• Wesley

11 12.36%
  • Karno

0 0%
  • GBJ

0 0%
  • Someone else (who?)

2 2.25%

Thread: - - -GUnit of the Game- - - (St. Thomas Aquinas)

Default - - -GUnit of the Game- - - (St. Thomas Aquinas)

I'll try to post the box score soon.

YAHOO sports Box Score
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Anhel noonez

Wow! What a game for Nunez! He's going to be fun to watch for the rest of the season.

Wesley.

Have to go with Nunez amidst a host of good performances...shooting percentages were incredible. A special shout out to Kevin Pangos because he deserves credit for being completely unselfish and content to let others shine against this type of competition. I wouldn't have expected anything less, but just thought this deserved mention.

I went with Nunez, but Wesley also deserves it. They both played great. I also heard about our point guards of Pangos and Perkins making only 2 points but had 14 assists. That is really running the team. Fun to watch. Show the same team work on Wednesday.

How good/crazy is it that a guy can go 8-8 on the night, with 19 points, a couple rebounds, a block, a steal....and so far has no votes for GUnit! Haha! So awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    How good/crazy is it that a guy can go 8-8 on the night, with 19 points, a couple rebounds, a block, a steal....and so far has no votes for GUnit! Haha! So awesome.
    +1

Voted for Wesley but agree Nunez was very deserving. Wiltjer and Sabonis had good, efficient games as well.

How about 2 Zags having double-doubles (Nunez and Wiltjer).

I voted for Nunez, who was great, but who shouldn't have taken that last shot.

Nunez.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Double-Double Nunez most deserving.

I also voted for Nunez but wholeheartedly agree he should not have made that last shot. Not rubbing it in is one of the hallmarks of why our program is so classy. Please don't do that again Angel.

Glad he is getting the minutes he needs now to help us.He looks so much more relaxed than last year.He reminded me a little of Mika Downs a few years back Really liked his game,but never got to play as much as he should have.Keep it up Nunez,love the rebounding.

What a delight to vote for Angel!

I saw the game at the Kennel tonight and was thrilled to see the team in person. Now I'm going to watch the recording to see what I missed.

Highlight of the evening: Meeting Zagranny!

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyZag View Post
    I voted for Nunez, who was great, but who shouldn't have taken that last shot.
    Let's see...are we talking about the shot where he walked about 3 and a half miles before shooting? Haha. I also noticed that he put his head down after he made it. I wasn't sure if that was because he KNEW he traveled, or because he realized he probably shouldn't have taken the shot...

Maybe a combination of both. Either way, STELLAR, and insanely efficient, game!

Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    I voted for Nunez, and I thought Wesley really showed that he can get us a bucket when we need one tonight. Sabonis looked good, and I'm happy to see him scoring, but I thought he was quiet on the boards (and the box score reflects the same). Playing such an undersized DII team, you'd think Sabonis would have had a double double too -- Nunez did!

Nitpicking aside, I am really happy to see Nunez doing what he's doing. He really seems to be fitting in to the system a whole lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    Wow! What a game for Nunez! He's going to be fun to watch for the rest of the season.

Is that box score right? Didn't Nunez get a block out by the 3 pt. Line?

Nunez gets my vote.

I don't know how you'd give it to anyone but Nunez - best game since last year against SMC here at home.

Saw Few get on him a bit before half. I hope it was b/c Few is seeing that the guy can really contribute and is pushing him.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Finally watched the game after a long day of football, however watching it it was tough to vote against Wesley or Nunez. I went with Nunez .... Who knew he could make that many threes in a row??? Consistency all night a few blocks. Wesley really did well tonight as well a setting bunch of follow up tip ins. Nice game by both
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Put Wesley on on Olynyk's team and they reach the Final Four. He is the long missing final piece. Super impressed with his play.

Nunez hedges defensively like Sacre, but can sky to block shots as well. An intimidating sight for a perimeter shooter, watching that length flying toward you.
    I miss Mike Hart

Nunez. Wiltjer had a very good game too. And they both play the same position. Both had 11 rebounds. Nunez had 0 turnovers. Fantastic.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MickMick View Post
    Put Wesley on on Olynyk's team and they reach the Final Four. He is the long missing final piece. Super impressed with his play.
    We saw what he can do in the open court tonight. Incredible.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Coin toss between Nunez and Wesley....and it's Wesley.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Staff. Really putting players in position to be successful.

Bet George really enjoyed the game.

Go ZAGS!