Page 184 of 185 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185 LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,600 of 4601

Thread: Reno's Place

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    When I was 7, my 17 year old sister was stuck babysitting me. She and her boyfriend took me with to a drive in movie. She made me lie down on the back seat and made it quite clear I was not to look at her, the boyfriend, or the movie.

My next trip to a drive in was 13 years later (summer 1978) to see “Animal House” with a Gonzaga pal.

Haven’t been to a Drive In since

Sent via mobile device
    When I was a kid, we had a teenaged babysitter who locked me and my brothers out of the house for hours so she could be alone with her boyfriend. My youngest brother was probably three or four years old at the time. I might have been seven or eight. It was during daylight hours, so we pretty much roamed the neighborhood all day with no supervision. She let us back in the house for lunch and then booted us back out for the afternoon.

We were playing in the creek about a mile from the house when my parents got home. They were displeased.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/z...tching-on-fire

All three of those trucks, which were destroyed in fires within a 72-hour period, were the iconic USPS Long Life Vehicles, or LLVs, featuring right-side driver seats so letter carriers can easily put mail into mailboxes. They are the vehicles you are most likely to picture if someone says “mail truck.” And all over the country, they have been bursting into flames at an alarming rate.

Since May 2014, at least 407 LLVs have been damaged or destroyed in fires, or approximately one every five days, according to documents obtained by Motherboard via a Freedom of Information Act request.

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

I like the new avatar. Is there a story behind it?

Our mailman just got a new mini mini van type of vehicle a week or so ago. It was weird not seeing the box like one and made me think back to the Jeep my grandparents' mailman drove when I was a little kid. For 40 years, "Mailbag Harry" would park his Jeep in front of their house and then walk the block, first up the street, then down the opposite side, cross the street and back up to their house. With their house being the last one to get (or not get) mail...so much suspense for a preschooler lol. When I was 14 we were at a wedding and the mailman was there, that's when I found out that his name wasn't Harry, that was a nickname my grandpap gave him

MCMM: Not really. A bit of silliness mixed with my overall opinion of segments of the GUB. . .I turned in my building keys, parking pass, and decoder ring yesterday
    Last edited by RenoZag; 07-10-2020 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    Our mailman just got a new mini mini van type of vehicle a week or so ago. It was weird not seeing the box like one and made me think back to the Jeep my grandparents' mailman drove when I was a little kid. For 40 years, "Mailbag Harry" would park his Jeep in front of their house and then walk the block, first up the street, then down the opposite side, cross the street and back up to their house. With their house being the last one to get (or not get) mail...so much suspense for a preschooler lol. When I was 14 we were at a wedding and the mailman was there, that's when I found out that his name wasn't Harry, that was a nickname my grandpap gave him
    I would guess the rig our mailman is driving is due for a new starter. As he makes his run up and down the street, I hear that thing grinding away with each re-start. He's probably required to kill the engine if he has to leave the vehicle, and our mailboxes are not within an arm's reach. Good guy. His name is Joe. Since I retired, I've had more interaction with him. The letter carrier food drive is one of my preferred charitable contributions each year.

Still waiting for the admin / mod to take away my access to moderator functions.

I gave them notice three days ago. The wankers at the S-R still haven't acted on it

That should tell you all you need to know about the S-R's view of this website. They don't care if it lives or dies.

Cheers !
    Last edited by RenoZag; 07-12-2020 at 07:52 AM.

Thanks Reno for all your dedication and efforts with this GU community over the years...You are a great Gonzaga University fan and graduate...I am glad I got to meet you...

Go Zags!

Had cataract surgery today.
    Other eye in two weeks.

Sent via mobile device
    Reno, best of luck this week with your round two of cataract surgery...After this you may be one of the few people
    to be able to claim that you can see more clearly these days...

Quote Originally Posted by TerpZag View Post

Reno, best of luck this week with your round two of cataract surgery...After this you may be one of the few people
    to be able to claim that you can see more clearly these days...
    Thanks, Terp. At the one week post op appointment with my optometrist, I tested at 20 - 15. . .am hoping for a similar result this week.

The GUB and the scout board before it gave me an opportunity to meet some terrific GU fans. Our get together was one of the best.

Wishing you and your loved one's safe passage through the pandemic.

RZ
    Last edited by RenoZag; 07-12-2020 at 12:01 PM.

Still waiting for the admin / mod to take away my access to moderator functions.

I gave them notice three days ago. The wankers at the S-R still haven't acted on it

That should tell you all you need to know about the S-R's view of this website. They don't care if it lives or dies.

Cheers !
    Mod powers are officially kaput. I can't edit posts (including my own) after a set amount of time, delete threads, move threads, merge threads, ban users, give warnings, and so forth.

Stay safe

Default Reno's Place

Last edited by RenoZag; 07-15-2020 at 07:54 AM.

The Walgreens had a buy 1, get 1 free special on Foster Grant Readers. I’m 1.5 for now. . .Distance vision is great ! I can drive with off-the-shelf sunglasses, no need for corrective lenses at all. Will see my optometrist in a week and find out what my precise Rx is. If I can skate by with a $20 pair of readers, I’ll be a happy Zag. Have a great day.

In other news, I’ve decided to take a 100 day hiatus from Facebook

Sent via mobile device

And the GUB. See y'all 10/26/2020.

And the GUB. See y'all 10/26/2020.
    Reno, enjoy your respite...

Hopefully, we will still be here when you get back...

Have been fascinated by "The Vow" and "Lovecraft Country" on HBO these past few Sunday nights.

Hope all are safe and COVID-free.

29 107

Hello Boise

Sent via mobile device

Reno has always been my favorite poster on this board. A 184 page string of posts took a while to read but what stands out is the sheer love and respect the members of this board have for this fine man. It is touching and inspiring to know all can unite in our respect of this man. His posts are logical, well thought out and articulate to me. Reno I don't know you but this string is a testimonial of who you are.
    I am not a Gonzaga graduate, nor did I attend, but I am as devoted of a fan of GU Basketball as anybody and have been since 1998. Watching a sports legendary story be born and endure is an amazing phenomenon to witness and follow.
    I'm a Montana grad and like Grizzly football as I grew up in MIssoula. I'm now an Army Black Knight football fan too since my grandson is currently at West Point.
    Your landscaping is rich and beautiful by the way. Best to you Reno.
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

Thank you, GrizZAG. One of my best buds taught HS at Columbia Falls (he just retired) for over 30 years. All three of his children are Montana grads.

Congrats to your grandson for joining The Long Gray Line.

Reno, I quit facebook in November of 2015 and haven't looked back. I had gotten really sucked in to it and it's amazing how much my life has improved, especially my overall anxiety. Holy crap I can't imagine having gone through the 2016 election cycle and still be participating in that madness. It was bad enough as it was.
    Thanks for being an integral part of the board here. Sorry to hear it's not receiving the attention it deserves from the current suits.
    Hope your eyeballs are good.
    I wear a helmet while internetting.

Hey, Beast ! Eyeballs are pretty darn good for golf and driving. Still getting by with CVS cheater readers for books and computer stuff. Am counting down the days until we can watch the Zags play a real game. I have my doubts about March Madness 2021 but I'm not going to lose any sleep over something out of my control. . .stay safe out there.

Reno, how is the neighborhood? Hope you are staying safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Thanks for asking, kitz. I'm many miles from the wildfire. The 70 MPH winds last night took care of the rake leafing chore on my "to do" list. Haven't ventured out yet to inspect the roof. . .still raining here (thankfully)

Winds have died down for the most part.

Washoe County is turning into a terrible COVID hotspot so I'm laying low. The largest hospital in the area converted parking garage space into COVID wards (1600 beds worth) last Spring. Unfortunately, they are now starting to use those beds, according to an article in the local newspaper yesterday.
    Last edited by RenoZag; 11-18-2020 at 10:57 AM.

Thanks for asking, kitz. I'm many miles from the wildfire. The 70 MPH winds last night took care of the rake leafing chore on my "to do" list. Haven't ventured out yet to inspect the roof. . .still raining here (thankfully)

Winds have died down for the most part.

Washoe County is turning into a terrible COVD hotspot so I'm laying low. The largest hospital in the area converted parking garage space into COVID wards (1600 beds worth) last Spring. Unfortunately, they are now starting to use those beds, according to an article in the local newspaper yesterday.
    I didn't even realize there were currently wildfires in Nevada. Stay safe and I hope the curve starts to flatten in your area soon. We're having a big uptick in cases too, our district decided to go back to full virtual today through early December, no doubt it's for the best.