Thread: Game of Thrones - Season 4 Game Thread

Default Game of Thrones - Season 4 Game Thread

GoT is back in about 2.5 hours. March is over for me. Winter us coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    GoT is back in about 2.5 hours. March is over for me. Winter us coming.
    My wife has taken over the main tv to watch this show. I want to stream something else on HBOGO and HBOGO is broken because of Games of Thrones. Basically Games of Thrones has ####ed me twice.
    Bring back the OCC

Well, I started this thread, then couldn't participate, because work called just as we were watching the recap from last season. That was an epic failure on my part. I will have to wait for on demand.

We need a five star on this thread.

First time I stumbled onto this show I saw like this horribly scary 16 foot tall GIANT pounding into the frozen ground what looked like telephone poles...He was using his fist as a hammer, yikes!!

Needless to say, I am now hooked, lol!

Excited for the last season but worried it won’t be good.

It is the last season, so, it should be the best.

We just finished the 3rd season. Watching on Cyber Monday was a bad idea, I was paying too much attention to putting an online order through and was completely oblivious to the "red wedding"... husband asked me what I thought and I didn't know what he was talking about, so we had to rewatch that scene.

One more month until the last season.

I got a little antsy and bought "Fire & Blood" , the story of the Tagaryeans in Westeros. It reads much differently as it is basically a history book. It has a family tree that I have to refer to at least twice a chapter.
    So many brackets, so little time.

Quote Originally Posted by Akzag View Post
    One more month until the last season.

I got a little antsy and bought "Fire & Blood" , the story of the Tagaryeans in Westeros. It reads much differently as it is basically a history book. It has a family tree that I have to refer to at least twice a chapter.
    I bought this as well but haven't opened it yet. History book description aside is it any good?
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
    Steven Wright

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2012
    Foo Fantasy Football Last Place Champ 2013

I don't think it would do much for fans of "just" the show. If you've read the books, I think you'll get a lot more out of it.

I'm about 80% through and enjoying it. My two frustrations are 1) there is no map, so I had to bust out my Dance of Dragons as a reference. 2) keeping track of all the different names, hence the need to refer to the family tree ... But that only helps with the family.

I don't think it would do much for fans of "just" the show. If you've read the books, I think you'll get a lot more out of it.

I'm about 80% through and enjoying it. My two frustrations are 1) there is no map, so I had to bust out my Dance of Dragons as a reference. 2) keeping track of all the different names, hence the need to refer to the family tree ... But that only helps with the family.
    My husband read the books and we're about mid way through season 5 and he said there've been several big changes from the books, it'll be interesting to see the final season and how everything wraps up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    My husband read the books and we're about mid way through season 5 and he said there've been several big changes from the books, it'll be interesting to see the final season and how everything wraps up.
    Yeah, the Show combined some characters ... consolidated some story lines, and obviously after season 5 they no longer had books to base the story after as they had outpaced R.R. At this point, we are emotionally at the mercy of the Show.

There are lots of major changes from the books. As a fan of both this is fine and I'm excited for the end of the HBO series, however I feel the books will have a very different path to the end, that is if Martin ever bothers to finish the last two....
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
    Steven Wright

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2012
    Foo Fantasy Football Last Place Champ 2013

No spoilers here, as I know not everybody is caught up. But I have a question on Valyrian steel.

I think both the books and the show have been consistent here. I have at least the impression that they are very very rare, and " only a handful exist in the 7 kingdoms. "
    The ones I can think of ; Ned's got reforged into two swords , a dagger from season 1 episode 2 ends up back at Winterfell, the House Mormont sword, and the House Tarly sword.
    Four swords and a dagger. Is that it? Can you think of others? Without divulging any plots that might be involved.

I "assume" Tywin owned one, but can't confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by bullzag23 View Post
    There are lots of major changes from the books. As a fan of both this is fine and I'm excited for the end of the HBO series, however I feel the books will have a very different path to the end, that is if Martin ever bothers to finish the last two....
    One of the most "intriguing" book characters for me was Doran (?) Martell. The Show just blew him off.

No spoilers here, as I know not everybody is caught up. But I have a question on Valyrian steel.

I think both the books and the show have been consistent here. I have at least the impression that they are very very rare, and " only a handful exist in the 7 kingdoms. "
    The ones I can think of ; Ned's got reforged into two swords , a dagger from season 1 episode 2 ends up back at Winterfell, the House Mormont sword, and the House Tarly sword.
    Four swords and a dagger. Is that it? Can you think of others? Without divulging any plots that might be involved.

I "assume" Tywin owned one, but can't confirm.
    House Lannister never had one, until they forged “Ice” into two swords. Tyrion lamented in the books that all of the gold in Casterly Rock had not been enough to induce one of the lesser houses to part with one of those heirloom swords.

House Lannister never had one, until they forged “Ice” into two swords. Tyrion lamented in the books that all of the gold in Casterly Rock had not been enough to induce one of the lesser houses to part with one of those heirloom swords.
    Thank you ... Tywin seemed to be the type of guy who would have one [ encased in glass ]. But that does now sound familiar.

600 pages into Blood and Ice, and I think I hit on something.

I tried playing the Game of Thrones challenge with my wife.

She said "If you aren't out of there in 60 seconds, I'm gonna crap here in the hallway"!
    It's not funny.

We just finished season 6... I hope Jon Snow's curls come back soon.
    I'll make my season 8 prediction even though we won't get through 7 before Saturday, Ned's coming back

I'll make my season 8 prediction even though we won't get through 7 before Saturday, Ned's coming back
    If the Night King raises all of the dead from the crypts below Winterfell...No Head Ned and the Stony Crypt Starks...sounds like a macabre ‘50s doo wop group.

If the Night King raises all of the dead from the crypts below Winterfell...No Head Ned and the Stony Crypt Starks...sounds like a macabre ‘50s doo wop group.
    My husband said in the books there's a scene with a woman fitting his wife's description (post Red Wedding). I've joked with him since the first season that Ned would be back so it's going to be pretty funny if that does actually happen.

Season 6 ended with two of the better tv episodes I have ever seen.

Season 7 is only seven episodes ... you'll be ready for 8.01 on Sunday like the rest of us

Season 6 ended with two of the better tv episodes I have ever seen.

Season 7 is only seven episodes ... you'll be ready for 8.01 on Sunday like the rest of us
    It was a good season! We don't have cable so we're waiting for season 8 regardless.