Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    IowaSERE
    SorenTodd45
    TexasZagFan
    Zags11
    zagsfanforlife

Who's on your list ?
    You have two of the three on my list.

A college buddy and I were shooting the breeze the other day and the subject of favorite records / songs came up. As a result we agreed to get together before the 2/27 Zags game and reveal our Top Ten Albums & Top 25 Songs, our personal, very subjective GOAT list of music. We thought it would be fun to see (after 55+ years of listening to the radio, records, grocery store muzak. . .) where our tastes intersected.

According to iTunes, I have over 7,000 songs, 1563, albums, 806 artists, and 59 genres in my music library. Years ago I had a gizmo that plugged into a turntable or cassette deck (and into a computer) which allowed me to digitize a major portion of my vinyl and cassette collection so the numbers above reflect most of the music I’ve enjoyed through the years.

When I was 6, my 16 year old sister washed the dishes and I dried them; we always had a “Top 40” AM radio station going in the kitchen. This would have been 1963, so at a formative age, I was exposed to the Motown Sound, the early Beatles, British Bands, and others. Fast forward a bit: I was introduced to the Allman Brothers my freshman year at GU, Commander Cody and Earth Wind and Fire my sophomore year and so on. My daughter is to blame for my appreciation of Florence & The Machine. . .

Narrowing down all those tunes (and the memories that went with them) to just 25 is a bit of a challenge. I suspect it is also “frame of mind” dependent. Anyway, I thought I would share the results with friends who were there for some of these tunes at one time or another. And, for the record, the first album I ever bought was Elton John’s “Honky Chateau,” which I eventually owned on 8 track, cassette, and CD. . .

Cheers ! #StaySafe

Top Ten Albums (Not in Order of Preference )

1 Born to Run- Bruce Springsteen
    2 Hot Rocks - The Rolling Stones
    3 Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd
    4 Aja - Steely Dan
    5 One More from the Road - Lynrd Skynrd
    6 Madman Across the Water - Elton John
    7 Blood on the Tracks - Bob Dylan
    8 Dire Straits - Dire Straits
    9 Searchin' For A Rainbow - Marshall Tucker Band
    10 Revolver - The Beatles

Top 25 Songs - (Not in Order of Preference )

1 - I Fought the Law (And the Law Won) - The Bobby Fuller Four
    2 - Faraway Eyes - The Rolling Stones
    3 - Ramble On - Led Zeppelin
    4 - Two Tickets to Paradise - Eddie Money
    5 - Rocket Man - Elton John
    6 - Jessica - The Allman Brothers
    7 - Wavelength - Van Morrison
    8 - Go Your Own Way - Fleetwood Mac
    9 - You're So Vain - Carly Simon
    10 - Takin' It To the Streets - The Doobie Brothers
    11 - I've Just Seen a Face - The Beatles
    12 - Taxi - Harry Chapin
    13 - Year of the Cat - Al Stewart
    14 - The Pretender - Jackson Browne
    15 - This Tornado Loves You - Neko Case
    16 - Stealing Electricity - Tom Russell
    17 - Everybody Went Low - John Hiatt
    18 - Night Moves - Bob Seger
    19 - Rock N Roll ( Live ) - Lou Reed
    20 - Sympathy for the Devil - The Rolling Stones
    21 - Layla - Derek & the Dominoes
    22 - Lido Shuffle - Boz Scaggs
    23 - Samba Pa Ti - Santana
    24 - Maggie May - Rod Stewart
    25 - Texas Flood - Stevie Ray Vaughn

The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Began the day noting the sad and cruel anniversary March 15 brings each year. My father Roy passed this day in 2007; my wife Lisa passed this day in 2016. On most days, I try to recall them in gentle, fun, warm , and loving ways. On the 15th of March, I have to try harder. . .

Be careful out there.
    I hope our collective pandemic experience leaves us appreciating those we have all the more.

I see my old Photo Bucket account still works

Happy St. Paddy’s Foo !

Sent via mobile device

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

The Gaels will be back. But not tonight. . .

Was able to schedule my C19 vaccination (first shot) yesterday; will be inoculated the morning of the 30th.

Time to watch this game. . .81-79. Zags. . .54 seconds left.

I don't know if there will be a BZ Bulldog thread tonight. . .if there is, folks are just going to have to wait. . .

HOLY CARP
    I wear a helmet while internetting.

Good morning !

You have to wonder if the Zags will have enough gas left in the tank when they face a very, very talented Baylor team tonight. Not from the physical standpoint but from the mental aspect. Will Saturday night be Gonzaga’s only “One Shining Moment” moment ?

After the cancellation of last year’s tournament, college hoops fans are getting a 5 star title game match-up that appears (from an analytical view) to be a toss-up.

In football, defense wins championships. I think the same applies to college hoops. I think the Bears have the better players on “D” so in my head, I think they’ll win because of it.

In my heart, I think the Zags win because Few and the program have been knocking on the door of a title for two decades now, it’s time they were let in to the building that houses the roster of teams who’ve won the National Championship. Doing it as the first undefeated team since 1976 would be the icing on the cake.

Think I’ll follow my heart on this one.

Good morning !

You have to wonder if the Zags will have enough gas left in the tank when they face a very, very talented Baylor team tonight. Not from the physical standpoint but from the mental aspect. Will Saturday night be Gonzaga’s only “One Shining Moment” moment ?

After the cancellation of last year’s tournament, college hoops fans are getting a 5 star title game match-up that appears (from an analytical view) to be a toss-up.

In football, defense wins championships. I think the same applies to college hoops. I think the Bears have the better players on “D” so in my head, I think they’ll win because of it.

In my heart, I think the Zags win because Few and the program have been knocking on the door of a title for two decades now, it’s time they were let in to the building that houses the roster of teams who’ve won the National Championship. Doing it as the first undefeated team since 1976 would be the icing on the cake.

Think I’ll follow my heart on this one.
    Isn't Gonzaga rated as better on D by Kenpom, #8-#21?
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Isn't Gonzaga rated as better on D by Kenpom, #8-#21?
    https://kenpom.com/

#1 and #27.

And GU's AdjEM is +38.13 compared to Baylor's +32.38

I'm not taking great comfort in the stats, willandi. I've reached the "heart on my sleeve" portion of the season. . .

https://kenpom.com/

#1 and #27.

And GU's AdjEM is +38.13 compared to Baylor's +32.38

I'm not taking great comfort in the stats, willandi. I've reached the "heart on my sleeve" portion of the season. . .
    To be honest, so have I. I have been a little hesitant to put too much on the table. It has been a great season. I hope for one more, but win or lose...it's been a fun ride.

My only worry is mental and physical exhaustion.

But, I am also now convinced that a lot of the "perfect season" pressure is off. They earned shedding that in the semi finals.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    My only worry is mental and physical exhaustion.

But, I am also now convinced that a lot of the "perfect season" pressure is off. They earned shedding that in the semi finals.
    Almost 48 hours to recover, so I'm sure that we'll...I mean they'll be fine.

There's a very good reason I opted out of being a full-fledged Moderator on this board: Post loss meltdowns.

Sometimes you lose to a better team. When it happens, you tip your cap and move on.

But that rarely happens on the MBB. Instead it's attacks on Player X, Coach Few, other posters, the refs, and so on. . .it wears you out.

I am as disappointed as the next diehard Zags fan but that doesn't mean I have to rant, rave, and troll about it. Zags had a terrific year under the worst of circumstances and gave us all 31 chances to forget about our cares and woes. Not going to throw them under the last bus leaving Indianapolis because they didn't get to hoist the ultimate trophy case hardware.

Thanks to all of Zag Nation for your company in the 2020-2021 season !

There are a few folks who just can’t read a room.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    There are a few folks who just can’t read a room.
    Amen. Thanks to you & the other full-board moderators for preventing the inmates from running the asylum.

Thanks to all of Zag Nation for your company in the 2020-2021 season !
    Reno, thank you for all that you did to keep the Zag basketball community informed each and every day throughout this entire amazing Gonzaga basketball season...You are a tremendous Zag through and through...

Cheers, Terp. We'll get 'em next year !

Default The 85th Masters Tournament

If anything can take the sting out of Gonzaga's final game "L," it's following the coverage of the 85th playing of the Masters.

I'll root for history: Lee Westwood would be the oldest Masters winner; DJ could join Nicklaus, Faldo, and Woods as the only back to back champions.

I'll root for a few young guns: Morikawa, Cantlay, Rahm, Hovland, Fitzpatrick

I'll root for redemption: Jordan Spieth, who has resurrected his game after going winless for over 1,300 days, who knows how to play the course, and may have a crack at capping his comeback with another major championship. Or Tony Finau, who seems to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory more than any other player with his name on the bag. And Rory McIlroy, whose game seems to have gone sideways of late, seemingly making his chances of completing the career "Grand Slam" in this edition of the Masters a hefty longshot.

Who are you rooting for ?

If anything can take the sting out of Gonzaga's final game "L," it's following the coverage of the 85th playing of the Masters.

I'll root for history: Lee Westwood would be the oldest Masters winner; DJ could join Nicklaus, Faldo, and Woods as the only back to back champions.

I'll root for a few young guns: Morikawa, Cantlay, Rahm, Hovland, Fitzpatrick

I'll root for redemption: Jordan Spieth, who has resurrected his game after going winless for over 1,300 days, who knows how to play the course, and may have a crack at capping his comeback with another major championship. Or Tony Finau, who seems to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory more than any other player with his name on the bag. And Rory McIlroy, whose game seems to have gone sideways of late, seemingly making his chances of completing the career "Grand Slam" in this edition of the Masters a hefty longshot.

Who are you rooting for ?
    What is your final take?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Hideki won the tournament on Saturday after the weather delay. He was piping his drives, controlling his irons, and making putts. Was very impressed with Zalatoris though the flat stick has been his weakness and it showed on Sunday.

Xander will win a major before Jon Rahm. He's developed the scar tissue to withstand the pressure on the next go-round.

Proof of life, token post.

Proof of life, token post.
    I am also alive. And I'm about two days from reaching full pfizer strength and we get to have mother's day dinner with the in-laws in-doors and I'm actually pretty happy about it.
    I wear a helmet while internetting.