Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Sabonis Update

Default Sabonis Update

According to Greg Crawford, Domantas Sabonis has narrowed his college choices down and Gonzaga is the solid front runner.

"BREAKING NEWS: Domantas Sabonis, son of #NBA bb star Arvydas has narrowed his 2014-15 college choices down, solid frontrunner being @ZagMBB"
    https://twitter.com/wchoops/status/428004807824003072

I wonder if this is what Bob was alluding to a couple of days ago?

Okay so now should I start getting interested? Lets see some vids and stats. Might be time to be excited.

And lets try to not muddle this thread with the Transfer word

Anyone have some baracades? We gotta shut Oregon out

Excited about this news. Hope we sign him

Who is Greg Crawford? I don't know how I can trust him if nothing comes up on Google but his twitter.
    "After holding open practices during his first three seasons, Romar closed them to reporters last season, citing the "Gonzaga factor." He felt his team was compromised before the 2004-05 game against the Zags, that the opponent awaiting him and beating him 99-87 in Spokane seemed a little too well prepared."

I would think that Karno (and Elias, if he spoke to him) could help.

Karno seems pretty happy with his decision - - love it if Sabonis came.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Here's a recent vid of Sabonis throwing down a jam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i8dI...ature=youtu.be

Also, a really good write up on Sabonis from 11/2013: http://www.prospectnext.com/post/670...mantas-sabonis

Wow am I happy to hear this! This would be equivalent to landing a 4 or 5 star recruit from the US. Perkins, Melson, Sabonis and Alberts would be an unbelievable class that, after all the craziness of the 2014 recruiting, I would be thrilled to end up with.

Huge get for the program if this happens. Solidifies the front court for the foreseeable future with Shem, Witjs, Nunez, Edwards, Meilke and Sabonis. I likey......

one have some baracades? We gotta shut Oregon out
    There might be programs bigger than Oregon to shut out the longer his recruitment goes on.

Someone on this board mentioned he is up to 6-11 now. Not sure if this is accurate.

Default 100%

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    There might be programs bigger than Oregon to shut out the longer his recruitment goes on.

Someone on this board mentioned he is up to 6-11 now. Not sure if this is accurate.
    It is 100% accurate. He has grown.
    Let's go Brandon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    He has also plays in the euroleague, so no getting use better D1 comp as he would actually going down a notch or two in comp from what he is currently playing.
    ----
    Why not try Love Poems. They work to prime the pump.

seems like hes more than comfortable attacking in traffic. That seems to be a trait that you dont usually get even with a 4 star recruit by his second year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumblingbulldog View Post
    According to Greg Crawford, Domantas Sabonis has narrowed his college choices down and Gonzaga is the solid front runner.

"BREAKING NEWS: Domantas Sabonis, son of #NBA bb star Arvydas has narrowed his 2014-15 college choices down, solid frontrunner being @ZagMBB"
    https://twitter.com/wchoops/status/428004807824003072
    "Solid" is the key word here. Tommy won't let him slip away.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

This morning has been full of great news---it makes flying out to Chicago tomorrow am almost bearable.

Go Zags

This is promising. In my opinion, our front court is shaping up pretty well.

Karnowski is solid.
    Wiltjer is pretty darn good and who knows if he'll pull an Olynyk during his redshirt year.
    We're already getting quality back up minutes from Edwards (IMHO)
    Nunez has great potential, especially as a rebounding shot blocker. One hell of an athlete also.

Adding Sabonis to the mix provides a lot of depth.

The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Default VERY Solid addition to already solid class

This young man is very impressive-he must be considered in the context of being able to learn at least one year from Karno and Wiltjer and Zags who come back to assist occasionally....aka Olynyk
    Casey, Ronnie, and others. If I were him I would be looking at my chances of getting better and getting tips from pros like Ronnie and Kelly and Adam along with solid coaching staff and track record of developing bigs.

Given his level of competition and size, he will immediately be able to play at a high level!

Not to mention his genes are awesome!

This would give us a top 5 class when you factor in Wiltjer's immediate readiness to play AND would give us the option to bang with the Michigan States of the world in the Big Dance. Also it would make Edwards that much better when he practices every day against these guys! At times we could move Wiltjer to wing and play twin towers type of offense.

I really feel Edwards and Meikle are sleepers in the making with much to contribute as well !!( may allow Edwards an Meikle to either redshirt or at least get awesome practice time in this summer.

If we get him- not saying its a done deal yet- we become top 10 pre-season next year and possibly top 5 and will be competing more on the national stage again!

Thanks for the update.

Oh my goodness I don't think I have drooled from a prospects video like I am right now, especially when it looks like he is going to be ours. Those outlet passes are unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    "Solid" is the key word here. Tommy won't let him slip away.
    Great job Tommy!

Would be a great get. BTW: Is it just my imagination, or are we recruiting almost exclusively left handed bigs?
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Quote Originally Posted by exclusivelee View Post
    Anyone have some baracades? We gotta shut Oregon out
    There was a lot of talk about Sabonis on the Oregon boards last summer and fall, and some people there thought they were in the running then, esp with his father's connection to the state. Nothing there in the last few months about him; makes it sound like he's eliminated them.

Maybe he decided that Oregons conference play results were not what he wanted to be a part of-- they have gone 2-5 to start- plus they do have another PF and a C coming in next year.

Reminds me of Luke Meikle's youtube highlights.
    What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?