Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 48

Thread: David Stockton working out for Jazz

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    4,775

    Default David Stockton working out for Jazz

    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...zz.html?pg=all

    A day after working out a few guys with familiar names to local college fans, the Utah Jazz are bringing in a high-profile player whose name might be heard when the team picks fifth in the June 26 draft.

    Arizona forward Aaron Gordon, No. 8 on ESPN writer Chad Ford's Top 100 board, will be the first projected lottery athlete to participate in a pre-draft workout in Utah this year. First-round prospects Adreian Payne (Michigan) and Jerami Grant (Syracuse), and Gonzaga point guard David Stockton are other recognizable names among the nine who’ll go in two sessions following the introductory press conference of new coach Quin Snyder.

    More at the link.

    ZaGranny
    Formerly ID ZAGFAN--now officially ZaGranny.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Western North Carolina
    Posts
    488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZaGranny View Post
    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...zz.html?pg=all

    A day after working out a few guys with familiar names to local college fans, the Utah Jazz are bringing in a high-profile player whose name might be heard when the team picks fifth in the June 26 draft.

    Arizona forward Aaron Gordon, No. 8 on ESPN writer Chad Ford's Top 100 board, will be the first projected lottery athlete to participate in a pre-draft workout in Utah this year. First-round prospects Adreian Payne (Michigan) and Jerami Grant (Syracuse), and Gonzaga point guard David Stockton are other recognizable names among the nine who’ll go in two sessions following the introductory press conference of new coach Quin Snyder.

    More at the link.

    ZaGranny
    Thanks for the link. Happy for David!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10,848

    Default

    David Stockton Pre-Draft Workout 6.7.14

    David Stockton talks about working out for the Jazz prior to the 2014 draft:

    http://www.nba.com/jazz/video/2014/0...14mov-3295073/


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    14,432

    Default

    Thanks lee.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    4,079

    Default

    While I am surprised, I always thought that David had something engrained in his genetics that precluded him to be a great point guard. I am not sure what that something is but I know it is there.

    To add in for the 1000th time here at GUBoards, David has the IQ and offensive PG skill to play in the NBA, but his size and defense are concerns.
    “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    217

    Default

    NBA respect for John requires that David be given the enjoyable experience and exposure to pre-draft review.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oregonzagnut View Post
    While I am surprised, I always thought that David had something engrained in his genetics that precluded him to be a great point guard. I am not sure what that something is but I know it is there.

    To add in for the 1000th time here at GUBoards, David has the IQ and offensive PG skill to play in the NBA, but his size and defense are concerns.
    OZN, all due respect but I think his "size and defense," among other attributes, pretty much "preclude" him from ever playing in the league.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZAGLAWQB View Post
    NBA respect for John requires that David be given the enjoyable experience and exposure to pre-draft review.
    I'm not sure what that sentence means. Who is doing the respecting? The NBA? Who is doing the requiring? Who is being required ?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B Wayne View Post
    I'm not sure what that sentence means. Who is doing the respecting? The NBA? Who is doing the requiring? Who is being required ?
    Lmao. Take a look at the sentence in the prior post. DS continues to produce paroxysms in a handful of true believers on this board.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,481

    Default

    What does it take for some posters here to give David Stockton some respect for what he has achieved?
    If you want to be happy tomorrow, think good thoughts today--Bud Fisher
    I'm just dancing my way through life.

    .

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zag buddy View Post
    What does it take for some posters here to give David Stockton some respect for what he has achieved?
    A lot of us here have given him all the credit he has earned. What would it take for some posters to ask for more more and more?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Western North Carolina
    Posts
    488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zag buddy View Post
    What does it take for some posters here to give David Stockton some respect for what he has achieved?
    I like him, and enjoy watching him play. I will miss him being on our team next year, and I wish him the best of success for the future. I would love to see an NBA team pick him up.

    Cheers!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wnczagfan View Post
    I like him, and enjoy watching him play. I will miss him being on our team next year, and I wish him the best of success for the future. I would love to see an NBA team pick him up.

    Cheers!


    Along with world peace, a vibrant economy, racial and gender equality, and a cure for every major disease.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    4,079

    Default

    NBA teams aren't going to invite any and all son's of former NBA stars just for nostalgia or "to be nice". David's skills are worth the effort to see if he can make it on a squad. Any remote chance and the Jazz need to test him out. While we can't discount his name, we also can't discount his skills and IQ. There is likely a lot of added interest for the Jazz in Utah just by inviting Stocktons's son. Heck, we are interested.

    Name recognition means a lot to any franchise and Stockton is as big a name as it gets in Salt Lake City. Outside Smith and Young of course.
    “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    University Place, WA (aka Chambers Bay)
    Posts
    5,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Along with world peace, a vibrant economy, racial and gender equality, and a cure for every major disease.
    Now I get it. After reading the subject header I thought David was just north of San Diego and that we were going to get a first hand report. Color me disappointed.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bcYppAs6ZdI

    "To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10,848

    Default

    http://www.basketballinsiders.com/fo...tockton-story/

    "Following a Legend: The David Stockton Story"

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oregonzagnut View Post
    While I am surprised, I always thought that David had something engrained in his genetics that precluded him to be a great point guard
    Preclude: prevent from happening; make impossible.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    San Diego, Ca.
    Posts
    7,566

    Default

    [QUOTE=GoZags;1020649]Now I get it. After reading the subject header I thought David was just north of San Diego and that we were going to get a first hand report. Color me disappointed.


    Fixed it.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,294

    Default

    It'd be a short workout but I'm sure a delightful convo with a great young man.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,481

    Default

    Jazz your left handed compliments suck
    If you want to be happy tomorrow, think good thoughts today--Bud Fisher
    I'm just dancing my way through life.

    .

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,517

    Default

    I don't think he has the skills to be considered for an NBA player on the floor. But the jersey sales would be higher than anyone else they draft that year. NBA is a business. He will be signed!
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6,850

    Default

    Poor DS. Forever a lightning rod.
    "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by exclusivelee View Post
    http://www.basketballinsiders.com/fo...tockton-story/

    "Following a Legend: The David Stockton Story"
    got playing time for his D? He got playing time because he could deliver the ball like Meech couldn't even dream of.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    9,311

    Default

    If Jazz really doesn't think that DS belongs in the league, then why must he keep repeating and beating a dead horse? Well that's what Jazz is here for!
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

    11 Straight Round of 32s

    10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

    4 Elite Eights

    2017 FINAL FOUR

    2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

    The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Michael Stockton also got a try out with the Jazz and has had a spot on the summer league team in past years.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Oregonzagnut View Post
    NBA teams aren't going to invite any and all son's of former NBA stars just for nostalgia or "to be nice". David's skills are worth the effort to see if he can make it on a squad. Any remote chance and the Jazz need to test him out. While we can't discount his name, we also can't discount his skills and IQ. There is likely a lot of added interest for the Jazz in Utah just by inviting Stocktons's son. Heck, we are interested.

    Name recognition means a lot to any franchise and Stockton is as big a name as it gets in Salt Lake City. Outside Smith and Young of course.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •