Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: David Stockton working out for Jazz

Default David Stockton working out for Jazz

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...zz.html?pg=all

A day after working out a few guys with familiar names to local college fans, the Utah Jazz are bringing in a high-profile player whose name might be heard when the team picks fifth in the June 26 draft.

Arizona forward Aaron Gordon, No. 8 on ESPN writer Chad Ford's Top 100 board, will be the first projected lottery athlete to participate in a pre-draft workout in Utah this year. First-round prospects Adreian Payne (Michigan) and Jerami Grant (Syracuse), and Gonzaga point guard David Stockton are other recognizable names among the nine who’ll go in two sessions following the introductory press conference of new coach Quin Snyder.

More at the link.

ZaGranny
    Formerly ID ZAGFAN--now officially ZaGranny.

Quote Originally Posted by ZaGranny View Post
    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...zz.html?pg=all

A day after working out a few guys with familiar names to local college fans, the Utah Jazz are bringing in a high-profile player whose name might be heard when the team picks fifth in the June 26 draft.

Arizona forward Aaron Gordon, No. 8 on ESPN writer Chad Ford's Top 100 board, will be the first projected lottery athlete to participate in a pre-draft workout in Utah this year. First-round prospects Adreian Payne (Michigan) and Jerami Grant (Syracuse), and Gonzaga point guard David Stockton are other recognizable names among the nine who’ll go in two sessions following the introductory press conference of new coach Quin Snyder.

More at the link.

ZaGranny
    Thanks for the link. Happy for David!

David Stockton Pre-Draft Workout 6.7.14

David Stockton talks about working out for the Jazz prior to the 2014 draft:

http://www.nba.com/jazz/video/2014/0...14mov-3295073/

Thanks lee.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

While I am surprised, I always thought that David had something engrained in his genetics that precluded him to be a great point guard. I am not sure what that something is but I know it is there.

To add in for the 1000th time here at GUBoards, David has the IQ and offensive PG skill to play in the NBA, but his size and defense are concerns.
    “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

NBA respect for John requires that David be given the enjoyable experience and exposure to pre-draft review.

Quote Originally Posted by Oregonzagnut View Post
    While I am surprised, I always thought that David had something engrained in his genetics that precluded him to be a great point guard. I am not sure what that something is but I know it is there.

To add in for the 1000th time here at GUBoards, David has the IQ and offensive PG skill to play in the NBA, but his size and defense are concerns.
    OZN, all due respect but I think his "size and defense," among other attributes, pretty much "preclude" him from ever playing in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by ZAGLAWQB View Post
    NBA respect for John requires that David be given the enjoyable experience and exposure to pre-draft review.
    I'm not sure what that sentence means. Who is doing the respecting? The NBA? Who is doing the requiring? Who is being required ?

Quote Originally Posted by B Wayne View Post
    I'm not sure what that sentence means. Who is doing the respecting? The NBA? Who is doing the requiring? Who is being required ?
    Lmao. Take a look at the sentence in the prior post. DS continues to produce paroxysms in a handful of true believers on this board.

What does it take for some posters here to give David Stockton some respect for what he has achieved?
    If you want to be happy tomorrow, think good thoughts today--Bud Fisher
    I'm just dancing my way through life.

Quote Originally Posted by zag buddy View Post
    What does it take for some posters here to give David Stockton some respect for what he has achieved?
    A lot of us here have given him all the credit he has earned. What would it take for some posters to ask for more more and more?

Quote Originally Posted by zag buddy View Post
    I like him, and enjoy watching him play. I will miss him being on our team next year, and I wish him the best of success for the future. I would love to see an NBA team pick him up.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by wnczagfan View Post
    I like him, and enjoy watching him play. I will miss him being on our team next year, and I wish him the best of success for the future. I would love to see an NBA team pick him up.

Cheers!

Along with world peace, a vibrant economy, racial and gender equality, and a cure for every major disease.

NBA teams aren't going to invite any and all son's of former NBA stars just for nostalgia or "to be nice". David's skills are worth the effort to see if he can make it on a squad. Any remote chance and the Jazz need to test him out. While we can't discount his name, we also can't discount his skills and IQ. There is likely a lot of added interest for the Jazz in Utah just by inviting Stocktons's son. Heck, we are interested.

Name recognition means a lot to any franchise and Stockton is as big a name as it gets in Salt Lake City. Outside Smith and Young of course.
    “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Along with world peace, a vibrant economy, racial and gender equality, and a cure for every major disease.
    Now I get it. After reading the subject header I thought David was just north of San Diego and that we were going to get a first hand report. Color me disappointed.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bcYppAs6ZdI

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/fo...tockton-story/

"Following a Legend: The David Stockton Story"

While I am surprised, I always thought that David had something engrained in his genetics that precluded him to be a great point guard
    Preclude: prevent from happening; make impossible.

[QUOTE=GoZags;1020649]Now I get it. After reading the subject header I thought David was just north of San Diego and that we were going to get a first hand report. Color me disappointed.

Fixed it.

It'd be a short workout but I'm sure a delightful convo with a great young man.

Jazz your left handed compliments suck
    If you want to be happy tomorrow, think good thoughts today--Bud Fisher
    I'm just dancing my way through life.

I don't think he has the skills to be considered for an NBA player on the floor. But the jersey sales would be higher than anyone else they draft that year. NBA is a business. He will be signed!
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

Poor DS. Forever a lightning rod.
    "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Quote Originally Posted by exclusivelee View Post
    http://www.basketballinsiders.com/fo...tockton-story/

"Following a Legend: The David Stockton Story"
    got playing time for his D? He got playing time because he could deliver the ball like Meech couldn't even dream of.

If Jazz really doesn't think that DS belongs in the league, then why must he keep repeating and beating a dead horse? Well that's what Jazz is here for!
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Michael Stockton also got a try out with the Jazz and has had a spot on the summer league team in past years.....
    NBA teams aren't going to invite any and all son's of former NBA stars just for nostalgia or "to be nice". David's skills are worth the effort to see if he can make it on a squad. Any remote chance and the Jazz need to test him out. While we can't discount his name, we also can't discount his skills and IQ. There is likely a lot of added interest for the Jazz in Utah just by inviting Stocktons's son. Heck, we are interested.

Name recognition means a lot to any franchise and Stockton is as big a name as it gets in Salt Lake City. Outside Smith and Young of course.