Thread: This is Rivalry Week on ESPN

Default This is Rivalry Week on ESPN

And for the first time in a long, long time the Zags are not a part of it. In years past, the schedulers would line up Pepperdine and Gonzaga back when Pepp was the rival, then St. Mary's and Gonzaga. Just a little something I noticed. It actually feels kinda nice not being in the spotlight two weeks in a row. I suspect Gonzaga will be part of Judgment Week later this month.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    And for the first time in a long, long time the Zags are not a part of it. In years past, the schedulers would line up Pepperdine and Gonzaga back when Pepp was the rival, then St. Mary's and Gonzaga. Just a little something I noticed. It actually feels kinda nice not being in the spotlight two weeks in a row. I suspect Gonzaga will be part of Judgment Week later this month.
    I noticed the same thing. I remember when I first the announcer talk about RIVALRY WEEK, I was like, "How can this be rivalry week when we aren't playing St. Mary's" They have St Mary's playing BYU Saturday.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

I am okay with it. After losing to Memphis we needed to come home and take care of business. Then after that, we get to go play on the road to close the season

Is it Basketball Time in Spokane yet? Go Zags!!!!
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Duke/UNC is cancelled today.
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

It makes sense seeing as we have no legitimate rival. SMC was second place, that's the only reason we have been "rivals."
    "After holding open practices during his first three seasons, Romar closed them to reporters last season, citing the "Gonzaga factor." He felt his team was compromised before the 2004-05 game against the Zags, that the opponent awaiting him and beating him 99-87 in Spokane seemed a little too well prepared."

espn's "rivalry week" is a joke. they take 2-3 real rivalries that would have happened this time of year anyway, and throw in a bunch of other loose (at best) rivalries, or just call already scheduled games "rivalries" hoping that people will tune in in higher #s if there is a perception of a real event going on.

Wow -- ESPN is marketing their product-- I can't imagine a company doing that.

Carry on.

I miss the snippets that the Seattle Zags would send us about their sport jocks over there bending over backwards to see who could put GU down with greatest prowess during the SMC/GU rivalry week.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.