Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Top 5 dunkers

Quote Originally Posted by rennis View Post
    He was really mad at himself for not doing a 360 too. He played it safe with the 180, but didn't know he had as much separation on the break. Otherwise he would have thrown down a 360, which he could do all day long in practice.

No one has/had ups like Matt. His athleticism was ridiculous.
    I seem to recall the 1st time I saw Matt. Exhib. his RSFr. year. Was bringing the ball up & got picked @ half court by Kyle Dixon (previous starting point who Jud Heathcoat is quoted as saying in BraveHearts could have started on most of his MSU teams). As the 6'2" Kyle goes in for (what he thought was) the uncontested layin, the 6'1" Matt had recovered & absolutely stuffed him from behind. Like LarryLegend said, wasn't quite sure what I saw.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Mark Few Show episode featuring top 5 dunkers, Batista's surprise on Senior Night, & more:

Quote Originally Posted by exclusivelee View Post
    Mark Few Show episode featuring top 5 dunkers, Batista's surprise on Senior Night, & more:

I just got done watching it. Was about to post it. I almost lost it seeing JPs senior night again. That was so special. Makes me so proud to love Gonzaga.
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Just got done watching it and was kind of shocked Casey wasn't #1, but can't really disagree with Heister.

However....................the greatest single dunk I ever saw from a ZAG was Josh H. against Baylor. It was off an in-bounds pass under the ZAG basket, a lob pass that Josh grabbed with one hand after he was already airborne, drew it back, and tomahawked it through in a single motion.

Unbelievable how athletic he was at 6'-11" prior to all the injuries.

Great piece on the Mark Few Show. I also really enjoy the McCarthy Moments this year, shed a few tears when JP's brother showed up.

Go ZAGS

I would put Ira Brown ahead of Elias.

I think I'd go---

5. Harris
    4. Ira
    3. Turiaf
    2. Pargo
    1. Calvary

But sheesh, you could move a couple guys up or down 1-2 spots and I'd totally be fine with it. It's a very close one for me. All of them were phenominal at the ole yam job.

Frankly, I've been very surprised that we haven't had MORE dunking this season.
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    I would put Ira Brown ahead of Elias.
    Agree with you here. Now, if Elias would have continued the type of yamjob-clinic he put on during his freshman campaign for the REST of his career, then I'd probably have him more like #2, if not #1. But the rest of his career (simply DUNK-wise) was nowhere near what he did that first season.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    So I watched "Gonzaga, A Decade of Excellence" last night.... and There was a blurb, I think it was Mike Nilson, who told us Ronny Turiaf didn't like to dunk because it hurt his hands...lol... Just thought that was a funny tidbit.

EDIT: Nope it was Dickau.
    That is hilarious. That's SO Turiaf.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Bevan View Post
    Anthony Reason went vertical at St Mary's for a bone jarring jam. It is to this day the greatest single dunk in the Few Era.
    Saw this live and agree 1000%. Until today I was convinced there wasn't video of this DUNK, but it is included in this countdown segment. (Of course, the angle they have doesn't do it justice.)

Mini-tangent: this game occurred when SMC was Horrible. I'm pretty sure their gym was less than 25% filled & there were probably more Zag fans than SMC fans.
    youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011