Thread: OT - Collinsworth Sets Record With Fifth Triple-Double

Default OT - Collinsworth Sets Record With Fifth Triple-Double

BYU's Kyle Collinsworth has a 20-10-10 line with just under five minutes to play against LMU. This makes a new NCAA record fifth triple-double for the season. He also has three steals.

Tons of love for Kyle on the Other Games Thread.

More triple doubles this year than all the TDs in the history of BYU basketball. Very cool.

I really like Collinsworth.

However, the triple-double thing is overblown. For one thing, he gets more opportunities due to the up-tempo team style. Also, I've seen him get some very generous assists in Provo.

Besides, 10 is only one more than nine.
    Last edited by NumberCruncher; 02-07-2015 at 04:30 PM. Reason: forgot to include a point

There have been many, many uptempo teams over the years...especially the LMU team of 1990 and don't think they had any T-D's...has GU even had one player achieve a T-D and we play an uptempo game?

I was able to watch four of the five games...missed the one versus Hawaii but all his rebounds/assists/points were legitimate so am not sure to what you are referring in mentioning playing in Provo. Heck, when one of our players gets a D-D we go nuts, can't imagine what we would do if one of our players achieved T-D///

Way to go Kyle
    If you want to be happy tomorrow, think good thoughts today--Bud Fisher
    I'm just dancing my way through life.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberCruncher View Post

However, the triple-double thing is overblown. For one thing, he gets more opportunities due to the up-tempo team style. Also, I've seen him get some very generous assists in Provo.

I admire and adore every single one of your 442 posts, except this one. I trust your analysis and breakdowns, yet call hog wash on this one.

Kyle Collingsworth passes the 'eye test'. He's EVERYWHERE and means EVERYTHING to his team on the court. Been doing it for awhile now. Not to mention, less than 11 months recovered from a serious ACL tear/near rupture.

Point is, he's clutch, tough, and deserves his #'s. Name one Zag in the Mark Few era (up-tempo) that's recorded a triple double ----- not a one.

In the same league. vs same competition. etc. KC has accomplished this for WCC foes and OOC foes alike.

He's an impressive college bball player. MVP for his team. Best player by a mile.

The Zags RECRUITED him for a reason.

Heck, he recorded 1 of his 5 Triple Double's vs the #2 team in the Country....the Zags.

Says it all, imho. If he can do it against us, he could do it against anyone in D1 hoops.

His 13-14 stats were as good as his 14-15 stats.

A helluva player and I've always been impressed with his game. Not his style. or his team's style. His ability to find the open man, rebound the bball vs bigger, more athletic, stronger players, not to mention his clutch scoring and acumen/feel for the game of bball.

Just a fantastic, appreciated hoops player. He will make a killing overseas. and he's still not fully recovered from surgery, as he's practicing on and off due to knee soreness as we speak.

We have a player in his mold, yet still coming into his own...Draino.

I'd be happy to have a 'poor man's' Kyle Collingsworth as I'm a big fan.

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    I admire and adore every single one of your 442 posts, except this one. I trust your analysis and breakdowns, yet call hog wash on this one.

Kyle Collingsworth passes the 'eye test'. He's EVERYWHERE and means EVERYTHING to his team on the court. Been doing it for awhile now. Not to mention, less than 11 months recovered from a serious ACL tear/near rupture.

Point is, he's clutch, tough, and deserves his #'s. Name one Zag in the Mark Few era (up-tempo) that's recorded a triple double ----- not a one.

In the same league. vs same competition. etc. KC has accomplished this for WCC foes and OOC foes alike.

He's an impressive college bball player. MVP for his team. Best player by a mile.

Heck, he recorded 1 of his 5 Triple Double's vs the #2 team in the Country....the Zags.

Says it all, imho. If he can do it against us, he could do it against anyone in D1 hoops.

A helluva player and I've always been impressed with his game. Not his style. or his team's style. His ability to find the open man, rebound the bball vs bigger, more athletic, stronger players, not to mention his clutch scoring and acumen/feel for the game of bball.

Just a fantastic, appreciated hoops player. He will make a killing overseas. and he's still not fully recovered from surgery, as he's practicing on and off due to knee soreness as we speak.

Fair enough. As noted, I really like him.

Simple question: if a player gets a long rebound and passes to a team mate in the backcourt, then the team mate runs down the court and scores, do you give him an assist?

I don't think there is any rebuttal to that.

Were you one of OJ's lawyers? :]

Fair enough. As noted, I really like him.

Simple question: if a player gets a long rebound and passes to a team mate in the backcourt, then the team mate runs down the court and scores, do you give him an assist?
    If he only dribbles once, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post

Yeah, but his knee is kind of a p_ssy.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    If he only dribbles once, yes.
    Then at least one of his triple-doubles is not legitimate.

Once again, I'm not dissing Collinsworth in any way. He's an outstanding player. Wish he was a Zag.

Oscar did a triple double for an entire season. Love Kyle though. WIsh he'd have come to GU.

This is also a crazy accomplishment because scoring is so much lower in college than the NBA. BYU is #1 in the country at PPG but still only 84.8 right now. There is a reason this is a record....because it is really hard to do and just does not happen in college. Very impressive by Collinsworth.

I've always liked Collinsworth, seems like a great guy. Congrats!

He will be the WCC POTY. Well deserved too

Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post

We should all SO appreciate being able to watch this young man perform. It truly is historic. Congrats Kyle C!

Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    +1

He's really good, and obviously has to work hard to get all of those rebounds. And he doesn't seem to play as chippy as a lot of the BYU players, to boot. If I remember right, he tried to play through that initial knee injury before it went all the way south on him. There's a lot to like.

Nice, but it underlines BYU's main problem. They have no big men. If your guard is your leading rebounder you're in big trouble.

Collinsworth named WCC Player of the Week today

http://www.wccsports.com/sports/m-ba...020915aaa.html

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Likely WCC POY. . .very impressive performance in K2 last night.

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.