Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 71

Thread: GUBoards Bracket Pool Yahoo Pick-'Em

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    4,079

    Default GUBoards Bracket Pool Yahoo Pick-'Em

    Hi, everyone!
    I am honored to host the GUBoards Bracket Pool again this year. If you joined last year, check the e-mail address you used last year and accept my invitation.

    As always, I will provide some cool Gonzaga items from my collection to the winner of our group, and I will post them below. You will NOT win prizes if you are not a GUBoards member.This is a PRIVATE group, so please try to use your GUBoards ID as the "owner" and not your real name so no one gets any spam and we can see who is who back here at home.

    Invite your friends and family to this group! BUT.... the only requirement, and it is on your honor that all are members of GUBoards. When you are here at GUBoards, please post in this thread that you joined and bump the thread occasionally. Also if you want to win the $50,000K best bracket prize, you must submit your best bracket to the pool they have set up at yahoo, called "The 50K Best Bracket Pool". Personally I'd take a Gonzaga N.C. over 50K, but that is just me.

    Group Name: Gonzaga GUBoards
    Group ID#: is 12444
    Password: ZagNut

    Prizes for best bracket in group:
    3'6" Zag throw rug.Quarter at left for scale.

    [IMG][/IMG]


    Autographs of Gonzaga's three 1st Team NCAA All Americans.

    [IMG][/IMG]

    All I have to say is GO ZAGS!!!!
    “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    47,622

    Default

    Thank you for organizing this again.


    The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

    Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Spokannnnnnnnnnne
    Posts
    2,931

    Default

    Awesome ozn.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Just joined with the entry name "Zag Swag"

    First time participant. Thanks for putting this together. Go Zags!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    708

    Default



    Is trash talking allowed????????? haha wink wink

    I want to trash talk with my otha NYer LI Zag! Zags R cutting down the nets. The other 3 hmmmmmmmmmmm.

    Have a blessed day...OZNxoxo

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta View Post


    Is trash talking allowed????????? haha wink wink

    I want to trash talk with my otha NYer LI Zag! Zags R cutting down the nets. The other 3 hmmmmmmmmmmm.

    Have a blessed day...OZNxoxo
    Yes.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    4,079

    Default

    Trash talk is a must. The 2nd requirement should be if you can dish it out, you have to take it. You might be short on teams from New York this year. St Johns? Maybe Syracuse? Bless your day too, VLZIA! Here in America we are all so blessed we have forgotten how we got this way.
    “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    47,622

    Default

    The defending pool champion registered earlier today.


    The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

    Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    15,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    The defending pool champion registered earlier today.
    Nyah, Nyah, Nyah
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

    ________________________________



    Foo Time

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    47,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    Nyah, Nyah, Nyah
    Bring it ! Who are competing with for second ?
    Last edited by RenoZag; 03-18-2015 at 10:00 PM.


    The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

    Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    378

    Default

    In. Thanks.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Yes.
    hahahaxoxoxox

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oregonzagnut View Post
    Trash talk is a must. The 2nd requirement should be if you can dish it out, you have to take it. You might be short on teams from New York this year. St Johns? Maybe Syracuse? Bless your day too, VLZIA! Here in America we are all so blessed we have forgotten how we got this way.


    Do I need a yahoo email? I use a different email now. Cuse is banned by themselves for this year! What a JOKE! haha

    I still think IF St. John's got in they could win a game or 2 MAYBE. haha

    You don't know whats about to hit ya!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxo

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    4,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta View Post


    Do I need a yahoo email? I use a different email now. Cuse is banned by themselves for this year! What a JOKE! haha

    I still think IF St. John's got in they could win a game or 2 MAYBE. haha

    You don't know whats about to hit ya!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxo
    I think you do need your yahoo account. I will check for sure though. Can you resurrect it for this bracket pool or create another one?
    “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oregonzagnut View Post
    I think you do need your yahoo account. I will check for sure though. Can you resurrect it for this bracket pool or create another one?
    Thanks OZN! I will see whats up with yahoo. I have been off that email for a while after switching up.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    4,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta View Post
    Thanks OZN! I will see whats up with yahoo. I have been off that email for a while after switching up.
    Other than the Zags, who does an East Coaster want to see go far in the Tourney?

    Go Zags!
    “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oregonzagnut View Post
    Other than the Zags, who does an East Coaster want to see go far in the Tourney?

    Go Zags!
    Manhattan... Great win today for Manhattan. Northern Iowa is a great story this year. How can we not root for them??? Part of me wants to see Rice win a tournament game at Boise State (if they get in). I am friends with a few former UConn players (yoga) and they know my love for the Zags.

    Last night when taking a bubble bath I envisioned us beating Kentucky in the E8 61-60 to make the Final4 (I got emotional thinking about it). Hopefully we avoid that region.

    I am nervous to be honest. Nice game Wesley! Go Chantal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oregonzagnut View Post
    Other than the Zags, who does an East Coaster want to see go far in the Tourney?

    Go Zags!
    How about you???????? I need to make another yahoo email...right?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    4,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta View Post
    Manhattan... Great win today for Manhattan. Northern Iowa is a great story this year. How can we not root for them??? Part of me wants to see Rice win a tournament game at Boise State (if they get in). I am friends with a few former UConn players (yoga) and they know my love for the Zags.

    Last night when taking a bubble bath I envisioned us beating Kentucky in the E8 61-60 to make the Final4 (I got emotional thinking about it). Hopefully we avoid that region.

    I am nervous to be honest. Nice game Wesley! Go Chantal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have to say UConn is one of my most hated teams but I respect them and their players as well. Bubble baths and yoga! Sounds like a good combination for a lifelong over-stressed guy like myself. Yes you do need a yahoo account but your old one would work just fine if you didn't delete it. Most people don't delete they just abandon accounts which is not a good thing for dissemination of personal information.
    “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oregonzagnut View Post
    I have to say UConn is one of my most hated teams but I respect them and their players as well. Bubble baths and yoga! Sounds like a good combination for a lifelong over-stressed guy like myself. Yes you do need a yahoo account but your old one would work just fine if you didn't delete it. Most people don't delete they just abandon accounts which is not a good thing for dissemination of personal information.
    It feels like Selection Sunday even though its just Saturday doesn't it? Prolly the anticipation of where we are headed. I will just try and make a new yahoo email before the tourney starts just for this contest so I can have fun with some of the greatest college basketball fans in the world. Is that ok or do I have to resurrect my old 1? lol

    I originally got into yoga to help myself through losing a loved 1. So my stress was very real also. I get hurt but I just could never find it in my heart to hate. I know you prolly didn't mean hate in the sense of true hate. Just how I feel about Kentucky ! YUK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr STRONG dislike!

    Have a blessed day. Gracias...xoxo

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Greater Tacoma
    Posts
    5,454

    Default

    Registered.

    Thanks, OZN
    .
    .
    .
    "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
    .
    "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
    .
    I am monitoring the price of a donut
    .

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    237

    Default

    The 2010-11 GUBoards Champion is here. Didn't make the tourney last year but ready to hang up banner number 2 this year. beware

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    708

    Default

    I made a yahoo email. Now I have to try and sign up today and make my bracket. I was gonna like totally trash talk but not gonna do that because I am picking my bracket with my brain not my heart. So basically I will be rooting against most of my bracket picks LIKE CRAZY and rooting for myself to lose!!!!! LOL If I win the contest at least I score the Zag stuff as a consolation prize to what I really want.

    Go Zags win it ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    708

    Default

    Just do 1 bracket????????? How many brackets do I get to beat ya'all!!!!!!!!!!! hehehehehe!!!!!!!!!!!! Just kidding...

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    708

    Default

    I went with my heart...... lol Just couldn't help it! errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •