1 0.78%
  • Pangos

0 0%
  • GBJ

0 0%
  • Someone else (who?)

4 3.13%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: - - -GUnit of the Game - - - (UCLA)

Went with Wesley for the FT's down the stretch. Seems like all the posts are for Wesley, but KW is leading the vote

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    Seems like all the posts are for Wesley, but KW is leading the vote
    Noticed that too. Interesting.
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Tough call...Wiltjer or Wesley. I went for Wiltjer, but if you throw in all the intangibles it might go to Kyle D
    . Tough D here, a tip out there, an assist or three ball when needed...Mr. Idaho does it all!

Wiltjer. I thought he hit so many big shots to keep UCLA at arms length. He did a dang good job on looney as well. He made Looney shoot from the outside, and that was okay with me. As usualy he also had some beautiful passes. I also agree with Wesley, and could have went with him as well. Either or. Wesley's two three's were F A N T A S T I C....awesome really. And like has been said he did a great job defending Powell. He actually took Powell out of the game. Wesley is really, really good on defense.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Westly
    Close by KW
    KD had a solid game
    Concern for Pangos?

Looks like KW is finding his 3 point game.
    Like a few of he newer shots by Sabonis!
    "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you can never know if they are genuine"---Abraham Lincoln.

Tough vote this time - but I went with Wesley. He had some clutch drives and baskets late in the game (along with that great blocked shot after a turnover down the stretch). He is just so smooth on getting to the basket (and finishing). This team has really missed that at times down the stretch in years past because the ball tends to just go around the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Rbo View Post
    Tough call...Wiltjer or Wesley. I went for Wiltjer, but if you throw in all the intangibles it might go to Kyle D
    . Tough D here, a tip out there, an assist or three ball when needed...Mr. Idaho does it all!
    Good point but a few turnovers at difficult times.

I hit Wiltjer but have been convinced it should be shared with Wesley. Wiltjer hit shots that put us up, with confidence and we never looked back. Wesley scored when we needed and blocked a shot we definitely needed at a crucial time.

Speaking of crucial times, had Pangos not hit that fadeaway 3 with one second on the shot clock, UCLA would have held us embarrassingly in that possession and had a trip up the floor to cut it to 6 or 5. Instead we went up 11 and it acted as a punch in the gut to them after playing in our face for 34 seconds. That was clutch.

Gary needs to shoot more 3s - 45%????
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Good point but a few turnovers at difficult times.

Gary needs to shoot more 3s - 45%????
    Tonight he shot 100% from three.

I voted other, but my choice was Dranginis. All the little things, tip outs, etc. I think he extended the Zags possessions 3 times or more.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    I voted other, but my choice was Dranginis. All the little things, tip outs, etc. I think he extended the Zags possessions 3 times or more.
    agree he was Hart-like but he made 3-4 terrible TOs, just lost the handle, that led to pts for the Alfords

Went with Wilt Jar - early game performance, great shooting, showed UCLA they weren't gonna win this one.

Wesley had a great all around game. Scoring, rebounding, assists, and his defense were all terrific across the board. He had a couple of blocks that single handedly extinguished UCLA runs.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    I thought Draino had a great game, too. I was surprised to see he only had 5 pts. He seemed to be everywhere.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

I voted Wesley, bit this is one that should be a Wesley/Wiltjer duo. And also Dranginis deserves some pieces of this win. No I am not worried about Pangos and GB. They did not have great games but they are doing everything to win. They are decoys at times, they give the ball to the correct person for scoring, and are doing super defense and rebound box outs. They are showing the senior leadership to make a fantastic run.

Wesley by a hair over Wiltjer...
    good to see him played well in front of his family and friends.

Nice quote from coach:

"It was tough on him coming into our program knowing he wasn't going to get as many shots as he was used to," Zags coach Mark Few said. "But he's crafty and he's embraced it. He's been a joy and his confidence is building."

Wiltjer slightly over Wesley and draino

He hit huge shots early on that led to our comfort lead of 10 and his ability to stretch the defense at the top of the key creates huge defensive problems for double downs..if his man is the double down ( which is usually the preferred double down choice) he hits the three ball. His ability to feed post is critical

Wesley was strong on both sides of ball

Draino played critical minutes and seems to be everywhere
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by Bocco View Post
    I went with Wesley 20pts, 9rebs, 4assts, 2 stls, 2 blks and played a hell of a game on defense. Wiltjer had a great game but thought Wesley had a more complete game.
    This!

Great GU win!
    The virtue I desire most is Humility and just when I think it's achieved, I have lost it.

Voted for Wesley, could have been Wiltjer. . .

Was impressed with Kyle Dranginis' game. He's contributing in many ways right now. A real "glue" guy.

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Quote Originally Posted by zag67 View Post
    I voted Wesley, bit this is one that should be a Wesley/Wiltjer duo. And also Dranginis deserves some pieces of this win. No I am not worried about Pangos and GB. They did not have great games but they are doing everything to win. They are decoys at times, they give the ball to the correct person for scoring, and are doing super defense and rebound box outs. They are showing the senior leadership to make a fantastic run.
    Agree 100%...Wesley is GUnit...Pangos/Bell are TEAMUnit because they are the leaders and showing remarkable maturity and humility by how they are adapting their roles for the good of the team. Love these Zags!
    He can move 15 ft to the left or right about as fast as my eyes can see it, his name could just as well be Hunter Hustle -ZagsGoZags 11/17/21

Wiltjer set the tone early and often while Wesley broke their backs. It was a good day.

Wiltjer. He isn't Ammo or Steppe, but he isn't far behind them in terms of importance to the team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Looks like the voting has gone like the game: 1st half to Wiltjer, 2nd half to Wesley.
    But we don't play nobody.

Finally got to watch the game. Tough choice but went with Wiltjer. It's so hard to pick in these games because we have multiple players playing at such a high level. I really liked what Karnowski is doing out there too. Three good games in a row, keep it up big fella.