Page 172 of 185 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,300 of 4605

Thread: Reno's Place

Our neighbors moved in a couple of years ago and among many, many grievances they leave their dog unattended and unleashed, so it comes into our yard and craps with reckless abandon. It's really irritating and has led to frustrated exchanges and no corrective action.

These neighbors got a new puppy recently and within a week their oldest boy - a hell-raising 12-year-old (seriously, like peeking in the windows, trashing our gardens, more) - took the puppy to my wife's blueberry bushes and encouraged the dog to crap on them. I ran out the door as fast as I could, but the droppings had been dropped and the smirking jerk was heading up the street.

I've now become the get-off-my-lawn guy, and I HATE that role! Just not my style. But man! Are you kidding me?

Also, did you know that if you sprinkle habanero flakes around your gardens, neighborhood dogs are way less interested? Costco has large containers for cheap. Unfortunately this tactic does nothing for keeping young hellions away.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

I had a psychotic neighbor once but handled him in 2 easy steps:

1. Buried him in HIS back yard.
    2. Moved out of state.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by TheZagPhish View Post
    Our neighbors moved in a couple of years ago and among many, many grievances they leave their dog unattended and unleashed, so it comes into our yard and craps with reckless abandon. It's really irritating and has led to frustrated exchanges and no corrective action.

These neighbors got a new puppy recently and within a week their oldest boy - a hell-raising 12-year-old (seriously, like peeking in the windows, trashing our gardens, more) - took the puppy to my wife's blueberry bushes and encouraged the dog to crap on them. I ran out the door as fast as I could, but the droppings had been dropped and the smirking jerk was heading up the street.

I've now become the get-off-my-lawn guy, and I HATE that role! Just not my style. But man! Are you kidding me?

Also, did you know that if you sprinkle habanero flakes around your gardens, neighborhood dogs are way less interested? Costco has large containers for cheap. Unfortunately this tactic does nothing for keeping young hellions away.
    OMG, we have a lady on our street who will walk her dog through our yard and our flower garden, like all over, look out the window and there she is trapsing through the hostas. She never picks up after it, ever. She "welcomed" us to the neighborhood by letting it crap infront of my mom's car door a week after we moved in. I chased her down and gave her a piece of my mind, she claimed she forgot the bag, 5 years later I haven't seen her carry a bag once. Then last year Dave litterally spent all day weeding our side yard and I put down new mulch, it's a big job. The next day we find dog crap in the mulch...it's a dead end street so it's pretty obvious whose dog it was, and it wasn't from the 5 pound yorkie who lives behind us. Also, I really don't like her walking in our yard because we have a lot of ruts and any time I've spoken to her I feel like she's pretty tipsy, slurring words and such, so I'd prefer not to have her break something in my yard, I don't want to deal with an ambulance or home owners insurance.

I can relate to what you guys are saying.

1) Couple of weeks ago, I had to replace one of my sprinkler heads. I went to turn on my sprinkler system and that sprinkler head was gushing water all over the place, running down the street. Found out that someone ran over it and broke the risor. I had a heck of a time trying to undo that broken risor.

2) I have two neighbors in my neighborhood that I can't stand.
    - One is my next door neighbor, who lets his three huge dogs crap right next to my fence. They don't pick up their dogs' feces, so I have an infestation of flies everywhere. I can't even go to my backyard without getting bit.
    - I went and purchased $50 of fly bags and fly sticky papers, etc. Right now, I have 4 bags filled to the top with nasty flies and more are breeding! It is so bad that I don't even want to go to my backyard anymore!
    - The other neighbor I hate lives two houses from me... She lets out her two dogs lose every day in the afternoon to go crap on some else's yard.
    I can hear her everyday, yelling at her dogs to come back home: I swear she sounds like an old toothless hag, and she is loud: She yells: (her dogs' name) and says: "God Damn it, get your ####ing ass back here, right now, don't make come and get you guys!"

Sigh, then, they wonder why I am so unfriendly and don't want to even look at them!

God, if there is any justice in this world, please let these meth heads move to another neighborhood!!!

Token Independence Day weekend post. I still might take the 3rd off, but as of now, I have to go to work tomorrow.

Be careful out there.

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Instead of email from Nigerian princes offering me cash, I'm getting spam from Russian women offering to get me elected.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Instead of email from Nigerian princes offering me cash, I'm getting spam from Russian women offering to get me elected.
    Could they be Asian and get their 'L's and 'R's mixed up?
    It's not funny.

It's possible.

+1
    "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
    "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
    I am monitoring the price of a donut

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Could they be Asian and get their 'L's and 'R's mixed up?
    Probably leave it up to you, whichever you prefer.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Hello, Mississauga

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After my last trip to Twin Lakes, I took a hard look at getting a "summer place" there. It didn't come to pass. Have decided to see what happens between now and my retirement target date ( 6/30/2020 ) before I take a plunge like that.

Fun to daydream. . .

My kid is moving out to a rental situation with two others. It has been kind of fun having her back under the same roof for a few months. ( Since early July )

My heart weeps for the victims and their loved ones in Vegas . . .

A very bad day.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Anybody drinking yet?

(Checks watch)
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Quote Originally Posted by TheZagPhish View Post
    Anybody drinking yet?

(Checks watch)
    Happened to be on vacation today. Poured a stiff one when I learned of the passing of Tom Petty. . .the other news from Nevada was reason enough to grab an adult beverage. The Petty news flash pushed me over the edge.

Bad craziness.

I seriously picked the wrong year to quit drinking. Good grief. The vegas shooting is just fuggin terrible. I can't even imagine being there.
    Also, losing petty feels like losing a member of the family. Musician/celebrity deaths usually don't hit me too hard except on a a basic human level... but Runnin' Down a Dream is the first song I remember hearing on the radio as a kid. My brother and I both loved his albums, which is a rarity. I spent the whole day playing the wildflowers album on repeat.
    Reno, is your daughter out of school already? Have I lost track of time that much? Hope ya'll are doing well. I just moved down to Salem and I'm looking for a job. Personally speaking, things are otherwise very good for me these days.
    When does basketball start?
    I wear a helmet while internetting.

Default We have a Beast sighting !

Daughter is 24, has a full-time job, and after a brief return to my home, is moving to a house with other roommates. It has been great, for the most part, having her home again but she really needs to be out on her own, with her stuff, her dog, and her early 20's lifestyle. I'm usually in bed by 9:30. Her work hours are so different from mine it isn't fair that she has to conform to my "quiet hours" by having to shut her bedroom door and staying cooped up. . .

Glad to hear you're faring well, Beasto. I'm currently thinking I will retire in June 2020, but one never knows. Best laid plans have a way of getting shredded by life its ownself.

I had tickets to see Bob Seger in Seattle on 11/11 and just yesterday, Seger had to call a halt to his current tour due to health issues (bad back). The event would have been attended by seven other members of my GU graduating class-- 1979-- and would have also served as an early birthday celebration for your's truly. On 11/22 I will be 60.

So it goes. Hope Salem works out for you. Thanks for staying in touch

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
    I just moved down to Salem and I'm looking for a job. Personally speaking, things are otherwise very good for me these days.
    Nice to see you, Beast! Glad things are rockin'.

Sunny but cold Saturday morning. Working on the "to do" list, coordinating laundry loads around errands that need running. Nice Fall day to be on the right side of the dirt.

Sunny but cold Saturday morning. Working on the "to do" list, coordinating laundry loads around errands that need running. Nice Fall day to be on the right side of the dirt.
    I always do that with laundry, just because my machine has to work doesn't mean I need to be at home. It's near 80 today, not really feeling the Fall weather this year. We're heading to a soccer game tonight (the boys got tickets to it for summer reading).

I have another sunny day to look forward to before the next precipitation hits. Gutters to clean, leaves to rake, laundry to muster. Sounds like a typical Sunday.

So far 60 feels pretty much like 59. . .more later

Happy Birthday Reno!!!