Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest on Tres Tinkle

My nephew couldn't wait to get out of Missoula, he graduated from HS. He joined the Army, trained at Ft Benning in Georgia and served in the first Iraqi war. Goy out of the Army, moved to Missoula and got his BA from Montane, then got his Masters from Eastern WA and has now worked in Missoula at CPS for close to 15 years. I am proud of what a great adult he has become.

Watched Tinkle play this past weekend at a scouting/evaluation camp in the Denver area. Lots of good players at this camp, including a number of other ranked kids from out of state. Tinkle was the best player at the camp. From talking to a number of folks, the consensus seems to be that Tinkle is poised to blow up this spring/summer on the AAU circuit and will end up being a ranked HM kid. CU's all over him. Tad Boyle was at the camp watching his son play, so nice little bonus eval opportunity for Colorado. Tad sat with Wayne Tinkle for a bit. The kid is going to be an outstanding player. Athletic. Really skilled. Tall and long, and still growing. Plus he's elite academically and is by all accounts an extremely high character kid. He's be a great fit for Gonzaga.

Quote Originally Posted by RanchZagFan View Post
    Watched Tinkle play this past weekend at a scouting/evaluation camp in the Denver area. Lots of good players at this camp, including a number of other ranked kids from out of state. Tinkle was the best player at the camp. From talking to a number of folks, the consensus seems to be that Tinkle is poised to blow up this spring/summer on the AAU circuit and will end up being a ranked HM kid. CU's all over him. Tad Boyle was at the camp watching his son play, so nice little bonus eval opportunity for Colorado. Tad sat with Wayne Tinkle for a bit. The kid is going to be an outstanding player. Athletic. Really skilled. Tall and long, and still growing. Plus he's elite academically and is by all accounts an extremely high character kid. He's be a great fit for Gonzaga.
    Nice to hear. Hope the staff gives him a serious go.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Hope it comes down to either Colorado or Gonzaga. Gonzaga needs to start going deeper in the tourney to take recruiting to the next level.

Why Utah?
    It is a PAC 12 school.
    Get to play and develop against great speed, strength; good coaching; average player BB IQ and goals.
    Get to play for a coach that knows you and will over concentrate on your early development.
    AND, a coach that will give you the green light offensively as soon as is possible.
    The attraction/and fit is one that requires knowledge of Coach Krysko...his background, his make-up, and his over-achievement on so many levels. Tres is his kind of player that benefits in so many ways...book it.

Only better deal is playing for your dad at....Oregon State.

Quote Originally Posted by ZAGLAWQB View Post
    Only better deal is playing for your dad at....Oregon State.
    Robinson's kids have a few more years to go before they can suit up.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Tinkle is a cool name.
    Let's go Brandon!!!

kitz, i.e., Robinson goes to Princeton.....Tinkle goes to OSU

? link?

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    ? link?
    http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/in...inson_say.html
    Let's go Brandon!!!

If you were the OSU AD, would you hire Wayne Tinkle, and why?

Default French or Montana pronunciation?

"Tray" or "Trezz?"

Quote Originally Posted by Zag 77 View Post
    "Tray" or "Trezz?"
    Tres, as in the Spanish #3. 3rd child and Dad was playing in Spain when he was born.

I thought he ruled us out?

Am I wrong?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    I thought he ruled us out?

Am I wrong?
    I didn't hear that anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    If you were the OSU AD, would you hire Wayne Tinkle, and why?
    Good question. Before the Pac12 got the TV money a Tinkle to OSU move would be about par for the course. He has been a good coach at Montana with a couple of league titles and 3 trips to to the Dance. OSU is a bottom of the Pac12 team much like WSU that is not even the most popular team in the state. No recent basketball success. Seems like a good move for a Big Sky coach with regional ties. The better question who would want an OSU job? If you are an up and coming assistant do you want to try and make you way as the number 10 team in the conference? IF you are the AD do you go the WSU route and give a once successful coach who is out of the game another chance(which requires you to overpay)?

Billy Grier should have taken the Oregon State job when he had the chance.

Well, he didn't even bring our name up among schools that interested him. However, it might well be that he mentioned schools that already had offered him, Utah and Boston College, USC and the one he expected to Cal.

Just doesn't sound all that interested in us. Perhaps we haven't offered, maybe we're not interested in him, but that seems silly with the length, coach's son IQ, and GU ties. He wants a school where the students are very involved and good academics. . . what's going on? Anyone know?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by vandalzag View Post
    Good question. Before the Pac12 got the TV money a Tinkle to OSU move would be about par for the course. He has been a good coach at Montana with a couple of league titles and 3 trips to to the Dance. OSU is a bottom of the Pac12 team much like WSU that is not even the most popular team in the state. No recent basketball success. Seems like a good move for a Big Sky coach with regional ties. The better question who would want an OSU job? If you are an up and coming assistant do you want to try and make you way as the number 10 team in the conference? IF you are the AD do you go the WSU route and give a once successful coach who is out of the game another chance(which requires you to overpay)?
    Leon Rice would take it. Who do you rate higher, Leon or Wayne?

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Well, he didn't even bring our name up among schools that interested him.

Just doesn't sound all that interested in us. what's going on? Anyone know?
    If it makes you feel any better, the Gonzaga men's basketball twitter account follows Tres and that Tres follows ZagMBB, SSF, Draino, Pangos, Rem, Barham, Mike Hart

Not seeing anywhere where it says Tres has no interest in Gonzaga, nor that Tres currently has any favorites, nor where it claimed Gonzaga is out of the running.

http://www.givengobasketball.com/tres-tinkle-article

"My most recent offer is USC," said Tinkle. "I also hold offers from Boston College and Utah. Cal has expressed a lot of interest in me. They don't want to offer me yet because they are waiting until I visit either this summer of next fall."

Tres doesn't have any favorites yet.

"My Dad being a coach and my sisters going through the process has taught me a lot," he said. "They've told me you can have the schools you like but, don't make your mind up too early because you never know if another school will express interest in you. Of course, there are schools I like but, right now I'm keeping my options open."

"I'm looking for a school with a supportive community that will be at the games," said the junior guard. "I'm also looking for a school with a good academic background. My education will be something I plan to fall back on. I am focusing on those two now. As the process moves along I am going to focus on more things."

and more of Tres Tinkle and Gonzaga: Here, Here, Here, Here, and Here

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    Leon Rice would take it. Who do you rate higher, Leon or Wayne?
    Tough call. Take the Zag glasses off and Leon has been to the dance once in 4 years while coaching in multiple bid leagues(missing this year with a team favored to win the conference) . Tinkle has been there 3 times in 8 years while coaching in a single bid league. With the sample size it looks pretty even, with a slight edge to Tinkle.
    Why would Leon take the OSU job and not the WSU job? Do you think the OSU job is better than WSU?

Quote Originally Posted by exclusivelee View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, the Gonzaga men's basketball twitter account follows Tres and that Tres follows ZagMBB, SSF, Draino, Pangos, Rem, Barham, Mike Hart

Not seeing anywhere where it says Tres has no interest in Gonzaga, nor that Tres currently has any favorites, nor where it claimed Gonzaga is out of the running.

http://www.givengobasketball.com/tres-tinkle-article
    Thx.

I have hope renewed.
    Mark Twain.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncbr...9&refresh=true

Claims here that Gonzaga has heavy interest in Tres Tinkle.

Tres was named the best player at the Earl Watson Elite camp

Earl Watson Elite Scouts Camp awards

Ryan Silver, director of the Earl Watson Elite AAU program, orchestrated a terrific camp in Colorado as he attracted many of the best players in the state as well as a few gems outside the region. A look at a handful that stood out:

Best Player
    Tres Tinkle
    2015, WF, 6-foot-7, 215 pounds
    Status: Claims offers from Boston College, USC, and Utah, with heavy interest from Cal, Gonzaga, Colorado, Arizona State, Oregon State and Davidson.
    The clever lefty from Missoula, Mont., has long arms and big hands and affects the game in multiple ways. He has a knack of finding ways to score at all three levels and his ability to attack the basket is uncanny. He needs to polish his off hand while attacking, but he is a top-50 national recruit.