Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 3/23/14 NCAAs Zona v Zags Game Thread

Johnson is STUD. Stud.

That was a pretty shot by Karno
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

stop the bleeding

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    I hope so. They've played twice recently. Last year in a Tourney in Hawaii, this year at SDSU. Cats won both but they were tight games.
    I'll be rooting for SDSU unless I have a chance to win any of my brackets. But Arizona is the better team.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ777 View Post
    I'll be rooting for SDSU unless I have a chance to win any of my brackets. But Arizona is the better team.
    They might be but we certainly have helped them look much much better. Looks like we're playing the Miami Heat out there

Kevin Pangos and Gary Bell, both of whom I love, have never played in a sweet sixteen game. They've got one chance left. When they committed, I'd have sworn they were going to be the guys who get GU to the final four.

Should of bought stock in Pepridge Farms.

Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    I agree with you and surfmonkey 100%

who could disagree?
    I think the danger is that if you see the issue as one of effort, or "belief", as opposed to talent. We need better talent, not to have everyone read The Secret.

7 more points and this will be the worse loss of the tourney so far this year

I am very depressed about this....

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyZag View Post
    Kevin Pangos and Gary Bell, both of whom I love, have never played in a sweet sixteen game. They've got one chance left. When they committed, I'd have sworn they were going to be the guys who get GU to the final four.
    different roles next year. who knows what that may mean but they will be different

I will be hearing " another turnover " in my sleep tonight.

It will be their team. Hopefully both can have a season free from injury, full of confidence and lots of fun
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by MJ777 View Post
    Arizona and Gonzaga are my two favorite teams. It was a bit of a no-win situation for me today. But Arizona looks like a Final 4 team, they haven't been since 2001, long overdue. Hope now is their time to end the drought.

I go back to the game to see Arizona miss a shot, we get the rebound and then fumble it out of bounds under their basket.......geez....

I love Few, but his loyalty to a fault mantra needs to be re-evaluated. There s no reason whatsoever that Stocks and Bell should have played this many minutes, and it's been that way all season; there minutes on the court are not dictated by their performance and that's a really bad precedent.

I have never seen a Zag team play with such a careless attitude. No one is moving, no one is playing defense and no one is motivated. Players are not talking to one another. A total breakdown - and its not on Few. I don't understand the lack of desire - someone enlighten me.

Please God keep it under 30.
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Stockton will be interning at a bakery and GBJ will be interning with David Blaine this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    I will be hearing " another turnover " in my sleep tonight.
    Count the turnovers like you count sheep and you will be asleep in before you get to the end....

Anyone ever remember a game this bad for GU? I can't remember that game with Turiaf in 1st round that year they lost to (Wyoming?) - was it this bad?

i'm hoping maybe Few could red shirt next year .. he seems to have lost his mojo .. he seems a little tired.
    humanity is one family ... with one heart

I hate how our entire offense is based around high low sets that seem to just encourage turnovers ga-lore.

This team should literally run screens for pangos, GBJ, and Barham all game long. We play so much better stretching the defense from the outside in...however, it seems best we lob balls into the post surrounded by 4 opponents.

stupid

A 29 win season. Thanks Zags for another fun season.

Quote Originally Posted by surfmonkey89 View Post
    I think the danger is that if you see the issue as one of effort, or "belief", as opposed to talent. We need better talent, not to have everyone read The Secret.
    Butler went to the Title game two years in a row with teams that weren't particularly talented. Stevens was a heck of a coach. His teams were so much physically and mentally tougher than an recent GU team.