0 0%
  • Nunez

1 0.85%
  • Draino

1 0.85%
  • Someone else

2 1.69%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: - - -GUnit of the Game- - - (@ St. Motha Stinkin Mary's)

Default - - -GUnit of the Game- - - (@ St. Motha Stinkin Mary's)

I like Gonzaga. They are my favorite team.
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Stockton was big. I voted Sam Dower, here is the box score.
    http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400506815
    Let's go Brandon!!!

I liked Sam's game a lot tonight
    "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Stocks:

10 pts
    5 rebounds
    5 assists
    1 steal (i'd trade a rebound or two for steals)
    (Hudson on post game said this was DS's 14th game this season in which he has had at least five assists.)
    Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
    Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
    Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

I love it when Sam brings his game.

Sam is our POY.
    Let's go Brandon!!!

Stockton or Dower? Dower or Stockton?

All eight of Pangos' points came in the first half. He set the tone. I'd bet, too, that it's his first career game without a 3-point attempt.

I feel like it is pretty much even between Dower and Stockton; i'll cast my vote to even it up! Huge shout out to Shem!

Sam with another DD and dominating game against the Marys Gaels. Great job Sam!!!

30 pts., who would have thunk-it!
    "Blake Stepp had a reputation for saying little. That's probably because he had to clench his teeth and wince so much, playing through the pain."
    -Tales From the Gonzaga Hardwood

Total team effort if it were an option My vote would go to The Team, but since it isn't my vote went to Stockton.
    The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

It was such a complete team effort that I had to pick someone that no one else would pick. Hence the GUnit goes to Nunez tonight.

Here's why I voted Karno:

Waldow is a career 60% shooter who went 3/8 tonight for 9 pts, and only 3 boards in 25 min. Like the Zags' bigs, he normally either commands double teams, freeing up SMC's 3 pt shooters, or scores at a high rate. In 2 games v the Zags, he is 4/16. Karno dominates him and doesn't need help to do it. Not to mention how many shots he alters by drivers.

That fact knocks over the second domino, which is that SMC spreads the floor with 4 shooters around Waldow much of the time and makes them at 39% coming in. Five for 18 tonight, 6 for 30 on the year v the Zags. So the Zags hold them to half their normal 3 pt %, granted that it's on a small sample size. Because the guards are able to stay on their guys on the perimeter and don't need to help inside much.

Take Karno out of the equation and GU still wins, but SMC scores another 15-20 pts imo.

Dower.

Why Stockton, Bocco?
    “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    I like Gonzaga. They are my favorite team.
    +1

I gave it to Dower because of the double-double.

Maynard makes a great argument though. That's why Shem should be defensive POY.
    "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you can never know if they are genuine"---Abraham Lincoln.

Voted Dower. I think he might get some looks from the NBA. His offensive skills are probably there, not sure about the defense though.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post

Waldow is a career 60% shooter who went 3/8 tonight for 9 pts, and only 3 boards in 25 min. Like the Zags' bigs, he normally either commands double teams, freeing up SMC's 3 pt shooters, or scores at a high rate. In 2 games v the Zags, he is 4/16. Karno dominates him and doesn't need help to do it. Not to mention how many shots he alters by drivers.

That fact knocks over the second domino, which is that SMC spreads the floor with 4 shooters around Waldow much of the time and makes them at 39% coming in. Five for 18 tonight, 6 for 30 on the year v the Zags. So the Zags hold them to half their normal 3 pt %, granted that it's on a small sample size. Because the guards are able to stay on their guys on the perimeter and don't need to help inside much.

Take Karno out of the equation and GU still wins, but SMC scores another 15-20 pts imo.
    Constantly bringing facts in and helping me see the game better. Appreciate all you're saying but I have to give it to Sam. Part for sentimental reasons - his last reg season game, in part b/c even if Waldow had his normal game Sam would offset it and probably have scored more, and part b/c the guy is on a tear and doesn't seem to miss anymore - at a real good time to be like that.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Constantly bringing facts in and helping me see the game better. Appreciate all you're saying but I have to give it to Sam. Part for sentimental reasons - his last reg season game, in part b/c even if Waldow had his normal game Sam would offset it and probably have scored more, and part b/c the guy is on a tear and doesn't seem to miss anymore - at a real good time to be like that.
    Can't disagree a bit.

The guy who plays Charles Barkley on SNL's weekend update is hilarious. I'd vote for him if he was on the list.

Sam is the Man! And David Stockton played a very good game. Proud of our seniors tonight. Drew Barham was solid as a rock too. I'm sure they all feel good. I also thought PK played one of his best games tonight. I absolutely loved his passing. And Dower got on them boards again. Easy pick tonight.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Sam got the vote over Stockton. If DS had hit just one 3 I might have given it to him. Like Shem'sdefensive performance, Bell's also deserves mention holding Holt to 0 FGs. great team effort.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyZag View Post
    All eight of Pangos' points came in the first half. He set the tone. I'd bet, too, that it's his first career game without a 3-point attempt.
    Sorry, when I read this I just had to check. Actually Pangos did not attempt a 3-pointer at Santa Clara this year. So just the 2nd time in his career.

I voted Mark Few. He has unleashed the dogs and it looks really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    Like Shem's defensive performance, Bell's also deserves mention holding Holt to 0 FGs. great team effort.
    Had to read a lot of posts before seeing some love for our quiet warrior, GBJ. Holding Holt without any FG's is astonishing, especially since Holt had gone for 61 points his last two games.

Agree about the great team effort. Hopefully, this will build some momentum for the WCC Tourney and the Dance. Got to say, though, as KP goes, so go the ZAGS............

Go ZAGS

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post

Agreed. Another point(s): Anyone else notice 1) that Karno's free throw percentage has crept up dangerously near 60%?? - huge improvement and getting better; and 2) those two quick nifty interior passes to Stocks and Dower? The man has skills and he's getting better in all phases. Will be fun to watch him the rest of this season and hopefully a couple more...