Thread: Who's Your Favorite NFL Team ?

Default Who's Your Favorite NFL Team ?

Hard to believe another NFL season kicks off this weekend. . .

Just as the baseball teams of our youth tend to be the teams we follow the rest of our lives, I think we "adopt" a favorite team early on also.

Lamonica, Stabler, Plunkett, Biletnikoff, Marv Hubbard, Hewritt Dixon, Phil Villapiano, Ben Davidson, Willie Brown, Ray Guy, Pete Banazak, Cliff Branch, Dave Casper, John Madden. . .

He who won't be named here has really screwed 'em up since he decided to do the LA excursion.

Who's your favorite ?

Basketball Web Sites Listing

"The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson

Same deal....picked a team when i was 12 or maybe younger. Haven't given up on them yet

Go Zags!!! Just Foo'in around.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Hard to believe another NFL season kicks off this weekend. . .

Just as the baseball teams of our youth tend to be the teams we follow the rest of our lives, I think we "adopt" a favorite team early on also.

Lamonica, Stabler, Plunkett, Biletnikoff, Marv Hubbard, Hewritt Dixon, Phil Villapiano, Ben Davidson, Willie Brown, Ray Guy, Pete Banazak, Cliff Branch, Dave Casper, John Madden. . .

He who won't be named here has really screwed 'em up since he decided to do the LA excursion.

Who's your favorite ?
    Still a Raiders fan. I grew up during the golden years. I still get physically ill every time they replay the "Immaculate Reception" on TV.

It would be great if the Cowboys returned to glory. I live about 1/2 mile from the Cowboys complex. The rise in property values directly correlates to the success of the Cowboys from year to year. Last five years, the appraised value of my house hasn't budged (market value's up 25%, though, due to a nearby subdivision building $350K houses on 5000 SF lots).

The big selling point for the past five years has been the Cowboys: Coppell, not Dallas. It's been a National Blue Ribbon School District just about every year for the past 10 years, and the music program is one of the best in the nation.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE...

Just look at my sig.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by Rubbadub View Post
    Same deal....picked a team when i was 12 or maybe younger. Haven't given up on them yet

who are the "red Xs"?
    youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Lothar went local with his fav as a child -

First memories are of the 83 season. (I think that's when my hippie parents finally got a tv)

Although I do seen to have some hazy memories of Zorn - who stopped being "the QB" in 82, so who knows...
    youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

I pulled for the Seahawks (and still do!) as a kid when Dave Krieg was helping out Steve Largent by making him have to make spectacular catches all the time.

I figured since I was routing for the worst team on the west coast at the time, I would root for the worst team on the east coast, too.

'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

I liked the Bears when I was a kid. I like Gary Fencick as I also played SS for my high school team. For some reason, I've started to lose interest in general in pro sports as an adult. I can't remember the last time I watched a whole pro football game, not even the Super Bowl....

I grew up in Michigan, so naturally I watch college football since it wasn't like there was a real pro team in Detroit.

So when I moved to Spokane, I was ripe for picking a favorite NFL team. The Seahawks were just starting to emerge at that time. I've been hooked ever since.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

Gotta love Green Bay...still a people's team, no multi-billion dollar stadiums with stinky artificial turf. Fans own the team and drink lots of hot chocolate in the stands.

Then there is that perennial bridesmaid, Minnesota Vikings. They seem to often get close.

Sometimes I pay attention to the Seahawks, as a taxpayer, I'm a little tired of paying for their new stadium and all of the upkeep thereof. But Alexander sure is a cutie.

Even though my interest in the NFL has signifcantly decreased in the past few years, I still consider myself a Denver Broncos fan. John Elway will always be my football god!!!

Speaking as a die-hard Seahawk fan... John Elway is the Antichrist. Of course if Mr. Elway had been a Seahawk I my outlook would be vastly different.

Da Bears!

Default The "Dawg Pound beckons!!

The Cleveland Browns without a doubt,the Orange & Brown will gut it out! And Brady Quinn will be the man, to take us to the promised Land!!
    [/QUOTE]“Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team.”
    ― Scottie Pippen

Quote Originally Posted by RandomZagFan View Post
    Even though my interest in the NFL has signifcantly decreased in the past few years, I still consider myself a Denver Broncos fan. John Elway will always be my football god!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Speaking as a die-hard Seahawk fan... John Elway is the Antichrist. Of course if Mr. Elway had been a Seahawk I my outlook would be vastly different.
    I used to work with a gal who was a die-hard Seahawk fan, she used to refer to Elway as "Fishlips". I used to tease her saying she secretly had a poster of Elway hanging in her house.

Never really had a favorite NFL team, just certain teams I would watch and want to win. 49ers, Seahawks, Fins, Rams. But more importantly there were teams I hated with a passion and would root for them to not only loose but to be humiliated. Raiders, Skins, Steelers, and mostly the Cowgirls!!
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world.
    Those who understand binary and those who do not.
    "Only a madman or an economist thinks exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world."

Func FOO

E .· ` ' / ·. F
    The FOO fuels me.

Quote Originally Posted by a13coach View Post
    I used to work with a gal who was a die-hard Seahawk fan, she used to refer to Elway as "Fishlips". I used to tease her saying she secretly had a poster of Elway hanging in her house.
    Fishlips eh? I always assumed Elway took the most abuse for his horseteeth!

Default Packers

Born in Madison, and faithfully visit Lambeau once a year as my cousin has season tickets. What a rush , but the ole Pack isn't what they used to be.