Let's Do This !!!

Go Zags !!!
    So many brackets, so little time.

Comment

• RenoZag
      Super Moderator
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by gu03alum View Post
      I would love to have another week of talking #### at work rather than people flipping me #### all week.
      indeed.
      The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• DZ
        Zag for Life
        • Sep 2007

Perspective: I've been paying so much attention to the tourney

At least 15 died in a mud slide in Arlington WA - I didn't even know.

Wow.

May as well win but there're some families out there going through a lot more.
        Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
        Mark Twain.

Comment

• BobZag
          Dark Lord of the Zag
          • Jan 2007

Over the last decade or two, ESPN, CBS, and other sports powers have promoted a "Must go to Sweet 16 or better, or you've had a sucky year" mentality. I'll never buy that. Win or lose tonight, the Zags dominated the WCC by winning it by 2 games; won the WCC tourney by double-digit average; beat a damn good Ok State team that features an NBA lottery pick player; went undefeated at home... Yet just watch. If these Zags--which I've always thought was about 8th best of Monson's/ Few's 16 NCAA teams--lose to #1 seed Arizona, Zag fans will be whining, griping, biatching, complaining, crying about how this season sucked. Say what? 29 wins? Since when has 29 wins sucked? Remember the days when 20 wins was rare and magical at GU? Anyway, I hope the guys win, but if they don't, this team has already surpassed what I was hoping for, especially after Pangos got that nagging turf toe.

To wit, there is nooooooooo way Tennessee or Stanford are top-16 teams, but they make the Sweet 16. Same can be said about some past S-16 Zag teams, to be honest.

Go Zags!
          The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• caduceus
            Zag for Life
            • Mar 2007

Well said, Bob. Perspective seems to be what the media wants us to believe.

Comment

• DZ
              Zag for Life
              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by BobZag View Post
              Over the last decade or two, ESPN, CBS, and other sports powers have promoted a "Must go to Sweet 16 or better, or you've had a sucky year" mentality. I'll never buy that. Win or lose tonight, the Zags dominated the WCC by winning it by 2 games; won the WCC tourney by double-digit average; beat a damn good Ok State team that features an NBA lottery pick player; went undefeated at home... Yet just watch. If these Zags--which I've always thought was about 8th best of Monson's/ Few's 16 NCAA teams--lose to #1 seed Arizona, Zag fans will be whining, griping, biatching, complaining, crying about how this season sucked. Say what? 29 wins? Since when has 29 wins sucked? Remember the days when 20 wins was rare and magical at GU? Anyway, I hope the guys win, but if they don't, this team has already surpassed what I was hoping for, especially after Pangos got that nagging turf toe.

To wit, there is nooooooooo way Tennessee or Stanford are top-16 teams, but they make the Sweet 16. Same can be said about some past S-16 Zag teams, to be honest.

Go Zags!
              Well said: I was one whining but they sure finished strong - - this really is gravy.
              Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
              Mark Twain.

Comment

• BobZag
                Dark Lord of the Zag
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
                Perspective: I've been paying so much attention to the tourney

At least 15 died in a mud slide in Arlington WA - I didn't even know.

Wow.

May as well win but there're some families out there going through a lot more.
                The details are rather horrifying. Really tragic.
                The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• U Zig, I Zag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Mar 2009

Go Zags!
                  Some fans might - you always digest what you just watched. But I think most know this is a tough draw and the zags are gonna give it a go. I think its been a great season so far and where they land in the rankings of zags teams doesn't matter much, IMHO. This team is only playing teams from this season.

Let's get a win!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• MDABE80
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

I'm nervous. More than BZ. We've done much better than I thought for this season. MUCH.

Comment

• gamagin
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by gu03alum View Post
                      I would love to have another week of talking #### at work rather than people flipping me #### all week.
                      this. don't even have to go to work. can get this same matter right here in river city.

GO Zags !
                      Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
                      Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
                      Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• caduceus
                        Zag for Life
                        • Mar 2007

The details are rather horrifying. Really tragic.
                        The town of Oso is only about 200 people. Imagine losing 10% of your population. Very tragic.

Comment

• SWZag
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by U Zig, I Zag View Post
                          Crap. Now I have to change. It's about color coordinating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          +1

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Comment

• exclusivelee
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2013

Great move by Shem

Comment

• caduceus
                              Zag for Life