Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Black uniforms ( The Mega Thread )

Default Black uniforms ( The Mega Thread )

Burn the Black Uniforms

And that is really how I feel. Now that they had the stupid things on after so much hype, they are not worth it. And don't be an idiot and give Nike $70 for a replica. They don't need it.

Burn the damn things or give them to Goodwill.
    Last edited by RenoZag; 03-29-2015 at 06:07 PM.

Interesting, I thought they looked pretty good.

Wouldn't buy one since we almost never wear anything other than blue and white, but I didn't think they looked bad.

Since we won with the new jerseys on, i like it.
    How many teams put their nick names in front of their jerseys? I can't think of one.

A keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Interesting, I thought they looked pretty good.

Wouldn't buy one since we almost never wear anything other than blue and white, but I didn't think they looked bad.
    the only thing I dont like about these uniforms, is that they are the new tight style... other than that, I think they are sick. I love them.. Its too bad they cant bust as some retro 99 jersey's though. Best Unis ever.

Default Oh, please don't get superstitious and keep wearing

I was afraid somebody would say that.

The shorts would definately be worth owning, overall I dont think they are bad alternates. Much better than the red ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Zag 77 View Post
    And that is really how I feel. Now that they had the stupid things on after so much hype, they are not worth it. And don't be an idiot and give Nike $70 for a replica. They don't need it.

77 I am getting mixed signals here. Stop beating around the bush.

Love 'em. I really like the all black especially the black shoes with high black socks.

I like everything about them.

The midnight blue around the arms is my favorite touch. Very distinctive and classy. I'd like to see a white version (with the old school '98 blue around the sleeves) of this style.

Then again, I rather like most of the UofO football unis (though some combinations are miserable, and some are amazing)
    History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

I hated them when the internet image was posted on the board a couple weeks back.

After seeing them in action, I really dig them. Unconventional? Sure. Traditional? Hardly. But they aren't gaudy. I like the "Zags" across the front. And the lines down the back of the jersey and shorts with the blue highlights on the shoulders was a good touch IMO.

Light years better than the reds with the navy blue names on the back. Ick.
    Training Grounds: Rambling Thoughts of a Surgical Resident
    You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions. -Siddhartha Gautama

I actually liked the look up close. But, they didn't look as good during the main shot. It was hard, on my TV at least, to distinguish between players. Most have dark hair, so they all looked like dark lumps running around.

Edit: Why don't people like the Red unis?

Great uniforms....same issues. The jersey doesn't matter folks.

Quote Originally Posted by gobroncsgozags View Post
    I actually liked the look up close. But, they didn't look as good during the main shot. It was hard, on my TV at least, to distinguish between players. Most have dark hair, so they all looked like dark lumps running around.

Yeah the game wasnt in HD so It was hard to get a good look at the Uniforms.

I loved the red unis, but the navy blue names was terrible.. If they would have made the names white, they would have been perfect.

I really liked the new black jerseys. I like the ZAGS on the front and the dark blue highlights on the edges. Why do people hate anything not blue or white? Everyone has alternates.

Love the new jerseys. Ninja-style....

Default Love Them!

I think they give us swagger, and we need it badly. LOVE EM!!

Default How old are you, Zag 77?

These unis are far better than hyped. These are kids - they don't play for 50 something alums, they play for their team and their school. I think they looked pretty darn good.

I liked them. And Pargo actually truly LOOKED like a linebacker wearing them...
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

They were great and hope we continue to use them!

Ditto. Blue and White. Those are our colors. Period.
    Gonzaga Basketball
    Exhibiting Character Since 1907

Quote Originally Posted by gobroncsgozags View Post

Agree. I don't think they look bad, but they are harder to distinguish on the TV than the other unis.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

i applaud the uniforms.

I did NOT like the uni's we wore against Memphis - and it is not because of the superstition thing of losing either, they just looked horrible - the shinyness and all. I like the idea of not having the last name on the back of the jersey - more team comradery, at least from a spectator's view

They were OK,I would like to see ZAGS on the front of everything
    Rob in AZ.

Thumbs up Sharp Dressed Men

I am kind of an old guy and my wife and I both thought that the uniforms looked very sharp. I liked the shorts and my wife liked the snug-fitting tops because she said you could see what great shape these kids are in. If the unis make the kids feel better about themselves, so be it.
    Colorado Zag Fan

We had a split of opinion at my house. I'm with you "77" -- I think they look awful.