• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 229SintoZag
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Threads like this

are what give the internet its awesomeness.

I have no opinion on whether KP has a concussion. I have no opinion on whether, if he does, or did, that explains his "off" game against WSU.

I do have an opinion that I love threads like this. Keep em coming please at all costs.

Comment

• Angelo Roncalli
      Bleeds Bulldog Blue
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by 229SintoZag View Post
      are what give the internet its awesomeness.

I have no opinion on whether KP has a concussion. I have no opinion on whether, if he does, or did, that explains his "off" game against WSU.

I do have an opinion that I love threads like this. Keep em coming please at all costs.
      You're a masochist.
      You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Comment

• americasteam
        Kennel Club
        • Jan 2010

I know this isn't a hardhitting news article or something up to Jazz's journalistic standards but nonetheless some people like the "Day After" posts - for all the little things gathered that didn't make it into the main post-game article. If you read it, you'll note that Jacob Thorpe (who is the beat writer for WSU) and Pangos did have a couple of words talking about his hit to the head. I'll leave it to all of you to discuss the nuances of what "glassy-eyed" means.

*** Edited to add that this article about Kevin getting hit in the head is regarding the WSU game. I just realized this thread is about him getting hit in the head in the Arizona game.
        Last edited by americasteam; 12-11-2014, 05:09 PM. Reason: oops, wrong game

Comment

• MDABE80
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

He's Canadian. He 's tough. Hockey tough. He can take it

Comment

• gonzagafan62
            Zag for Life
            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by siliconzag View Post
            Thanks for posting this. I am not sure if it applies to Kevin or not, however it is a possible explanation. I hope that the medical staff at GU is up on the latest management of this under diagnosed condition, or a mild concussion or MTBI (mild traumatic brain Injury) Unfortunately Bart, in my experience at least, most coaches and many physicians are not as aware of the latest guidelines as would be ideal. Often in the cases of kids as gritty as Kevin, the coaches leave it up to the athlete, with questions like, "are you ok?" (Hardly a good screening device).

I hope that 1) Kevin does not have a concussion (and remember this is not based on the old idea that LOC or loss of consciousness is present, just neurological impairment or symptoms such as transient confusion or headache and 2) That if he does have mild cognitive impairment that he is benched until it resolves. Obviously his health is of greatest concern to all Zag fans and Coaches. No game is important enough to risk it, and using old methods for determining eligibility in this day and age is indefensible. We have seen far too many tragedies including loss of life. My guess is that most of these mild brain contusions (that is the physiologic basis of a concussion) allow athletes to return to play, assuming the symptoms of headache of neurological impairment are absent.

Here is another article. The good news is that individualization of risk is possible thus allowing Kevin to play again, assuming no neurological sequelae.

https://www.aan.com/PressRoom/Home/PressRelease/1164
            I'm pretty sure we all now the extent of concussions and how serious of an issue this has devolved into over the last 20 years... But you really have any doubts that Kevin would be out there if there was ANY doubt he had a concussion? I trust the coaches Jennifer and Kevin to make the smart choice. I know we are still talking about kids here but Kevin should know the risks of concussions by just having Nunez on the roster...I don think he would take that chance
            Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• DZ
              Zag for Life
              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
              He's Canadian. He 's tough. Hockey tough. He can take it
              I agree, but that's sometimes a problem, especially with concussions. As I said above, if he's scared a little about missing a couple mid-season games, he might put himself at far greater danger for missing many more by coming back too early. I'm not telling you anything you don't know. I defer to none in my confidence in that staff, but it's only as good as the info they are getting.
              Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
              Mark Twain.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                Banned
                • Feb 2007

Something is wrong with Kevin

Watching this game, and the one against Wazzu, it's clear there's something wrong with him. I don't know if it's the two hits to the head, but I really hope hes okay.

Comment

Working...
                X