Page 188 of 189 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189 LastLast
Results 4,676 to 4,700 of 4714

Thread: Reno's Place

That’s not fog hiding the scenery

Sent via mobile device

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Reno, looks like the smoke and fire isn’t letting up any time soon. Are you able to get out much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

I've played golf wearing a face mask due to the smoke. Also cancelled a couple of tee times when the AQI was 200 (or worse). I managed to get in a camping trip before the fire situation escalated.

Thanks for asking.

Stay safe....sure doesn't look good for Tahoe

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/08/...th-lake-tahoe/

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Stay safe....sure doesn't look good for Tahoe

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/08/...th-lake-tahoe/
    Indeed. Hard to establish "defensible space" under present forest management, TRPA regulations, and on and on. The terrain and density of forestlands in the Tahoe Basin will overwhelm the fire fighting effort if the weather continues to act like an accelerant.

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Hey man, email me or PM me (I see that you aren't doing that) one or the other, doesn't matter.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Hey man, email me or PM me (I see that you aren't doing that) one or the other, doesn't matter.
    Sent you an email a short while ago. . .

Good luck to the Zags and good luck to the Foo.

September 23 birthdays: John Coltrane, Ray Charles, Bruce Springsteen. . .my grand-daughter. . . Joey Louise Hustad, born at midnight, 9/23/21. . .Keep on rockin' in a free world, Miss Joey.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    September 23 birthdays: John Coltrane, Ray Charles, Bruce Springsteen. . .my grand-daughter. . . Joey Louise Hustad, born at midnight, 9/23/21. . .Keep on rockin' in a free world, Miss Joey.
    You are loving this, aren’t you.

Have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Mother & Child Union.

Sent via mobile device

Congrats

Sent via mobile device

Congratulations Grandpa! And congratulations to Amanda and her family...Joey Louise Hustad is quite a blessing...

Sent via mobile device
    Aww she's so cute! Have you decided what you'll go by, or does Joey get to come up with the nickname for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    Aww she's so cute! Have you decided what you'll go by, or does Joey get to come up with the nickname for you?
    My friends are calling me "grandpa" and I hope Joey does also. Anything but "Poppi" is fine by me.

Woke up at 4:30 to a hail storm. First dose of winter has arrived in the Truckee Meadows. We're supposed to return to high 60's by the weekend. Weather in Northern Nevada is as dynamic as the attention span of a 3 year-old.

I see there's one less poster from the Lone Star state spewing nonsense on the MBB tonight. This is a good thing.

I see there's one less poster from the Lone Star state spewing nonsense on the MBB tonight. This is a good thing.
    Were the two of you contemporaries in the ROTC program?
    Gonzaga has defeated Baylor, Illinois, Virginia, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona, Creighton, Oklahoma, Florida State, Texas A&M, Oregon, Iowa, West Virginia, Auburn, USC, and Washington over just the past three seasons.

and what about the nonsense you spewed about sloot according to Zagdad84?

Did I describe her as 'not being Zag material' ? My comment was directed at the school for not retiring her jersey.

MCMM: Were the two of you contemporaries in the ROTC program?
    We overlapped two school years: 75-76 and 76-77. The BU Bulldog Battalion was fairly small in those days. AFIR, we didn't share any courses. Might have shared a couple of ROTC extra-curriculars.
    Last edited by RenoZag; 10-20-2021 at 01:24 PM.

Congrats Reno!
    If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    Were the two of you contemporaries in the ROTC program?
    I keep in touch with Tex offline... had dinner and beers with him and his family a few years ago after a Texas Rangers game down in Arlington. He wasn't upset with his short ban... he was just concerned that the dude taking him to task in a less that board-worthy way got the same treatment... which was definitely the case.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    I keep in touch with Tex offline... had dinner and beers with him and his family a few years ago after a Texas Rangers game down in Arlington. He wasn't upset with his short ban... he was just concerned that the dude taking him to task in a less that board-worthy way got the same treatment... which was definitely the case.
    He has a relative in my neck of the woods; we had a bite & a beer a few years ago when he was visiting her. Mostly chatted about our ROTC time, mutual acquaintances. . .Army crap.

My comment was directed at the school for not retiring her jersey.
    https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...-from-gonzaga/

Now Gonzaga wants to raise the roof for the greatest player in program history by retiring her No. 21 jersey at the McCarthey Athletic Center.

“It’s definitely a priority for us,” GU athletic director Chris Standiford told The Spokesman-Review.

Retiring Vandersloot’s No. 21 jersey has been in the works for some time; in fact, no one has worn it since she graduated in 2011.

All that remains is to find an open date in her busy schedule. Vandersloot also plays in Europe, and it’s unclear when she will depart.

Gonzaga has NEVER retired a player's jersey while that player was still active in professional basketball. Why would you expect GU to retire Courtney's jersey before she is finished with her WNBA and/or professional basketball career when they have never done that before.
    She's deserving of the honor and such recognition should not have to wait until her playing days are over. If GU is setting a new precedent, then she's the perfect choice for establishing a new standard for saluting truly outstanding Zags who excelled on the hardwood.