other 2...SOFT.