0 0%
  • Nunez

1 0.85%
  • Draino

1 0.85%
  • Someone else

2 1.69%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: - - -GUnit of the Game- - - (@ St. Motha Stinkin Mary's)

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    Here's why I voted Karno:

Waldow is a career 60% shooter who went 3/8 tonight for 9 pts, and only 3 boards in 25 min. Like the Zags' bigs, he normally either commands double teams, freeing up SMC's 3 pt shooters, or scores at a high rate. In 2 games v the Zags, he is 4/16. Karno dominates him and doesn't need help to do it. Not to mention how many shots he alters by drivers.

That fact knocks over the second domino, which is that SMC spreads the floor with 4 shooters around Waldow much of the time and makes them at 39% coming in. Five for 18 tonight, 6 for 30 on the year v the Zags. So the Zags hold them to half their normal 3 pt %, granted that it's on a small sample size. Because the guards are able to stay on their guys on the perimeter and don't need to help inside much.

Take Karno out of the equation and GU still wins, but SMC scores another 15-20 pts imo.
    Going into the game, I thought that frustrating Waldow would be the key to winning in Moraga. I thought that Edwards would take turns with Karnowski on that duty to keep the Big Pole fresh and out of foul trouble. Karnowski really didn't need much help on that effort. He gets my vote.

I voted Stockton...just love the way he managed the game. I was also very impressed with KP's decision making..he played within himself and made others better. GBJ also did a job on Holt....the guards played SMART....and the BIGS benefitted from it.

Stockton was bred for big games..the guy just doesn't panic..cool as a cucumber. I guess that's what happens when you play 1 on 1 with the best.....who can intimidate you?

I think the title is a bit disrespectful...its ST Mary's.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    Here's why I voted Karno:

Waldow is a career 60% shooter who went 3/8 tonight for 9 pts, and only 3 boards in 25 min. Like the Zags' bigs, he normally either commands double teams, freeing up SMC's 3 pt shooters, or scores at a high rate. In 2 games v the Zags, he is 4/16. Karno dominates him and doesn't need help to do it. Not to mention how many shots he alters by drivers.

That fact knocks over the second domino, which is that SMC spreads the floor with 4 shooters around Waldow much of the time and makes them at 39% coming in. Five for 18 tonight, 6 for 30 on the year v the Zags. So the Zags hold them to half their normal 3 pt %, granted that it's on a small sample size. Because the guards are able to stay on their guys on the perimeter and don't need to help inside much.

Take Karno out of the equation and GU still wins, but SMC scores another 15-20 pts imo.
    +1000. Karno has dominated the interior in both smc games...both blowout victories. When he plays like that we win. Against darn near anyone.

Great bounce back for Sammy -- he was exceptional. another double, double --

Bell was also close. Holding Holt to 10 points, and all on free throws -- wow!
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

I didn't even vote. This was a total team effort and everyone played extremely well.

Go Zags!
    Qualified for 23 Straight Big Dances

12 Straight Round of 32s

11 Sweet Sixteens (6 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quite honestly I thought it was Karno's bucket after bucket that really broke their backs. Sam and David had the stats, but GUnit isnt just about stats.