• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FroZAG
    Bulldog Fan
    • Feb 2012

Long Island Zag as a board moderator??

Am I the only person who is trying to be a bigger part of Gonzaga support !! who is getting their posts deleted?!?

Anyone else wanting to see this GUBoard grow larger that 200-400 ppl as viewers??
    Or.... are Dixie and Jazz going to be what the board is comprised of indefinitely? ( I LOVE you two!! Don't get me wrong!) I justdon't want my posts to be deleted if my posts don't "rhym" with yours!!!

Why is it NOT OK to question other people on their beliefs of what happened? Zagsker was on the idiot sauce when he made his post. And that's ok!!!
    He/she knows it......yet LongIslandZag you deleted my post and they didn't get a chance to respond! Man.... C'mon!!

Let Zagsker be a grown-up and respond for himself you "over-moderator"LongIslandZag!!!!!!

WOULD YOU PPL LIKE TO RESPOND FOR YOURSELVES???? -OR- Wait until LIZ delete's it??

One person thinks the ref's were great and another does not. That is how the world goes around!!

If one person like Zagsker wants to come up with a terrible interpretation of a game.

And somebody wants to call him on it! why is that NOT OK LongIslandZag??

Why you pick and choose the posters on your board????

Nobody wants a chat-board where everyone agrees.

Is this a place where idiots are allowed to run a muck and the ppl who see these idiots are NOT ALLOWED to speak???

SOLID Question that absolutely deserves an answer. No Doubt.

LongIslandZag if you delete this! it SHOULD be your resignation. There is Nothing un-fair here.
  • FroZAG
    Bulldog Fan
    • Feb 2012

PLEASE DO NOT Delete This one LIZ!!!!!

Someone like Zagsker needs to be called out in his tracks for supporting referees who are that terrible!

Do YOU support terrible referees LIZ?? I doubt it unless Zagsker is a "Ref-friend" of yours...which I doubt! (in which-case thank you for taking my post down! Lol)

So why get upset at me and delete MY VOICE when I call out somebody supporting the bad ref's, who in a lot of years may have taken that game from us??

Do you want Zagsker to live in a Bubble his/her entire life thinking that the refs have good intentions 100% of the time?? Because if so, then you might actually be my father Ok, now that you LIZ and I, both know that the refs are NOT wholesome ALL the time, would you like to put my post back up, even tho it isn't super nice but it describes reality? Possibly Zagsker needs to know that one out of every 100 refs are actually bad.

LIZ if you don't want people to speak freely maybe a moderator like you would be best accentuated at running a FB page that's less needed for free-speaking fans? And then somebody who is MOTIVATED to grow the Gonzaga Men's Basketball fan-base could step in for you while you become the provider for your niche.

From now on please don't be picky and choosy of which members get to have "A Voice" on your board.
    When Zagsker said something dumb I just came back at him with something else right? I didn't delete his posts from the whole GU Board did I?? So stop trying to play Jesus!! Actually, NO! Jesus let ppl say what they wanted to didn't he?.....

SO STOP BEING SUCH A JERK AND KICKING IDIVIDUAL POSTS OFF THE BOARD!!! IF you DONT LIKE THEM!!! STOP PICKING AND CHOOSING LIKE OBAMA!!

Let's face it LongIslandZag: Myself and most other g.u.board consumers can use a few more "un-guided" opinions on here. Dixie and Jazz can be your own sportscenter commentators if you'd like them to be.....and I'm sure they would do a fantastic job. For you. But 200-450 viewers on supposedly "the best" Zags chat room there is, is sad.

In fact I've in years past seen posts that were talking about the posts that had been deleted, and it tilted me in the direction of not posting on a number of occasions. I'm saying that your viewership has it well ingrained into them that they better be a lawyer or something to comment on your website. Or sound like a basketball scholar, or be named dixie or jazz. I am not a lawyer or Dixie or Jazz.

200=450 viewers is sad.... It's sad to me personally, as a GU diehard. I have waited for YEARS!!!! FOR THIS BOARD to flourish! I come here to YOUR site and it doesn't grow. Almost as sad as Heister not even acknowledging the presence of our freshman Bryan Alberts on the floor during TV time, for the first 3 court-minutes of his college career.
    Alberts is staring a red-shirt year in the face, and he gets in for the exhibition game which will be his ONLY time all year, and the "home-town" commentators are sooo busy ripping on Arvydis, our other players dad, that they didn't even see our Colorado player of the year, who was making his ONE appearance on Heister's network for the year. What a sack Heister is.

A sack of crap! (and here you go deleting me again)

You LIZ, booting my posts, was as awesome of a move as Heister ignoring our freshman and ripping on Arvydas Sabonis on Live TV. Why boot my posts?? C'mon maign!!! When you decided to Boot my post, what was your purpose? Or goal for that? Nobody complained, you intercepted. my fanhood. I am actually spending the time because you made me so mad that I am taking my Zags re-run time to email your stupid-ass. Does that make you happy??

Seriously, do you want LESS Gonzaga basketball fanhood??
    If that is the case then what is the matter with you??

Do Gonzaga fans a favor and ALLOW GONZAGA FANS TO SPEAK FREELY ON THIS BOARD!

Zagsker feels that all refs have pure intentions ALL the time, and he/she was making fun of ppl who theorized otherwise. I guess that is OK with LIZ, correct?

Zagsker is an adult and he/she can respond appropriately! No??

I put money on this year before last season even started. Hence the 50 to one odds. Before that I had never bet a future. Or on the Zags (because of fanhood interference). Since 15+ months ago I have KNOWN our team was going to make a run.

My fanhood, at it's backbone is the strongest you've seen. For sure.
    My friends know to not bring up the Zags because they know the 60 minute over-talked run-down they will get from me about ALL our players.

Look! If I at times I seem like the "Simon Cowell" of this board then so be it. Do you want all these 12 year old running around singing at the top of their lungs and nobody is allowed to tell them they are a bad singer??
    The 12 year old girls can handle a tongue lashing from Simon so why do YOU assume the educated adults on this board, can't handle responding? I believe in ppl! I bet ppl are capable of speaking for themselves and responding on their own.
    Unless Zagsker is a Ref friend on LIZ. And in that case let me know differently than removing MY VOICE from your page! I don't want to make our ref's mad!! Lol I promise!

But why do you need to Kick my posts off the board and then sit there and tell me I am "LUCKY" for you doing that because they "probably would have piled on me??"
    That is a complete!! joke!

If you haven't noticed, GU has gained some steam in the past 15 years and it is Way More than just senior citizens now. (no intended references on this one.)
    How on Earth are you going to run the most popular GONZAGA UNIVERSITY posting site around and be like you have been to me today?????????
    HOW ON EARTH IS A SANTA CLAUSE REFERENCE DURING THE HOLIDAY SEASON something to be punished for???????????

LIZ.... Are you a Zag promoter?
    Or the opposite?
    Are you going to "shield" ONE Zags fan to scare away 10 more this season? Because you are now scaring away season ticket holders. Me. C'mon man!!!

Should Zags fanhood grow? Or stay the same?
    If I were LIZ that is what I would be asking myself. And IF Zags fanhood were supposed to grow.... then am I doing my part as a guy named LIZ who is "DELETING POSTS OFF OF THE BOARDS".

If you are going to kick my posts off like this that falls under the category of the "problem" not the "solution". OR..."promotion".

People come from ALL OVER THE COUNTRY looking for Gonzaga chat. SOOOOO.... if YOU are blessed enough to currently be running this site LIZ, that means SOMEBODY ELSE does NOT have this site.
    Soooo, what that means LIZ for you is this: YOU have expectations to be running this commentary site for the Gonzaga Bulldogs Fan Club, and grow this site, at the same rate that Gonzaga fanhood happens.

Don't you see the same? Because if YOU are not doing it then FOR SURE someone else "would be".
    I put quotes around "would be" because they won't be trying to run anything until YOU are done running this site. YEA, You running this site and Growing it as opposed to grow and not kicking posts off of it.

What's the point of having a "chat-board" if YOU are going to control what's said?? Really.

Really. No point at all in having a chat board if you delete text's and hinder conversation.

You said you were at that game and the ref's almost seemed, like they had money on the game. (And as a bettor I know exactly what you were saying, it was terrible! (although I thought the kick to Perkins face was un-intentional) to Gains's credit.)

And keep in mind on my first post i made very careful to not call Zagsker an Idiot personally but refer to him as an idiot, third party like. That is standard. Especially since it's, an 18 and up Forum.

You do what you want with my membership to your chat-board LIZ. I hope it works in my favor. But even if not, I still love the Gonzaga Bulldogs!
    My dog is Edi named after Guy Landri Edi A Bulldog. He is black with white markings. BEAUTIFUL DOGGY!

I'll submit a picture if/when you decide to respond to me. Once again 509 xxx 4530. OR,
    YOU CAN REMAIN NAMELESS AND FACELESS. And keep Ki-boshing your posters like myself if they don't agree with the majority of the board and/or don't agree with you.

I AM OFFERING MY NAME AND FACE TO YOU LIZ! Because I am absolutely correct in my fanhood.

But what power does to ppl, like power has done to you even if it is a tiny slice of power, is it makes them see things differently. And in this case where you have the power and I don't...... it's Very Sad.

Just posted to my Fanhood GU constituent and my voice gets booted by LongIslandZag.

Really!??!?

Go Zags vs. St. Johns GU 82 StJ 74

(it's ironic how the nature of this thread had to do with the officiating) (yet on the officiating of the said thread, you LIZ were the poor official.)

Do the right thing LIZ. To me, all that means, is loosening your grip a little bit.

Thanks!
    FroZag
    Last edited by FroZAG; 11-27-2014, 11:45 PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

• MDABE80
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

lol The man's keepin us down!!! lol

LIZ and I don't see eye to eye on most issues amply voiced on the Crosby Board. he's a bit liberal and I'm conservative. But when it comes to Zag basketball he's a true blue fan and generally does the right thing. SOmetimes managing a board can be ike herding cats. He uses his judgement . i've seen no meanness though. Baor dmanagement can be difficult. I'd know as I have the Zag Scout Board. I took it one several years ago because posters from other schools were degrading the school and the BBall program. I'm a lot worse than LIZ is. It's pretty unusual for posters to come to the scout board because they either behave or it the "NO SOUP FOR YOU" routine. Thus, nobody comes but rarely anymore.

On this board, I've found the mods to be fair. Once in a while bait is layed.like in the Head to Head post from today. Many have gone back and forth over the Redskin moniker. Thus tonight I called the "Redmen" from St Johns.....and I knew somebody would fuss and change it to the current name "Red Storm". I didn't bristle.

In the end, ask yourselves how difficult the mod job is. Further though, who else would put in such a large amount of time. And therein lies the answer. I'm grateful we have some Zag people who will take the time to even HAVE amd manage this board. Nothing is perfect. They do the best they can these mods. Just my thoughts.....Go Zags!

Comment

• FroZAG
        Bulldog Fan
        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
        lol The man's keepin us down!!! lol

LIZ and I don't see eye to eye on most issues amply voiced on the Crosby Board. he's a bit liberal and I'm conservative. But when it comes to Zag basketball he's a true blue fan and generally does the right thing. SOmetimes managing a board can be ike herding cats. He uses his judgement . i've seen no meanness though. Baor dmanagement can be difficult. I'd know as I have the Zag Scout Board. I took it one several years ago because posters from other schools were degrading the school and the BBall program. I'm a lot worse than LIZ is. It's pretty unusual for posters to come to the scout board because they either behave or it the "NO SOUP FOR YOU" routine. Thus, nobody comes but rarely anymore.

On this board, I've found the mods to be fair. Once in a while bait is layed.like in the Head to Head post from today. Many have gone back and forth over the Redskin moniker. Thus tonight I called the "Redmen" from St Johns.....and I knew somebody would fuss and change it to the current name "Red Storm". I didn't bristle.

In the end, ask yourselves how difficult the mod job is. Further though, who else would put in such a large amount of time. And therein lies the answer. I'm grateful we have some Zag people who will take the time to even HAVE amd manage this board. Nothing is perfect. They do the best they can these mods. Just my thoughts.....Go Zags!
        Awesome response! Thanks for that...

But I will stand by ALL my words. Especially "picking and choosing". Bed time.

Comment

• bartruff1
          Zag for Life
          • Jan 2010

I used to think the paranoid posts should be deleted.....

the loons that think the games are fixed...the refs are fixed...the conference is fixed....the tournament is fixed .... but I have come to realize this is probably like talk therapy for their tortured souls..

and the delusional ones who think they know more and care more about winning than the coaches do....... a safety valve...

I just try to ignore the whining and sniveling and peeing and moaning...the childish self pity..
          Last edited by bartruff1; 11-28-2014, 05:25 AM.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
            • Feb 2007

Note to everyone. I deleted a post where he insulted a fellow board member.

He has sent me multiple irrational PMs... I haven't banned him. I didn't delete this thread.

You figure out on your own how bad of a man I am.
            "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• bartruff1
              Zag for Life
              • Jan 2010

Cad...your the best... that is how my dad taught me to swim...

Comment

• RenoZag
                Super Moderator
                • Feb 2007

Happy Thanksgiving weekend.
                The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

Working...
                X