Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The BBQ Thread

Did some lamb chops last weekend. I have a cast iron plate setter I can use as a griddle as well. Got that up to about 700 and threw the chops on for about a minute or so on each side to put a char on them. Then I pulled them off and cooled the grill down to about 400 and put some apple wood chunks on the fire. I placed chops back in the grill on a raised grid. I propped them up on their smooth bone so the were basically standing up on the grill.

It took about 15 minutes to get them up to 120, plenty of time to absorb some smoke. Came out very nicely.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Kitz, I noticed that the dumpy little Safeway on Braddock right by the beltway was selling Yeungling Black and Tan BBQ sauce.
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    Kitz, I noticed that the dumpy little Safeway on Braddock right by the beltway was selling Yeungling Black and Tan BBQ sauce.
    Looks like they started a line. Might have to try the wing sauce.

http://blog.zagat.com/2013/01/yuengl...ing-sauce.html
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

We just cooked a prime rib roast on our weber rotisserie.

http://www.dadclooksdinner.com/2009/...rib-roast-html

It was really good, but a little beyond medium rare which we prefer.

Served it with my favorite roasted-potatoes-with-asparagus.
    http://www.tasteofhome.com/frecipes/...-and-asparagus

I cooked the potatoes, then pulled them out and put them back in with the asparagus while the roast rested for 15 minutes.
    ZaGranny
    Formerly ID ZAGFAN--now officially ZaGranny.

I got a 10 lb packer cut brisket for the Memorial Day weekend. Probably the biggest piece of meat I have tried smoking. We have guests coming over at around 3:00 today, so I put it on the Egg at 12:30 last night. It looks like it will be done around noon today, so timing is pretty good.

Used Montreal Steak Seasoning with some brown sugar as my rub. Might have to take some photos here shortly.
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Done

- Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    Done
    Cheers!
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Please tell me some of you chefs have special plans for grilled animals and whatnot this weekend.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

BBQ pork spare ribs. Haven't decided which of my smokers I will use. . .have a good Fourth of July !!

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Default The BBQ Thread

Bronto ribs today with Oakridge Santa Maria Rub.

Tomorrow is burgers and dogs for lunch and pulled pork sannies for dinner. Making those on the Costco Pretzel Buns with Blues Hogg Tennessee Red sauce and Coleslaw.

One hour in. Using Mesquite and Pecan for smoke. A spritz of Apple Juice, Worcestershire, and Orville Redenbacker Buttery Popcorn Oil for the spritz.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pork butts ready for the foil.

We're grilling a salmon fillet, then seasoning it with a compound lemon and garlic butter and serving my favorite macaroni salad--which handily has the pasta, veggies, cheese, and pickles all covered.

ZaGranny
    Formerly ID ZAGFAN--now officially ZaGranny.

Pulled pork with Blues Hogg Tennessee Red sauce and coleslaw on a pretzel roll.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    BBQ is proof God wants us to be happy.
    Thought that was beer?
    If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

Quote Originally Posted by Corky View Post
    Pulled pork with Blues Hogg Tennessee Red sauce and coleslaw on a pretzel roll.

Excellent work! I have to try my hand at a pork butt.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by UberZagFan View Post
    Thought that was beer?
    1 and 1(a). . .

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

First year in a long time I wasn't home for the 4th. So the grilling was left up to someone else. We had pretty standard stuff burgers, brats, hot dogs, and chicken. The best thing I ate was Amish potato salad. Pretty sure its just regular potato salad but with lots of mustard and sugar added.
    We got home early Sunday and I grill-smoked salmon for dinner. It turned out really good somewhere between cold-smoked and hot-smoked salmon is the only way I can describe it. I need to start taking pictures but I am probably the only person left who doesn't have a smart phone.
    You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroop22 View Post
    ...We had pretty standard stuff burgers, brats, hot dogs, and chicken.
    For the 4th I did spiral Kobe dogs in Old South BBQ sauce alongside spicy jerk chicken, while my father-in-law did top sirloin.

The other night I blackened halibut for tacos, which were dressed up in lime-infused crème fraîche, melon salsa, black beans, cilantro and habanero.

...I am probably the only person left who doesn't have a smart phone.
    Certainly on the endangered species list.

My daughter loves spiral dogs. Did you find the Kobe dogs locally or was it an internet purchase? I think No-Li used to have them on their menu.
    You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

I smoked some burgers. My wife got some gourmet burgers so I put them on the Egg at about 250 with some apple and mesquite. Took about 30 min to get them to 150 internal. Came out very well. Definitely took the smoke flavor and were not dry. Having bacon in them helped I am sure.

- Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Did you find the Kobe dogs locally or was it an internet purchase?
    Huckleberry's, from whence all good things come.

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    GU03, found it at Giant. Giving it a try on some baby back ribs tonight.

- Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Anyone going to bbq for Christmas dinner? Prime Rib is on the menu for us but I am not going to bbq it. There has been talk of me smoking a turkey breast for a relative who wont eat red meat.

Anyone going to bbq for Christmas dinner?
    Traditionally I grill up lobster tails and NY strips when visiting my in-laws in AZ.

Anyone going to bbq for Christmas dinner? Prime Rib is on the menu for us but I am not going to bbq it. There has been talk of me smoking a turkey breast for a relative who wont eat red meat.
    I just ate some awesome ribs that my dad made.
    Bring back the OCC