• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RenoZag
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

94 Pages. . .

Originally posted by UberZagFan View Post
    So Reborn has 14 pages of rep, eh? Uber wants to know how many pages he has. And while you're at it, he'd also like to know the name of the jerk who gave him unsigned green rep on 12/21/09 at 11:30 A.M.!!! What is this world coming to??????
    Reputation for UberZagFan (Page 1/94) | There are 1,872 comments
    I have 131 pages
    The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• UberZagFan
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
      I have 131 pages
      94 pages for Uber is not nearly enough. Considering that it takes twice as much pop to get him to full negative strength, one would think that Uber would have a lot more pages.
      If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

Comment

• RenoZag
        Super Moderator
        • Feb 2007

And. . .as if my life wasn't full of enough chaos:

Sole Heir had a spinout today and crunched the right front corner of Mom's new car ( the one she bought in April after her other one was totalled by a teenager who T boned her in an intersection half a block from home )

Sole Heir is fine. Car's driveable.

2009 has really really sucked.

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• GPGUgrad
          Zag for Life
          • Oct 2007

Reno, 2009 has been an extremely hard year for me also. I've had my share of ER, doctors, hospital and dental visits (not me, but my family and close friends).

I can't wait for 2010. I will be thankful for life to be back, where there are no major worries.

Comment

• Akzag
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Agreed ... 2009 kinda blew.

I propose that we start a new year, hmmm, let's call it 2010 ... we'll allow a week to settle accounts and all that jazz and just moooove along.
            So many brackets, so little time.

Comment

• Ziggy
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Maybe we can delete 2009. Not a good year in my family and surrounding freinds. Alot of passings...heres to things looking up!
              "Reaching into his bag and taking out a stone, he slung it and struck..."

Comment

• RenoZag
                Super Moderator
                • Feb 2007

Reno's Annual Christmas Missive

The third annual posting of the RZ Christmas Letter

December 22, 2009

Dear Foo Friends:

The tree is blinking away from its usual perch atop the round mahogany coffee table that once decorated my parent’s living room. The angel atop the tree is smiling beatifically in spite of the fact she has a branch up her skirt. She knew the job was dangerous when she took it.

Just finished mopping the kitchen floor and vacuuming the carpet. Seems like I just did that—what ? Two weeks ago ? Last month ? Before the Rehab Hospital or after ? I know it was before the latest trip to ICU land by my wonderful bride, best friend, and cherished partner Mrs Reno.

For those recipients of this annual letter who haven’t been in the loop: my wife suffered a hemorrhagic stroke on the 11th of October. She spent roughly the next six weeks recovering, initially in Intensive Care, following surgery to deal with the bleeding in her brain, and then on to the neurosciences ward of the same facility.

The stroke left her disabled on her left side, impeded her ability to speak and swallow. She recovered her speech and swallowing reflex but the left side mobility loss appears unyielding though we can continue to hope it gets better.

From November 16th on, she was undergoing occupational, speech, and physical therapy in a rehabilitation hospital adjacent to the facility that treated her in the initial weeks of her illness. She was to come home December 15th and looked forward to continuing her recovery via at-home and out-patient therapies.

On the 6th of December, she was referred to the main hospital for a CT scan as a result of acute discomfort in her abdomen. She suffered a severe abscess in the region where a feeding tube had once been placed ( during the period she was unable to swallow) and could no longer rely on nasal gastric tube feeding for her nutritional needs. The abscess required surgery and that subsequently returned her to the ICU ward where this journey began in October.

She is currently breathing with the aid of a ventilator, takes her nutrition via a nasal gastric tube, and is fighting off various infections. Lab cultures have shown she is positive for VRE and MRSA, two bacteria which give infectious disease caretakers fits.

Since this episode began, her mother and her sister have spent some time in Reno to be with her and lend their support to our daughter. Cards, letters, emails, Facebook notes and other gestures have helped keep morale up at home. Our neighbors have done what good neighbors do in times like this and their generosity of spirit and hope has been a sustaining steadying presence in a chaotic time.

Mrs. RZ's co-workers and my colleagues have been kind and understanding. Whatever time I have needed, I have been given. Whatever support she needed for her medical leave and disability paperwork was provided. All of these means and measures of support are greatly appreciated.

The uncertainty of Mrs. RZ's outcome and the dramatic life change these events have wrought on me and the sole heir can be hard to take at times. But others have gone through worse, sustained larger losses, greater grief, and were made stronger for the experience. All three of us intend to join their ranks.

The kitchen floor is dry and the kitchen stools need to return to their place around the snack bar. The dog is curled up beneath the dining room chair where these thoughts have been composed. Tony Bennett’s cover of “The Christmas Song” paints a soundscape from an iPod playlist assembled over the last few Christmas seasons.

Familiar tunes that accompany the holiday, musical signposts that evoke memories of better times are as much a part of my holiday 'decor’ as oversized stockings hung from the hearth or an evergreen wreath hung on the front door.

It’s with the words from one of those songs that I leave you and close this edition of the RenoZag Christmas missive:

Through the years
                We all will be together,
                If the Fates allow
                Hang a shining star upon the highest bough.
                And have yourself a merry little Christmas now.

Peace to you & yours,

Reno
                Last edited by RenoZag; 12-23-2010, 09:10 AM.

Comment

• RenoZag
                  Super Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by mee755
                  Geeez, Reno. I'm starting to wonder about your Karma.

Hope 2010 is much better!
                  me too, mee, me too.

Have a very Merry.

Comment

• kitzbuel
                    • Feb 2007

Reno should spend more time writing. He might be better at it than he even thinks.
                    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
                      Time Zone Challenged Board Greeter
                      • Feb 2007

Eff 2009.

I like your letter Reno. You made me want to download that Christmas song now! haha
                      Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Comment

• Reborn
                        Zag for Life
                        • Oct 2007

Merry Christmas. Hope you have a good time. You're a cool guy. I'm glad I came to the Foo. It helps me see people in a whole new light. I'm finding out that moderators are real people too.
                        Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
                          Time Zone Challenged Board Greeter
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                          I'm finding out that moderators are real people too.
                          Whoa now! Slow down on that egg nog! You're talking crazy talk now!

;-)
                          Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Comment

• TerpZag
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

The third annual posting of the RZ Christmas Letter

December 22, 2009

Dear Foo Friends:....

It’s with the words from one of those songs that I leave you and close this edition of the RenoZag Christmas missive:

Through the years
                            We all will be together,
                            If the Fates allow
                            Hang a shining star upon the highest bough.
                            And have yourself a merry little Christmas now.

Peace to you & yours,

Reno

Dear friends...

On Christmas Day, we are driving to CA to join my sister & mother for a Christmas afternoon dinner with my sis, her boys, their wives, their kids, etc....

I urge you all to hold the "near and dear" ones in your life as close as possible; you never know when Life will get in the way.

Peace,

Reno
                            Reno enjoy your Christmas family gathering and be sure to get your spirits and endurance rejuvenated as you are surrounded by your loving family members.

Your Gonzaga Nation friends from near and far continue to keep your wonderful bride, your sole heir as well as yourself in their thoughts and prayers.

Have a safe drive and have a very Merry Christmas!

Comment

• Reno - God bless you and your wonderful family!

Comment

• JLGutrocks
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

Merry Christmas friend
                                “Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.” ~Jack Handey~

Comment

Working...
                                X