Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 11/22/14 - Spartans @ Zags - GAME THREAD

Default 11/22/14 - Spartans @ Zags - GAME THREAD

TV: KHQ/RootNW

Radio: In SPOKANE on KGA 1510 AM/101.1 KEYF-FM * KWIQ-AM 1020 (Moses Lake, Wash.) ● KUIK-AM 1360 (Portland, Ore.) ● KIXI-AM 880 (Seattle, Wash.) ● KMAS-AM 1230 (Shelton, Wash.) * KFOE-AM 1240 (St. Maries, Idaho) ● ESPN 1490 (Walla Walla, Wash.) ● KKRT-AM 900 (Wenatchee, WA)

Radio Pregame: 4:00 pm PST (KGA AM 1510)
    Tipoff: 6:00 pm PST

Gonna be a nailbiter!
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

[QUOTE=BobZag;

Gonna be a nailbiter![/QUOTE]

I am biting nails three hours before tipoff.

Thanks for the info BZ. I have never watched a Zag TV broadcast while simultaneously listening to the radio broadcast. After listening to Joe Lunardi drone on about everything but the game, as GBJ is sinking long range bombs, I was getting a little annoyed with the ESPN broadcast. Further, there always seems to be am earlier contest overlapping into the TV broadcast of GU games. The radio broadcast would mitigate the frustration to some degree. In short, thanks for the good information.

Got a clue on the station that broadcasts Zag games in the Tri Cities? We might get the Walla Walla broadcast here. Who calls the games on radio?
    I miss Mike Hart

I show the game on Direct TV on RootNW
    "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you can never know if they are genuine"---Abraham Lincoln.

MickMick, I'm listening to Tom Hudson's pregame show online on KGA (Link). I don't try to mute the TV and listen to play-by-play because the radio isn't synchronized to the TV.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    MickMick, I'm listening to Tom Hudson's pregame show online on KGA (Link). I don't try to mute the TV and listen to play-by-play because the radio isn't synchronized to the TV.
    For those that might like to try television with radio broadcast…………..If you have a DVR on your Cable/Satellite system……….you can slip the picture to match the audio with rewind/forward. Once you get it I've watched entire games without adjusting. I listen to the radio broadcast on my iPhone and iPad with free TuneIn App on KGA. I watch the game on television or Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    For those that might like to try television with radio broadcast…………..If you have a DVR on your Cable/Satellite system……….you can slip the picture to match the audio with rewind/forward. Once you get it I've watched entire games without adjusting. I listen to the radio broadcast on my iPhone and iPad with free TuneIn App on KGA. I watch the game on television or Internet.
    Thanks for the great tip!

With respect to Dish Network and Root TV, I always need to use the search function as there are so many alternate Root channels it seems. I just use the word Gonzaga for the search and it leaves a record under "search history" so I don't have to key in the word every game.
    I miss Mike Hart

Spartans putting up a better fight than the last two visitors

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Not exactly the same energy to start the game as the last two. I guess its to be expected.

Nice dunk by Wesley though, didn't know he could get up that easy.

I think Wesley is having some fun out there.

Would really love for them to make Nunez a focus of the O tonight as a pure confidence building game.

Nunez playing very well tonight.

Nunez is having one heckuva game

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Nunez is having one heckuva game
    Almost a double/double already. Its great to see, it will pay off in the near future to get him going like this.

Looked like Coach was riding him a bit. Being a fourth year player, he likely knows that it is b/c he's having a great night and Few is likely pushing him harder with the idea that he can really elevate his game when needed.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

I really like BW game its balanced and controlled. BW has that pro look IMO of very little emotion always working. You can tell he's still trying to get comfortable in the offense. I think Coach will look to BW and KP in clutch situations to make the high percentage play.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    I really like BW game its balanced and controlled. BW has that pro look IMO of very little emotion always working. You can tell he's still trying to get comfortable in the offense. I think Coach will look to BW and KP in clutch situations to make the high percentage play.
    I agree, he always has the same look on his face. Never too high, never too low. He is very composed.

Perkins with an amazing assist to Nunez on a breakaway

This whole team is so unselfish, its awesome to watch. And wow can Perkins pass the ball.

Can anyone explain why the Kennel Club is singing Twinkle, Twinkle? Because it's time to put the game to bed?
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    Can anyone explain why the Kennel Club is singing Twinkle, Twinkle? Because it's time to put the game to bed?
    haha, thats what I got from it, they are singing a lullaby and saying goodnight, lol

Tacos ?

Nunez is unbelievably quick with that first step.

Pangos was intially charged with a turnover when he dribbled the ball off the back of his right foot. . .later in the broadcast, the broadcasters said the TO had been taken off the score sheet.

I thought STAC ended up with the ball after the scrum. If so, wouldn't the TO stand ?

( Can you tell it was a slow night on the GUB ? )

Thanks in advance for the clarification