Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Latest on Tres Tinkle

Quote Originally Posted by vandalzag View Post
    Tough call. Take the Zag glasses off and Leon has been to the dance once in 4 years while coaching in multiple bid leagues(missing this year with a team favored to win the conference) . Tinkle has been there 3 times in 8 years while coaching in a single bid league. With the sample size it looks pretty even, with a slight edge to Tinkle.
    Why would Leon take the OSU job and not the WSU job? Do you think the OSU job is better than WSU?
    I think OSU has a slight edge over WSU. Slight. Not sure how BSU was favored to win league this year vs SDSU and UNM, they were way outmanned and still edged Lobos in Boise, almost beat SDSU. I like both coaches but I think Rice has more upside.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    I think OSU has a slight edge over WSU. Slight. Not sure how BSU was favored to win league this year vs SDSU and UNM, they were way outmanned and still edged Lobos in Boise, almost beat SDSU. I like both coaches but I think Rice has more upside.
    Boise State has been enjoyable to watch the last 2 years. Leon has them going in the right direction and the AD knows it.
    Let's go Brandon!!!

Tres Tinkle took a visit to USC today. He was invited to the NBA Top 100 Camp

Earl Watson Elite ‏@earlwatsonelite

2015 f Tres Tinkle Hellgate Montana will visit USC this morning. One of top f's in the country. Recently invited to NBA top 100.

https://twitter.com/earlwatsonelite/...32263020556288
    Josh Gershon ‏@JoshGershon

At 6-6. Gonna help someone win. RT @RyanSilver1: Tres Tinkle 7'0 wing span. earlwatson17 Elite... A Players Program http://instagram.com/p/oBn2fyHYrj/

https://twitter.com/JoshGershon/stat...89623013801984

This kid is right in our backyard. I was hoping that we would be on him pretty darn hard!

What I don't want to see is another Joe Harris situation where we whiff on a guy that can come in and be a crucial part of the puzzle.

Would be a perfect fit at the wing for 2015, coupled with Perkins and Melson.
    America's Team!

Seems like a kid with a great feel for the game, high basketball IQ. Would do well in a Mark Few system.

Video:

http://youtu.be/vqrZMPi1874
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    This kid is right in our backyard. I was hoping that we would be on him pretty darn hard!

What I don't want to see is another Joe Harris situation where we whiff on a guy that can come in and be a crucial part of the puzzle.

Would be a perfect fit at the wing for 2015, coupled with Perkins and Melson.
    Lee would like Tinkle, Murray, & a center/power forward for 2015

We didn't "whiff" on Joe Harris, he was going to play for Tony Bennett, plain and simple. He would've gone to WSU if Tony had stayed there but when Bennett went to Virginia, that is where he went. There is no way that Perkins plays the wing at any point in time and Melson will play almost exclusively at the 2 spot once Bell graduates.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    There is no way that Perkins plays the wing at any point in time and Melson will play almost exclusively at the 2 spot once Bell graduates.
    Lol. Pretty sure Henne was saying that Tinkle would be a perfect fit for the Zags at the 3 with Perkins and Melson covering the point and shooting guard starting positions, respectively

Quote Originally Posted by exclusivelee View Post
    Lol. Pretty sure Henne was saying that Tinkle would be a perfect fit for the Zags at the 3 with Perkins and Melson covering the point and shooting guard starting positions, respectively
    Thanks Lee!

That's exactly what I was referring to.

Vulture- good point on Harris wanting to play for Bennett. Just didn't think GU recruited Harris all that hard, but I may be wrong.
    America's Team!

Actually vulture, the story was Harris wanted to go to GU but we didn't want him. The Bennett love affair happened after that.

Actually cggonzaga....I would disagree with this based on the entire recruitment that I followed on Scout that cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Actually vulture, the story was Harris wanted to go to GU but we didn't want him. The Bennett love affair happened after that.

Sign this one. That is all.

Tinkle will begin career as finesse player...include a red shirt year...and he will end up with a mean streak for his Jr and Sr year just like his father and Krysko... I know he has watched their videos...His family certainly knows the myriad values of 5 years spent in college. At the very least he must want to play in Europe. Seems like a nice package to pursue.

Tremendous kid on many levels. This one we need to sign.

Believe what you want vulture. The real story isn't always told on recruiting websites. Regardless, Joe had a terrific career and probably fit that style of play better anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    Sign this one. That is all.
    +1

I've seen Tres play a couple of times. He dominated, and did so without being a ball hog. His family has basketball knowledge (and talent) in their blood. He knows the game, and has the talent to go with that knowledge. I'm told he is a super kid off the court too. It seems Spokane being just a couple of hours drive from Missoula would be an upside in getting him to commit, as family and friends could come watch him play. The Zags have a big following in western Montana, which is evident by the amount of folks one sees in Zag gear. In my humble opinion, GU should go after him hard, and soon.

Josh Gershon @Josh Gershon
    2015 hybrid forward Tres Tinkle is running with Earl Watson Elite this weekend. Extremely skilled, versatile and absolute winner.
    https://twitter.com/JoshGershon/stat...15524487081984

Josh Gershon @Josh Gershon
    Tres Tinkle. All this. RT @JHG722 Lunch pail guy, first one in last one out, gritty, cerebral, high motor, sneaky athletic, coach's son.
    https://twitter.com/JoshGershon/stat...17743169024000

Would you rather have Tinkle or Schwartz?
    Let's go Brandon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    Would you rather have Tinkle or Schwartz?
    Who is Schwartz?

Who is Schwartz?
    May the Schwartz be with you

Who is Schwartz?
    Cody Schwartz. See 14 open offers post #176 and 199. You will recognize him when you see him.
    Let's go Brandon!!!

Tinkle

Dad is 1 of 3 finalist at Oregon State....would guess the job is his....

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    Cody Schwartz. See 14 open offers post #176 and 199. You will recognize him when you see him.
    I'd take Tres, but it may be too hard to nab him.