Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meech just got drafted

Default Meech just got drafted

Goodson got drafted at number 197 by Green Bay. Congrats and good luck into the future.

Default OT Demetri Goodson

Just selected in the sixth round by Green Bay Packers!

Default Demetri Goodson has been drafted.

Demetri Goodson was picked by the Green Bay Packers in the 6th round. Pick #197

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/drafttracker
    Last edited by ZagaZags; 05-10-2014 at 02:26 PM.
    Let's go Brandon!!!

4.52 40-yard. He showed that speed in the Rose Garden...

I LOVE it! Green Bay and Gonzaga are the ONLY two teams that I follow. This is so awesome. He probably won't see too much of the field this season as they have 4 corners ahead of him, but he might do something on special teams. Good for him!

I wish him the best of luck. He is a bit small, but his speed and attitude will easily make up that difference. Green Bay is a harsh place for a Southern boy.
    "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you can never know if they are genuine"---Abraham Lincoln.

Default very cool and extremely impressive

Quote Originally Posted by NEC26 View Post
    Just selected in the sixth round by Green Bay Packers!
    very cool and extremely impressive. Man that decision to transfer and play a different sport was a great decision by him. Go earn a roster spot now young man. I will be rooting for you

very cool and extremely impressive. Man that decision to transfer and play a different sport was a great decision by him. Go earn a roster spot now young man. I will be rooting for you

Cool

Very cool and two-thirds.

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Green Bay doesn't make excuses. Zags have tradition. Zags have talent. Best fans in the world. Let's learn from the Pack. Can Mark Few make this Title Town? Or are we always going to hear how he does more with less.

I'm a Vikings fan so I hope Meech has 14 great games a year
    Think Big. No think Bigger than that!

Demetri Goodson and Tony Canadeo. Kinda cool.
    “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

Quote Originally Posted by MTZag03 View Post
    I LOVE it! Green Bay and Gonzaga are the ONLY two teams that I follow. This is so awesome. He probably won't see too much of the field this season as they have 4 corners ahead of him, but he might do something on special teams. Good for him!
    Me too! Perfect! Will enjoy watching his progress. Canadeo wore 3 at GB. DG will need a new number!!
    Gonzaga Basketball
    Exhibiting Character Since 1907

Quote Originally Posted by Baseline View Post
    I wish him the best of luck. He is a bit small, but his speed and attitude will easily make up that difference. Green Bay is a harsh place for a Southern boy.
    That isn't true, the fans wholeheartedly supported Johnny Jolly when he had his problems, was one of the first teams to embrace African-Americans, and continues to do the little things to make Green Bay a destinationspot for players who want to win. Meech will be fine. He will end up on the practice squad, get coached up and have a 5-6 year career.

Quote Originally Posted by wiszag View Post
    That isn't true, the fans wholeheartedly supported Johnny Jolly when he had his problems, was one of the first teams to embrace African-Americans, and continues to do the little things to make Green Bay a destinationspot for players who want to win. Meech will be fine. He will end up on the practice squad, get coached up and have a 5-6 year career.
    Thought this was supposed to be more of a commentary on the weather than anything else but maybe not. Either way, this shareholder is excited!

Congratulations, Meech!

Go Zags!

Another Packer fan (sorry, the Hawks are number 2 at my house). Great article on Meech at the in the Milwaukee Sentinal. Starts out with his Gonzaga background and talks about how he shifted from basketball to football. And how the basketball background helps him. Hopefully the link works, but it's at JSONLINE in the sports / packers section if it doesn't.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...258785881.html

Congrats Meech!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lewey View Post
    Another Packer fan (sorry, the Hawks are number 2 at my house). Great article on Meech at the in the Milwaukee Sentinal. Starts out with his Gonzaga background and talks about how he shifted from basketball to football. And how the basketball background helps him. Hopefully the link works, but it's at JSONLINE in the sports / packers section if it doesn't.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...258785881.html
    This is an excellent article, thanks for sharing.

Congrats to Meech on his hard work and dedication really paying off. Hope he tears it up out there.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Love Meech. Hope he makes the Packers roster. Will be rooting for him except against the Seahawks.
    "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Congrats to Meech! It's good to see that he didn't just hang his head, but rather took the opportunity and ran with it. Wish him the best of luck

Congrats Meech & best of luck.
    But we don't play nobody.

You people are way too nice. 24th post and nobody has called for him to be benched yet.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

Quote Originally Posted by Oregonzagnut View Post
    Demetri Goodson and Tony Canadeo. Kinda cool.
    Tall order for Meech. The last Zag to play for Green Bay made the Hall of Fame...
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time