• Bhaskar

6 5.88%
  • Nunez

1 0.98%
  • GBJ

0 0%
  • Seniors !!

20 19.61%

Thread: - - -GUnit of the Game - - - (Senior night vs LMU)

Default - - -GUnit of the Game - - - (Senior night vs LMU)

THANK YOU SENIORS!!

QUICK RANDOM QUESTION- Not that this matters at all, but I'm curious if I'm the only person that saw this. Sometime around 12-13 minute mark of the 2nd half, Pangos curled off of a screen from Karno (I think? May have been Dower) and hit a jumper for his 16th point. I am 90% sure he was at least a foot inside the three point line! But two refs signaled the 'three', and they gave us 3 points. I even rewound it and watched again. Maybe I missed something, but I just thought it was odd. Didn't even look close.

ESPN BOX SCORE
    Last edited by RenoZag; 02-15-2014 at 07:53 PM. Reason: added box score
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Shoutout to Brian for a rebound and the three! Also Great to see how supportive this team is of one another!

Is there gonna be a "seniors" choice? Otherwise Dower. Huge line for him.

Damn, we are going to miss Sam. I hate this part of college hoops. David had a great career at GU.
    Let's go Brandon!!!

Sam for sure with a huge senior night honorable mention to DS, Barham, and Bhaskar.

I thought the announcers made a great point Sam's ability to play behind so many great players over his career. He never complained, never talked of leaving, was never anything but a great teammate. All the while, he kept getting better, and tonight he showed just how dominant he can be. I really appreciate all Sam has done for Gonzaga and I'm glad he played so well in his final home game.

Obviously Sam as Mr. Production but no way not to give it to all seniors on Senior night.

Gave Bhaskar some love in the poll, but Dower for real, though the seniors all were great tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    THANK YOU SENIORS!!

QUICK RANDOM QUESTION- Not that this matters at all, but I'm curious if I'm the only person that saw this. Sometime around 12-13 minute mark of the 2nd half, Pangos curled off of a screen from Karno (I think? May have been Dower) and hit a jumper for his 16th point. I am 90% sure he was at least a foot inside the three point line! But two refs signaled the 'three', and they gave us 3 points. I even rewound it and watched again. Maybe I missed something, but I just thought it was odd. Didn't even look close.

ESPN BOX SCORE
    We saw that too Woohoo! I replayed it and it wasn't even close to a '3' from that angle.... Not sure why they called it a '3', except for the fact they were right there, lol..... but it sure seemed odd.
    "Blake Stepp had a reputation for saying little. That's probably because he had to clench his teeth and wince so much, playing through the pain."
    -Tales From the Gonzaga Hardwood

Sam is becoming (or has been these last couple of games) the 'go to guy'! Every game he seems more unstoppable- especially on offense and tonight with 15 boards (wow!). Nice game and G unit goes unarguably to Sam, IMO....
    Last edited by 2wiceright; 02-15-2014 at 11:14 PM. Reason: change #
    "Blake Stepp had a reputation for saying little. That's probably because he had to clench his teeth and wince so much, playing through the pain."
    -Tales From the Gonzaga Hardwood

SD was great. Gave the nod to the seniors.
    "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

THANK YOU SENIORS!!

ESPN BOX SCORE
    Yep, saw that too. Max must have been asleep along with his staff to miss that one.
    One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

SAM
    "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you can never know if they are genuine"---Abraham Lincoln.

Sam Dower. 25 and 15. I'm disappointed it wasn't unanimous for his last game in K2. But what a game he had, from the beginning to the end. He played with fire and zeal all game long. He was ripping down rebounds. I hope he can remember the energy he played with tonight. Great game same. Keep it up.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

THANK YOU SENIORS!!

ESPN BOX SCORE
    They went back & changed it to a 2

if this was any other night but senior night I would go with Sam Dower ... but it was senior night and I voted for the seniors
    The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

I went with Sam tonight, but was soooo tempted to go with Seniors!!!

Since I really avoid starting new threads, I thought I'd just add to this one the links to the senior speeches on You Tube for those of us outside the immediate Spokane area. Here's a couple. There are others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9prHUdAU0k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJzUMAo5Gkc

Quote Originally Posted by Zagineer View Post

Since I really avoid starting new threads, I thought I'd just add to this one the links to the senior speeches on You Tube for those of us outside the immediate Spokane area. Here's a couple. There are others.

Thanks for these videos, Brian's interview was great!

I went with Dower over Seniors. Honorable mention to Bhaskar who was the second leading senior scorer last night. Strange but true.

Sam the senior

Quote Originally Posted by Zagineer View Post

Zagineer,

THANK YOU for posting those to sites...

Seems like we(me) never get to see those clips on Root or ESPN...made the season that much more enjoyable!