Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Mark Few Thread

Default The Mark Few Thread

About this time every basketball season the fans start to get fewtigue and confewsion. Some times they get so fewrious they wonder does Gonzaga basketball have a fewture?? If we can't turn this team around, the fewture looks Dower because the coach keeps Dranginis down.

Quote Originally Posted by amaronizag View Post
    About this time every basketball season the fans start to get fewtigue and confewsion. Some times they get so fewrious they wonder does Gonzaga basketball have a fewture?? If we can't turn this team around, the fewture looks Dower because the coach keeps Dranginis down.
    Reduce Prozac dose now!
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

The people that hired Mark and pay his salary and extend his contract are not confused.

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    The people that hired Mark and pay his salary and extend his contract are not confused.

Okay. Source?

Quote Originally Posted by Hokis View Post
    Okay. Source?
    If you have rebuttal evidence please present.

Hokis, those would be a number of private conversations, you can take my word for it...or not, that is up to you.

Obviously, it would be foolish and irresponsible for me to say any more or divulge any names but I am sure other alums would have that same strong impression.

Nearly any member of the Bulldogs knows the strong support for Few by the Administration , in fact the suggestion that it has waivered is laughable.

Word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Quote Originally Posted by amaronizag View Post
    Attempts a humor are Fewtile and could cause a Fewd. Zags need to win in Stockton.

I think you can still get a table for the March Banquet... and feel the love...

I hope that no fan would seriously consider suggesting replacing Mark Few. This has been a very successful season, despite recent disappointments. Preseason, I honestly thought we would drop a lot more games than this, and never expected to be WCC Champions, although I hoped for such. The loss of Olynyk, Harris, and Hart gave me pause. We have then gone on to dominate the WCC, and barring some unlikely circumstances, winning the regular season outright. This team has been a happy revelation with its success; but success breeds expectations, and we have begun to expect to win, and rightly so.

Most of the reasonable critique of Mark Few seems to be to be in the vein of "You have done a great job with this team, but they are stumbling, and perhaps you need to try some new things, mix it up a bit with the substitutions, lineups, whatever, to keep our opponents guessing or to catch them off guard, or to play to our strengths on any given night. Not every opponent is the same, and neither should be our lineup for each."

At least, that is what I see from reasonable minds.

Mark Few is a great coach, and we are lucky to have him.

From my perspective the Fewture looks bright.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Quote Originally Posted by wnczagfan View Post
    Most of the reasonable critique of Mark Few seems to be to be in the vein of "You have done a great job with this team, but they are stumbling, and perhaps you need to try some new things, mix it up a bit with the substitutions, lineups, whatever, to keep our opponents guessing or to catch them off guard, or to play to our strengths on any given night. Not every opponent is the same, and neither should be our lineup for each."
    THIS IS IT! Thank you for putting it so eloquently. I'm glad someone can see that yes, BOTH the players AND the coach could improve.

If we win five more games...Phew!

I don't think people should confuse their opinions with facts. I read posts in here that question the Coach's character, his intelligence, his effort, his judgment, his concern for the players, even his courage and motives. That is all speculation of the worse kind.

If you don't ever see those posts, fine. That is simply my opinion.

The Fewture is bright and the Few who post here with their constant grumblings under the guise of concerned alumni, wanting the best for the program, share their banter with each other while the rest of us marvel at how a average at best Gonzaga TEAM has had a very good year to date....better than I thought . I said it before the season began and say it again today if Mark Few can get 25 wins out of this TEAM before the WCC tournament he and staff did a heck of a job.

Lastly for those that can't imagine how we could have lost certain games this season please note that you expose your ignorance to the TEAM, competition and the game through your constant belittlement of effort and inane suggestions as to player PT. If you have posted or are posting that either Coleman or Nunez should be starting you understand neither the coach or the program. It is your right to not like it and post your thoughts and my right to think you're nuts.

Just my opinion.

Go!! Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by drvenkman05 View Post
    THIS IS IT! Thank you for putting it so eloquently. I'm glad someone can see that yes, BOTH the players AND the coach could improve.
    I'll second that. Well said.
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

Quote Originally Posted by wnczagfan View Post
    I hope that no fan would seriously consider suggesting replacing Mark Few. This has been a very successful season, despite recent disappointments. Preseason, I honestly thought we would drop a lot more games than this, and never expected to be WCC Champions, although I hoped for such. The loss of Olynyk, Harris, and Hart gave me pause. We have then gone on to dominate the WCC, and barring some unlikely circumstances, winning the regular season outright. This team has been a happy revelation with its success; but success breeds expectations, and we have begun to expect to win, and rightly so.

At least, that is what I see from reasonable minds.

Mark Few is a great coach, and we are lucky to have him.
    Agree

Gazuntheit!

“Both (the San Diego and BYU games) have been very similar,” Few said. “It’s hard to pinpoint either one, offense or defense, because we’re not consistently getting stops (with the) way we started the game and the second half again. On offense, we find some success going one way and we just don’t keep doing that.”

I think the coach is talking about feeding the bigs PK and SD. I could be wrong.

absent a 5-10 year ncaa miss streak, mark few is leaving on his own terms. to suggest otherwise is crazy.

GU is smart enough to know you dont replace a guy unless you have someone better lined up... pretty sure they dont have that. and assuming the next guy on the bench could step in and be the CEO with greater success is crazy as well... if these assistants were that good, they wouldnt be sitting on the bench next to few, they'd be building their own programs.

I'm not a huge few guy (mostly because of his apparent attitude), but he's a great fit for the university and program... once you get past the crazy notion that GU should be playing into the top 15 and second weekend of the tournament more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by cbbfanatic View Post
    absent a 5-10 year ncaa miss streak, mark few is leaving on his own terms. to suggest otherwise is crazy.

GU is smart enough to know you dont replace a guy unless you have someone better lined up... pretty sure they dont have that. and assuming the next guy on the bench could step in and be the CEO with greater success is crazy as well... if these assistants were that good, they wouldnt be sitting on the bench next to few, they'd be building their own programs.

I'm not a huge few guy (mostly because of his apparent attitude), but he's a great fit for the university and program... once you get past the crazy notion that GU should be playing into the top 15 and second weekend of the tournament more often than not.
    Agreed. I'm not a big fan of few. But I don't want him fired or to leave to a different job.

This "Few is the issue" crap is garbage---nobody on this board is more emotionally invested in the winning or losing of the Zags than I......but blaming Few every time Shyt goes wrong is a joke----FANatics always know more than the coach and the players and that is why we have jobs outside of basketball....because of our high bball IQ----get real------they see every minute of practice and watch each game several times over and know who should or should not be on the court-----what gain does Few have if he loses? It's simple socioeconomics, he's got great motivation to win every game and will plan to do so

Few and his team have kept our favorite team from the inland northwest, nationally relevant for years----a nearly impossible task----just open your eyes and look around---I'm not saying I don't curse the TV when the players I want to see in the game are not in and so on---but after the emotions are cooled what we have here is damn good----Nice run the last 20 years---- Valpo, George Mason, St Joe's, Butler...nobody has been more consistent than GU

Quote Originally Posted by cbbfanatic View Post

Not attacking here just a question. What is his apparent attitude?

Quote Originally Posted by demian View Post
    Agreed. I'm not a big fan of few. But I don't want him fired or to leave to a different job.
    In the spirit of discussion, if you are not a big fan Few why would you not want him to leave? Is there anything that will occur that would change your opinion of him?

Seems the very fact that we are having a discussion like this gives me the impression there are those who would like to have a coaching change.

While people haven't come out and said it directly, this is an indirect way to say it. Criticisms (from amateurs non-the-less) are an indirect way to say that there are better options out there and that people aren't happy with what they have or the current situation.

Would be a big mistake if it were to happen. I'm very glad to hear there is unwavering support from the administration.

SWZag

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!