Thread: Welcome Kacie!

Default Welcome Kacie!

http://www.gozags.com/ViewArticle.db...B_OEM_ID=26400

Hmm. Wonder if this means we are loosing a recruit?
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world.
    Those who understand binary and those who do not.
    "Only a madman or an economist thinks exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world."

Func FOO

E .· ` ' / ·. F
    The FOO fuels me.

Quote Originally Posted by a13coach View Post
    http://www.gozags.com/ViewArticle.db...B_OEM_ID=26400

Hmm. Wonder if this means we are loosing a recruit?
    Nope. This one has been in the works for sometime.
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo Roncalli View Post
    Good to hear. Are the Euro's still coming?
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world.
    Those who understand binary and those who do not.
    "Only a madman or an economist thinks exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world."

Func FOO

E .· ` ' / ·. F
    The FOO fuels me.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo Roncalli View Post

thx Angelo.....you and Bobzag are the closest thing we have to a deep throat....not that we want THAT.....lol

Welcome Kacie....love those Canadians....

Welcome Kacie, great to have you as a Zag!

Yes! Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by sylean View Post
    thx Angelo.....you and Bobzag are the closest thing we have to a deep throat....not that we want THAT.....lol

Welcome Kacie....love those Canadians....
    Deep Throat? That's not so bad. Having a degree from UI, I consider Mark Felt to be a hero.
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Here is a link to a nice 10 minute video "all about Kacie Bosch". Cavebear33 gave me a heads up on this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k11yEv4tBRw

Love the red hair. Also, I see she knows how to properly say ki-yote instead of ki-yoe-tee. In spite of Wile, some of us know what the proper pronunciation should be if you were raised in the Northwest back in the day. Save the ki-yoe-tee for Arizona, Acme, and the Roadrunner. I'm already a fan.

Love the red hair too, CB. My father had red hair the color (or I should say colour) of hers. We haven't had red hair like that on the team since....... well,... since Maria Hassett, I think.

Anyway,..... aside from that,..... what the team is gaining is a lady that has an absolutley delightful and witty personality. All you need to do is browse the "internets" and it doesn't take long to realize that she is one delightlful person. For example, these two postings, taken from one of the many electronic communication forums available to the public in general today.......

Poster: You have red hair?
    Kacie: It is, but in some lighting it looks blonde! Like, this photo of me was taken last week and my hair is more blonde than red.

Or this posting.......

Poster: You look like Merida from brave.
    Kacie: WHAT?! Since when?! Why hasn't anyone mentioned this to me before?!?

An absolute delight, she is. She makes me laugh. Hope I get to meet her in person at a game some day.

Great skill set on "O" shoots with either hand. Looks up court for teammates, IMO those passes are better than any Las Zagas not named Sloot in the last decade. If her "D" is on par what a find. Good hops too! What I love the most is she gets it, the old coach is gone but the program is going to move forward and she wants to be part of it. Glad to have you on board young lady.

Go!! Las Zagas!!!

I am guessing that a board lurker who lives in Lethbridge had a hand in letting the staff know about this young lady long before any other D1 program had heard of her! He has a lot of respect for the GU women's program and the way it is run.

Another Canadian to the Zags, another Provincial MVP as well. The Canadian provincial / school system is turning out a lot of high level players and Zag fans will have the opportunity to see two in the upcoming years.

Go Emma!
    Go Kacie!

Go Zags!

Word is Kacie was first noticed at the Nike tourney in Chicago last summer by the assistants. Here is a couple of links most may have seen from last summer from Tsn. Canada's ESPN. If my math is right she is a sixteen year old in this game. She is also playing a two guard. The kid has some game.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xjc4L5n5Aeo

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s51UbnGVT2s

She does bare a resemblance to Merida. If the Zags brought in a recruit that was a dead ringer for Blake Lively, that wouldn't be a bad thing either.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyzaga View Post
    Word is Kacie was first noticed at the Nike tourney in Chicago last summer by the assistants. Here is a couple of links most may have seen from last summer from Tsn. Canada's ESPN. If my math is right she is a sixteen year old in this game. She is also playing a two guard. The kid has some game.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xjc4L5n5Aeo

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s51UbnGVT2s
    Kelly knew of Kacie earlier than that, but there was some thought that she might go volleyball as she is a high D1 level talent in that sport as well..... In the end she just loves basketball more. She will most likely play for the Canadian U18 team this summer.

One of the great highlight videos that I have seen. Yes, she has game. She will be an awesome Zag. Go Zags.

Quote Originally Posted by HRZag View Post
    One of the great highlight videos that I have seen. Yes, she has game. She will be an awesome Zag. Go Zags.
    Totally agree, HR. So much court vision,..... can drive the lane,.... and can shoot the three also!!! (Yeah, yeah, I know. Promo videos bring out the best in the player, but this video is off the charts. Remember,.... you have to really do enough good plays in a season to generate enough tape to produce the video in the first place.)

I'm sure all posters here have picked up the subtle change in 116's Post #9 video from the 4:20 mark to 5:10. Coincidence? Probably. Foretelling? Maybe. We shall see. All I know right now is that I am really looking forward to the next 4 years of Lady Zag BBall.

I don't think I have ever felt so attached to a class of incoming players as I have for this group since.... well,.... since Steven Gray and Courtney Vandersloot chose GU.

Welcome to GU, Kacie!! It's special place for special people.... like you!!

Thanks Zagineer. Went back and did notice the subtle difference. I would like to think it is foreshadowing but more likely she caught an elbow, maybe lost a tooth or cut a lip, changed the bloodied jersey and continued on. After all, she is Canadian, those hockey players are tough.

No kidding!!
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyzaga View Post
    Thanks Zagineer. Went back and did notice the subtle difference. I would like to think it is foreshadowing but more likely she caught an elbow, maybe lost a tooth or cut a lip, changed the bloodied jersey and continued on. After all, she is Canadian, those hockey players are tough.
    You're welcome, ladyzaga. I agree that foreshadowing is a better word than foretelling. I'm just an illiterate engineer, barely able to speak the English language, let alone choose the proper word. Just don't challenge me on numbers. (Numbercruncher is my idol.)

As for hockey,.... been there, done that (right wing). My mom and I had season tickets to the Spokane Flyers, Comets, Jets, or whatever their name was from the time I was in the second grade (1957-58) up until I graduated from GU in 1971. (When I was in the 4th grade, I actually got to try to shoot the puck through the mouse hole between periods. I came close, but no cigar.) And I played the game from the time I was 16 until I turned 34. I then hung up my skates for soccer cleats. That took me into my 50's and then I said, "Enough is enough, I'll just watch others play from now on."

went back and checked it out again....she is all legs and arms...quick....not afraid to shoot from anywhere....great eye for the court and passes well.......I predict she will be a fan favorite very quickly........

Agreed. Great athleticism. Jumps over others. Read somewhere she is a 100 and 200 sprinter. Played volleyball, basketball and soccer at the elite level. Also heard the Zags wanted her for volleyball as well. As posted earlier, she also seems to have a bit of fire in her and the article posted earlier makes it clear she is hear to be a Zag and does not have an eye on anywhere else. All in all, she will be fun to watch.