Thread: ZaGranny at the WBB Meet and Greet

Default ZaGranny at the WBB Meet and Greet

Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa, Mea Maxima Culpa

I can only blame it on jet lag--I totally forgot to take photos at the WBB Meet and Greet.

It was a great time--there were over 200 people there.

Loved hearing the enthusiasm of the new staff. Lisa is just great! There seems to be a great chemistry on the staff. Amanda Brown (former player) is the new Director of Operations--replacing Michelle Clark, who is home spending time with her new baby, Heather Bowen is a volunteer assistant and graduate student. I liked hearing from Stacey Clinesmith, Jordan Green, and Craig Fortier.

Lisa talked about our OOC schedule, and you could tell she has done her homework on our opposing teams. There was a question from the audience about which WCC team she was looking forward to playing, and she said San Diego, but of course also SMC and BYU.

I saw Hondo and several other folks from the board. I also talked to Steve and Vickie Hertz, who introduced me to Dr. Krause.

After the program, I talked to Lisa, Heather, Shaniqua, Sunny, and Shelby.

It was well worth the trip to Spokane. We also made a Costco run. Mr. ID delivered my lap top to the Apple shop for repair. It was a productive day in in Spokane.

I am really excited about the season after hearing the coaches, and talking to Lisa and the players.

ZaGranny
    Formerly ID ZAGFAN--now officially ZaGranny.

As ZaGranny said, it was a well attended event. Had a chance to say hello to her and Hondo. Steve Myklebust, the voice of the Lady Zags did a good job as master of ceremonies, introducing the coaches and giving them questions submitted by members of the audience. All had good things to say about the special support the fan base gives the Gonzaga women and how that support is recognized around the league and the country. Jordan Green and Stacey Clinesmith said how much they were looking forward to seeing the crowd from the home side after experiencing it from the opponent's bench in the past. It was good to see Heather Bowman back with the Zags once again. She's back home where she belongs. I also had a nice visit with Shelby Cheslek, who told Hondo and I what a great time she had in Europe this summer, spending time in Germany with Sunny, and with travels to the Netherlands, France and Spain while there. Shaniqua also told us how she's bonded with the new coaches and is really looking forward to the upcoming season. That will get underway November 16th against a strong Dayton team.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavebear33 View Post
    As ZaGranny said, it was a well attended event. Had a chance to say hello to her and Hondo. Steve Myklebust, the voice of the Lady Zags did a good job as master of ceremonies, introducing the coaches and giving them questions submitted by members of the audience. All had good things to say about the special support the fan base gives the Gonzaga women and how that support is recognized around the league and the country. Jordan Green and Stacey Clinesmith said how much they were looking forward to seeing the crowd from the home side after experiencing it from the opponent's bench in the past. It was good to see Heather Bowman back with the Zags once again. She's back home where she belongs. I also had a nice visit with Shelby Cheslek, who told Hondo and I what a great time she had in Europe this summer, spending time in Germany with Sunny, and with travels to the Netherlands, France and Spain while there. Shaniqua also told us how she's bonded with the new coaches and is really looking forward to the upcoming season. That will get underway November 16th against a strong Dayton team.
    couldn't make the meet and greet since we're vacationing in the devils backyard but so glad there was a good turnout and OUTSTANDING to see Heather back in the mix.....who knows....maybe Courtney will eventually get there......We've actually buying one extra season ticket this season....nothing better than to have our team play terrific and get back into the Ncaa's.....unlike some, I'm expecting it.....I have faith...