Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's time for Kevin to get that foot in a boot

Default It's time for Kevin to get that foot in a boot

And get ready for next season. I hope to God he enjoys an injury free senior season.

Many Zag fans have no idea of the pain he's played with the past three months. He's had his feet soaking in ice baths more than he has practiced.

Others will disagree, but in my view, Kevin had one of the most courageous seasons in the history of the program. He really shouldn't have been playing, but he had to because this team wouldn't have won the regular season league title, the postseason league title, and it's opening game had he sat out. He gutted it out for his teammates, his coaches, and the name on the jersey.

Kevin is a tough cookie that's for sure...he's got 6 months to heal up

Great post… Totally agree. Courageous for battling through it. Hopefully he can start his recover early and get it healed up.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    And get ready for next season. I hope to God he enjoys an injury free senior season.

Many Zag fans have no idea of the pain he's played with the past three months. He's had his feet soaking in ice baths more than he has practiced.

Others will disagree, but in my view, Kevin had one of the most courageous seasons in the history of the program. He really shouldn't have been playing, but he had to because this team wouldn't have won the regular season league title, the postseason league title, and it's opening game had he sat out. He gutted it out for his teammates, his coaches, and the name on the jersey.
    Well stated...as gritty of a young man as I can remember...now go get healthy
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Yes, yes, yes. And rest his ankle. That can be more troublesome long term than the toe. Rest and then strengthen them.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Kevin gave it all he had tonight. You can't ask for more than that. Heal up young fella.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    Well stated...as gritty of a young man as I can remember...now go get healthy
    Agreed. He and Karno showed a lot of grit tonight.

I was thinking the exact same thing and agree 100%, great post. People say our players have no heart, Kevin proves otherwise.

I am very proud of that boy. The team faced a powerhouse that played flawlessly. Kevin will be back next year and hopefully has an awesome senior healthy year. A very courageous player put in a tough situation.

Thanks for an exciting but sometimes frustrating season.
    CANADA LOVES THE ZAGS!!!

Tough. Gutsy performance. Hope he heals up to 100%.

pangos will need to recover and be 100% if the zags hope to make a deep run next year...he's what makes the zags go and he couldn't go this season.

And how might you do that HBZ?
    CANADA LOVES THE ZAGS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bushman View Post
    I am very proud of that boy. The team faced a powerhouse that played flawlessly. Kevin will be back next year and hopefully has an awesome senior healthy year. A very courageous player put in a tough situation.

Thanks for an exciting but sometimes frustrating season.
    While I know the young man won't need any pats as his mental makeup is of warrior status, but tell the kid to get healed completely then he can get back in the gym late nights practicing for his senior year and we zag fans are excited to see pango show the nation who and what kind of player he really is........
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by HillBillyZag View Post
    I love you folks who can watch a beating like We got tonight and start making excuses for why it happened? Pangos could have scored twenty points and we would have still lost by that margin. FACT #1. A GOOD little man can beat a BIG man, but a good little man cannot beat a GOOD big man! FACT #2. Sam Dower is a great kid and a decent WCC player., but he CANNOT play above the rim and is always a step SLOW on defense. FACT #3. I saw at quite a number of players on 15 & 16 Seeds who could START for us. Lastly, many of you seem to be happy getting to the dance regularly and making a good sacrificial lamb for the " Blue Bloods"?, Me, I want a little more!
    Maybe you should root for one of those blue bloods then like Duke, or North Carolina, or maybe Kansas. Oh, wait.....they didn't make it any further than Gonzaga did.

I limped for an hour after watching his ankle roll tonight. Man oh man, I think KP is made entirely of sand. That is one tough kid.

Son, remember the old song;?, There are none so blind as those who will not see?
    [/QUOTE]“Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team.”
    ― Scottie Pippen

It's nice to see that most are starting to realise just how hard the last four months have been for Kevin.

It reminded me of a great northern Canadian (yes, I lived there once) saying...

"Never judge a man until you have walked a mile in his mukluks"

Hope he is able to rest those feet for the next while.

I said in another thread that if KP can shake this toe injury and the ankle he could be one of the top 5 Point guards in the NCAA next year, perhaps even AA material.

Kevin balled out.
    Love the zags for life

I'm relieved that the season is over and Kevin can rest his foot. Playing off balance can lead to one injury after another and is more than likely responsible for the ankle injuries. I hope they all have great summers and return in the fall on fire.

Why do I get the feeling that he will be playing international ball this summer and that this thing will linger on into next year? I'm going to start calling him Seabiscuit!

Default Kyle had a broken nose

Don't forget Kyle playing with a broken nose suffered in practice last week; played without a mask.

great post. Turf toe is no joke and neither are ankle rolls. Hopefully better matchups and injury free senior season = what he came here to do, dance late into March.

HBZ, your posts frequently remind me of this Dan Hicks Classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW9-FOLG-iA

You'd probably do better spending more time patrolling your yard.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Can he wear two boots?
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    Can he wear two boots?
    ??
    Love the zags for life