• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DZ
    Zag for Life
    • Sep 2007

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
    All this is why I prefer baseball. There is no cheating in baseball.

Post of the day!

They take pride in cheating in baseball. In hockey they just beat the hell out of each other instead of cheating (maybe goalies have pads too wide) and BB has the elbows.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Comment

• CaliforniaZaggin'
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2008

What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

Comment

• DZ
        Zag for Life
        • Sep 2007

Expert on MSNBC (Tim Green for NFL) says there have been concerns with Patriots footballs for a long time. If one looks at their running back fumble rate, it is even better than the dome teams. Way better.

Fishy.

Pats always across the line, so to speak.
        Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
        Mark Twain.

Comment

• Birddog
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

The most important question and the one no one is asking is "how does Gisele Bundchen like her balls?"
          Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
          Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
          All mimsy were the borogoves,
          And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• HillBillyZag
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

In the end I bet that this whole "Pigskingate" episide will amount to ' Much ado about nothing", in the words of the immortal Bard. Like them or not?, Belichick and Brady are the most successful Coach & QB Duo since Lombardi & Starr. This entire witch hunt was instigated by media Luck lovers and Colt supporters unable to accept the fact that the Patriots and Brady are just a superior talent and superior football team. When you lose 45-7, there are not many valid excuses? If New England manhandles Seattle?, which is not unlikely, I hope the wine & cheese crowd can come up with more original excuses?
            [/QUOTE]“Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team.”
            ― Scottie Pippen

Comment

• Eroop22
              Zag for Life
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by HillBillyZag View Post
              In the end I bet that this whole "Pigskingate" episide will amount to ' Much ado about nothing", in the words of the immortal Bard. Like them or not?, Belichick and Brady are the most successful Coach & QB Duo since Lombardi & Starr. This entire witch hunt was instigated by media Luck lovers and Colt supporters unable to accept the fact that the Patriots and Brady are just a superior talent and superior football team. When you lose 45-7, there are not many valid excuses? If New England manhandles Seattle?, which is not unlikely, I hope the wine & cheese crowd can come up with more original excuses?
              If the seahawks lose the super bowl you won't here this seahawk fan making excuses. The wine and cheese crowd will be the band Wagon fans. Real hawks fans still can't believe we aren't seller dwellers anymore. I However reserve the right to ##### if the ref goes all Bill Leavy.
              You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

Comment

• bullzag23
                Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2015
                • Apr 2008

As usual, the NFL continues to prioritize punishing lesser issues, like Marshawn grabbing his crotch:

The NFL will be trying a new tactic to force Marshawn Lynch into line, according to a report from ProFootballTalk. Lynch was fined $20,000 for the above crotch grab in Sunday's NFC Championship Game, and fined $11,500 earlier this season for doing the same. Since fines apparently do not deter behavior the league would…
                A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
                Steven Wright

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2012
                Foo Fantasy Football Last Place Champ 2013

Comment

• gu03alum
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Super Patriots fan #smh

Bring back the OCC

Comment

• gu03alum
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Richard Sherman on Patriots: 'Will they be punished? Probably not'

"Will they be punished? Probably not," said Sherman with his trademark bluntness on Sunday afternoon, in the Seattle Seahawks’ first media availability of Super Bowl week. "Not as long as (Patriots owner) Robert Kraft and Goodell are still taking pictures (together) at their respective homes. I think he was just at Kraft’s house last week for the AFC Championship. Talk about conflict of interest. You know, as long as that happens, it won’t affect them at all. Nothing will."

Goodell is by far the worst current sports commissioner. (David Stern is worst of all-time)

Compare the punishment for Spygate to bountygate. Spygate impacted the integrity of the game whereas bountygate did not. Cheating trumps dirty play everyday of the week in my opinion. Coaches and players involved with bountygate were suspended for long periods of time. No one in Spygate was suspended. If anyone gets suspended it will probably be a ball boy, but I doubt anyone gets punished other than a fine to the organization.

In other news, the NFL acted quickly to make sure Lynch knows that if he grabs himself during the superbowl the team will be penalized during the game. The double standard in this league is ridiculous.
                    Bring back the OCC

Comment

• RenoZag
                      Super Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

Wilson Calls out Billy B

Belichick mooted the idea that the difference in atmospheric conditions between where the footballs were inflated before the game and where they were measured at halftime—and found to be underinflated—could go to explain the reported drop in pressure. (It doesn't explain why the Colts' balls, which were prepared at the same time and place, were still at regulation psi.)

"That's BS," said Wilson rep Jim Jenkins, who explained to Boston.com the process of making footballs and how they maintain their integrity until game time. (Unless you put it in a freezer, he said, it's not going to fluctuate wildly under natural atmospheric changes for "maybe a year or two" after being manufactured.) And then again, for emphasis: "That's BS, man."
                      The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• webspinnre
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

And of course, both teams footballs where under the same environmental factors, so if environment was the issue, wouldn't the Colts' footballs also have deflated?
                        I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• Eroop22
                          Zag for Life
                          • Sep 2009

Nope because clearly the Patriots were on the side of the stadium with shade. Which was good for a 10 degree temperature variance from sideline to sideline. So obviously the Colts footballs would not have deflated because they were on the warm side of the stadium.
                          You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

Comment

• gu03alum
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Patriots fumble rate shows they have been cheating since 2007
                            Bring back the OCC

Comment

• gu03alum
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Bill Simmons had Bill Bellichik's face put over the top of Tony Montana in Scarface in the "say goodnight to the bad guy scene." Pretty awesome and NSFW.

Bring back the OCC

Comment

• ZagaZags
                                Banned
                                • May 2010

This years trophy.

Comment

Working...
                                X