Thread: Bracketology. Gator Bait?

Default Bracketology. Gator Bait?

Quote Originally Posted by B Wayne View Post
    Double no bueno.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Wouldn't put much into it. 1) They try to avoid pairing teams that have faced each other during the season in the first round. 2) Joe is good at what he does, but he doesn't get the matchups all that correct.

Look, for all practical purposes they are likely to be seeded somewhere between 8 and 10. IMHO... 10 is the best we could hope for if we want them to have a half reasonable chance of advancing... 8 or 9 means an early exit.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Yeah pairing K-State and Gonzaga was a mistake. He would have to move around one of us.
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Was just discussing this last night with my dad. We both agreed that Florida is the one team that we cannot beat in this year's field. Any other team I feel like we have a chance if Bell and Pangos hit their shots. Your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Wouldn't put much into it. 1) They try to avoid pairing teams that have faced each other during the season in the first round. 2) Joe is good at what he does, but he doesn't get the matchups all that correct.

Look, for all practical purposes they are likely to be seeded somewhere between 8 and 10. IMHO... 10 is the best we could hope for if we want them to have a half reasonable chance of advancing... 8 or 9 means an early exit.
    Exactly my thoughts. As I thought, Duke, no change. Creighton after losing two, no change. on and on and on. It only matters if you lose at the end of the year if you'r Gonzaga.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bouldin4Prez View Post
    Was just discussing this last night with my dad. We both agreed that Florida is the one team that we cannot beat in this year's field. Any other team I feel like we have a chance if Bell and Pangos hit their shots. Your thoughts?
    Screw it Ill take Florida

Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Agree, if Florida stays healthy, they are my choice to win the tourney and do not want to meet up with them until 2014-15 season. Another match-up problem is UK...#30 would have his way with us...IMO

Florida is the team I've watched that I want no part of. I think they might be the one team we are not capable of beating (not really, anyway). We would have to be the last eight or first nine to meet what is likely the no. 1 in the tournament. I have a feeling we're a little ahead of the last 8 if we win and a little behind the first nine if we lose. I hope to God we are at least.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Id rather be an 11+ with fields like those.

I'll take whoever. The most interesting games, win or lose, are vs the best teams.

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    This board goes round and round on this question. I tried to do an honest analysis a couple years ago, and came to the conclusion that 8/9 seeds fared better than 10s, or 11/12s. http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...highlight=seed

Since then, we have had 8 seeded Butler go to the title game, and (9)WSU made the FF. VCU also got to the FF the hard way as an 11.

It depends on your expectation level. If a sweet sixteen means a successful season, then 10/11/12 gets you there more often. If you want an EE or FF, then the lower seed is always better....Historically speaking.

It's funny, everyone always talks about "running into the 1-seed"....well, what happened last year?