Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: The BBQ Thread

Default The BBQ Thread

Pork butt today.

Two hours in.

Four and a half hours in.

Done and pulled!

Last edited by Corky; 11-13-2016 at 03:32 PM.

I have a 17 pound whole USDA Prime Beef Brisket. I am going to prepare it using this recipe:

https://rdougwicker.com/2013/04/10/smoked-brisket/

I have an electric smoker and plan to follow the tips in the linked recipe.

Plan is to have this hunk of moo available for an Open House beginning at Noon, 1/1/17. At 90 minutes per pound, I am allowing 25 hours in the smoker

Any tips would be appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

RENO
    Last edited by RenoZag; 12-31-2016 at 06:23 AM.

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Once you have it good and smoked, don't be afraid to finish in the oven if you are getting tight on time.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

I did finish it in the oven but not because of time; the smoker took a dump sometime between 11:00pm on the 31st and 6:00am the 1st. Moved the whole thing to my kitchen oven and it turned out just fine. Had lots of positive feedback from my guests and plenty of left-overs for brisket sliders today at work.

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

A plus of COVID is that I got to do a turkey for Thanksgiving. We normally go to my in laws and my mother in law does the turkey.

I did it in the Green Egg and it came out sensationally. I brined it the night before and rubbed it with herb rub with fresh herbs from my herb pot. It had a nice bright pink smoke ring all around and had an almost smoked ham flavor on the out side. Plenty moist and the broth was perfect for an au jus gravy.

I do need to work on getting temp controlled better. I got the smoker up to 325, but when I put both the turkey and the drip pan full of vegetables and water in it, the smoker struggled to get back up to temperature. Had to reload it with fresh charcoal and open it up wide for quite a while.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time