Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rough end, but thank you, seniors.

Default Rough end, but thank you, seniors.

Not the way to end the year but thank and well wishes to Stocks, Sam and Drew. Each brought a lot to the Zags and helped keep the streak alive with wins and great personalities. Can't say thank you enough for that. Best of luck in the next chapter. Go Zags
    “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few

Thank you zags.....enjoyed the entire year through the trials and tribulations.....you represent our school and community very very well......
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Three nice kids who gave a lot to the program. Thanks for the great years and I wish them all the best going forward.

Thanks, guys! Especially the seniors. Fun season, if sometimes frustrating. Here's to a productive and HEALTHY offseason.

Yes, the seniors and the whole team gave their all. We'll miss Sam, Drew and Stocks. Never easy to lose like they did tonight, especially when it's your last game. Thanks for all you did for the program. Each one was a key part of this year's team and led the team beyond many's expectations.

Thanks for the great season!

SWZag

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Overall a great "rebuilding" season… Thank you to the Seniors and the entire team! Bummer we had to go out that way...

I wish all the best to Sam, David and Drew. I'm sure we shall be seeing you in Spokane from time to time. Great Zags!

Enjoyed this season a lot. Will miss these seniors. Love these Zags. Thanks!

Can never take away the memories! We'll miss ya, Sam, David, and Drew!

If this is a down year, I'll take it.

This was an entertaining year that had me glued to every game. I love that they made a decision to make this a team that won the WCC and make the NCAAs.

They did not let the Zags have a let down on their watch. Great job, seniors.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Thanks Seniors.

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    If this is a down year, I'll take it.

This was an entertaining year that had me glued to every game. I love that they made a decision to make this a team that won the WCC and make the NCAAs.

They did not let the Zags have a let down on their watch. Great job, seniors.
    29 win season.

Thanks Brian, David, Drew and Sam for being great Zags! Good luck in your future endeavors.

Thanks to the seniors, and thanks to Fu for starting this thread, which I clicked on instead of venting.

I add my thanks to the seniors and all the players. It must be a huge sacrifice to dedicate yourself to BB while your friends and fellow students are goofing off and enjoying their college years. I knew going in that this would be a tough year in the NCAAs and I am glad the Bulldogs won a game.

Six months from now our fellow posters will be predicting a Final Four. I like to dream myself (see for example all my posts about Scarlett Johansson) but at some point you have to accept reality. Tonight we got a big dose of reality. Here's hoping that the returning team has a great summer. Signing off until October, I wish all of you a great off-season.

Go Bulldogs!
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Thanks to the seniors, and every other player on the team as well.

Thanks to the entire team for a great year; it was a joy to share it with you. Seniors, enjoy your last weeks at Gonzaga, take our wishes for success and happiness with you, and join us occasionally to share some insight and keep us up to date with your endeavors. Every one else, we can hardly wait to welcome you back for what could be a magic 2014-15 season. Go Zags!

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyZag View Post
    Thanks to the seniors, and thanks to Fu for starting this thread, which I clicked on instead of venting.
    Hear hear! Sometimes you get the bear, sometimes the bear gets you. Today the bear got us.

For a "transitional year", it was a lot of fun.

In a couple of days, we can start talking about next year. For now, let's put the season in perspective...it was a heckuva year.

Lots of negativity tonight on the game thread, but not from me. After all of the hardship this team suffered through this season, I was proud of them for making it as far as they did. I think this team exceeded many peoples expectations and that is because of guys like David Stockton, Sam Dower, and Drew Barham. The whiners will whine, next year there will be some other Zag that will take the place of David Stockton. Coach Few will be back with one of the best records in NCAA basketball history so the better coaches that complain about him here will still have someone to blame for not doing things the way they think he should. Me, I will be watching to see the recruiting rumors between now and the first game next year. I will watch to see if BZ's Sabonis lock is as sure a thing as I hope it is. I will also watch to see if Kyle Wiltjer is working hard to come in and be better than Kelly Olynk. I won't blame Karnowski if he goes home over the summer, but I would love to hear that he, Edwards, Sabonis, and Wiltjer have a big summer pushing their physicality to the level that will scare the bejesus out of our opponents next year. Most of all, I will be counting the days until the 2014-2015 season tips off.

Agreed. I will miss our seniors. Sam's smile and Stockton's spunk. Wish Drew had been with us longer.

Quote Originally Posted by FuManShoes View Post
    Not the way to end the year but thank and well wishes to Stocks, Sam and Drew. Each brought a lot to the Zags and helped keep the streak alive with wins and great personalities. Can't say thank you enough for that. Best of luck in the next chapter. Go Zags
    Well said. A VERY good year in what was supposed to be a "transition" year. Looking forward to November already...

Thanks for a great season!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by scott257 View Post
    Lots of negativity tonight on the game thread, but not from me. After all of the hardship this team suffered through this season, I was proud of them for making it as far as they did. I think this team exceeded many peoples expectations and that is because of guys like David Stockton, Sam Dower, and Drew Barham. The whiners will whine, next year there will be some other Zag that will take the place of David Stockton. Coach Few will be back with one of the best records in NCAA basketball history so the better coaches that complain about him here will still have someone to blame for not doing things the way they think he should. Me, I will be watching to see the recruiting rumors between now and the first game next year. I will watch to see if BZ's Sabonis lock is as sure a thing as I hope it is. I will also watch to see if Kyle Wiltjer is working hard to come in and be better than Kelly Olynk. I won't blame Karnowski if he goes home over the summer, but I would love to hear that he, Edwards, Sabonis, and Wiltjer have a big summer pushing their physicality to the level that will scare the bejesus out of our opponents next year. Most of all, I will be counting the days until the 2014-2015 season tips off.
    well said. Better luck next year !
    Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
    Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
    Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

One of the things I best remember Barham for.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Tcn3-y2B3yQ
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Rough night, AZ is a tough, tough draw, and they played out of their minds. I will really miss the seniors. Sam is one of the best players at his position we have ever had.

Best of luck to them all and thank you for the wins and the memories.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!