Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 3/23/14 NCAAs Zona v Zags Game Thread

Memphis isn't a mid-major anymore - but wow, the smaller schools not fairing well at all. Maybe Zags can win one for them all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone else's stomach feel like a washing machine on spin?

I just want to be there with them in the end - I want a shot in the last 5 minutes. It is time for GU to re-establish itself as a team that can win big games. We don't have that rep right now.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Anyone else's stomach feel like a washing machine on spin?

I just want to be there with them in the end - I want a shot in the last 5 minutes. It is time for GU to re-establish itself as a team that can win big games. We don't have that rep right now.
    Normally, yah - but this game is just gravy. Want a win and think they can do it. But I am just along for the ride at this point. I am sure I will have a meltdown or two in the game thread though...
    ☺️

"I think our guys can get their shots off vs Ariz. inside first and then outside," Violette.

Early on Hudson and CV discussed the ahem (B I G) loss to AZ 11 years ago. Violette was on the Zag team and noted 5-6 members of the team we almost (shoulda, coulda, woulda) beat, went on to successful careers in the NBA.
    Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
    Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
    Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

I would love to have another week of talking #### at work rather than people flipping me #### all week.
    Bring back the OCC

Let's Do This !!!

Go Zags !!!
    So many brackets, so little time.

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    I would love to have another week of talking #### at work rather than people flipping me #### all week.
    indeed.

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Perspective: I've been paying so much attention to the tourney

At least 15 died in a mud slide in Arlington WA - I didn't even know.

Wow.

May as well win but there're some families out there going through a lot more.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Over the last decade or two, ESPN, CBS, and other sports powers have promoted a "Must go to Sweet 16 or better, or you've had a sucky year" mentality. I'll never buy that. Win or lose tonight, the Zags dominated the WCC by winning it by 2 games; won the WCC tourney by double-digit average; beat a damn good Ok State team that features an NBA lottery pick player; went undefeated at home... Yet just watch. If these Zags--which I've always thought was about 8th best of Monson's/ Few's 16 NCAA teams--lose to #1 seed Arizona, Zag fans will be whining, griping, biatching, complaining, crying about how this season sucked. Say what? 29 wins? Since when has 29 wins sucked? Remember the days when 20 wins was rare and magical at GU? Anyway, I hope the guys win, but if they don't, this team has already surpassed what I was hoping for, especially after Pangos got that nagging turf toe.

To wit, there is nooooooooo way Tennessee or Stanford are top-16 teams, but they make the Sweet 16. Same can be said about some past S-16 Zag teams, to be honest.

Go Zags!
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Well said, Bob. Perspective seems to be what the media wants us to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    Over the last decade or two, ESPN, CBS, and other sports powers have promoted a "Must go to Sweet 16 or better, or you've had a sucky year" mentality. I'll never buy that. Win or lose tonight, the Zags dominated the WCC by winning it by 2 games; won the WCC tourney by double-digit average; beat a damn good Ok State team that features an NBA lottery pick player; went undefeated at home... Yet just watch. If these Zags--which I've always thought was about 8th best of Monson's/ Few's 16 NCAA teams--lose to #1 seed Arizona, Zag fans will be whining, griping, biatching, complaining, crying about how this season sucked. Say what? 29 wins? Since when has 29 wins sucked? Remember the days when 20 wins was rare and magical at GU? Anyway, I hope the guys win, but if they don't, this team has already surpassed what I was hoping for, especially after Pangos got that nagging turf toe.

To wit, there is nooooooooo way Tennessee or Stanford are top-16 teams, but they make the Sweet 16. Same can be said about some past S-16 Zag teams, to be honest.

Go Zags!
    Well said: I was one whining but they sure finished strong - - this really is gravy.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Perspective: I've been paying so much attention to the tourney

At least 15 died in a mud slide in Arlington WA - I didn't even know.

Wow.

May as well win but there're some families out there going through a lot more.
    The details are rather horrifying. Really tragic.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Go Zags!
    Some fans might - you always digest what you just watched. But I think most know this is a tough draw and the zags are gonna give it a go. I think its been a great season so far and where they land in the rankings of zags teams doesn't matter much, IMHO. This team is only playing teams from this season.

Let's get a win!

I'm nervous. More than BZ. We've done much better than I thought for this season. MUCH.

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    this. don't even have to go to work. can get this same matter right here in river city.

GO Zags !
    Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
    Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
    Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

The details are rather horrifying. Really tragic.
    The town of Oso is only about 200 people. Imagine losing 10% of your population. Very tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by U Zig, I Zag View Post
    Crap. Now I have to change. It's about color coordinating.

+1

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Great move by Shem

Gordon has hops. Wow

Arizona is playing their asses off.
    Bring back the OCC

Can't make bad passes with these guys.

David can't take as many chances as normal - - Zona too quick
    Mark Twain.

No foul on the Stocks push?

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

come on David! serve it up!