Thread: Rare Interview John Stockton on Dan Patrick Show

Default Rare Interview John Stockton on Dan Patrick Show

Do not know if this was posted but good interview with John on The Dan Patrick Show

Wow. That was a totally awesome interview. Thanks for sharing!
    20 Straight Big Dances

10 Straight Round of 32s

9 Sweet Sixteens

3 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2017 NATIONAL RUNNER UP

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

What a great interview. The depth of John's personality really shines through. We are so fortunate to have him as an alum!
    Go Zags!!!

He is such a nice guy. I've run into him on occasion and he's always polite and gracious.

I read his autobiography just about 2 weeks ago. You can see his competitive nature way back when he was a child. To have him stay near his roots, and stay close with the people he was close to even back when he was in 6th grade, is amazing. The stories he shares about his childhood and all the trouble he got into is really quite amusing. And his frugalness and business savvy has allowed him to do what he wants the rest of his life, even without the huge multimillion dollar contracts like today.

We are lucky he has remained in Spokane and still associates with the Gonzaga community.

That was super fun! Thanks!

Great interview--thank you for sharing.

That was great!

Made my day. Thanks.

thanks Van

Frankly I found the interview very boring. All it did was confirm what we already knew: namely, that John Stockton is one of the classiest, most modest and thoughtful people to ever put on an athletic uniform of any kind. :-)

Thanks for posting
    "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Quote Originally Posted by tyra View Post
    Frankly I found the interview very boring. All it did was confirm what we already knew: namely, that John Stockton is one of the classiest, most modest and thoughtful people to ever put on an athletic uniform of any kind. :-)
    First Off...THANKS for posting this interview!

Well Tyra, John is all that you said he is and a FANTASTIC FATHER too! Having never met any of the Stocktons, I would bet it is pretty safe to say, that David is just like his father and as John stated, you are measured by your children!

That is the first time I listened to him speak and was saddened when the interview was over...only 12 minutes...it could of been 12 hours...

I loved my father but wonder how much differently I would of turned out had I been raised in his home...no doubt I'd be at least 6'5" and have incredible court vision and still be playing in the NBA today at age 64 and a Nobel Prize winner!

Also, there is no doubt in my mind that Jordan did indeed push-off and should of been called for the offensive foul...IMO
    Last edited by Bkzag; 07-04-2014 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Memory
    The virtue I desire most is Humility and just when I think it's achieved, I have lost it.

This is usually where a certain "fan" posts about how terrible the questions were or something negative in nature-- I know it has to be killing him to hold out the negative post---but we appreciate it.

Let's keep this one positive ---John has earned it.

Go Zags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basketball Web Sites Listing

“ We tend to forget in times of reversal that life without risk is endless rehearsal.” -- Fran J. Polek

My goodness, that looks like it's from the 50s not the 80s... or else my memory is worse than I thought! Thanks for sharing it, Reno... cool picture.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    [IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180604

/fe54870012346e4dd5b304b18679deb4.jpg[/IMG]

“When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by Radbooks View Post
    My goodness, that looks like it's from the 50s not the 80s... or else my memory is worse than I thought! Thanks for sharing it, Reno... cool picture.
    Local artist just did a limited print run of those, Rad. My significant other snagged one for me

Basketball Web Sites Listing

“ We tend to forget in times of reversal that life without risk is endless rehearsal.” -- Fran J. Polek

THANKS for providing this excellent interview...I wonder who was sending Patrick those questions...

As per JS...Jordan pushed off the same way that Lebron pushes off today...and it still isn't called today BUT NBA "Moneymakers" get the calls...

Funny though, I don't remember Jerry West of other bankable stars getting calls like they do today!