1 0.88%
  • Karnowski

0 0%
  • Draino

0 0%
  • Someone else (who?)

2 1.77%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: - - -GUnit of the game- - - (BYU)

Quote Originally Posted by U Zig, I Zag View Post
    These Zags don't recover well. Stockton got my vote, despite great playing by a lot of guys. Stockton doesn't do his thing in the first half and show the rest of the team how to go at BYU then, frankly, I think we lose.
    really good point made here...

hard to discount senior leadership by example.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    You're welcome.
    Good job. Unanimity is unAmerican.

I voted for pangos, like just about everyone else, really a no brainer..........but my first half vote would have gone to david Stockton, I worry what could have been if we'd been down by 6 at half and byu had all the mo-jo.

off topic, but we had 21 assist and 7 turnovers, that has to be the best to/a ratio in years if not in a decade!

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post

off topic, but we had 21 assist and 7 turnovers, that has to be the best to/a ratio in years if not in a decade!
    Offense looked good, but BYU makes a lot of offenses look good. Headscratching how bad they are defensively.

Voted for Kevin but that Stocks dive to the floor to get the ball in the first half was the best hustle play of the game!

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    I voted for pangos, like just about everyone else, really a no brainer..........but my first half vote would have gone to david Stockton, I worry what could have been if we'd been down by 6 at half and byu had all the mo-jo.

I only have us down for 6 turnovers. Stockton 2. Shem 2. Nunez 2. Guess I missed one

None in second half
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

+1

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    Stockton was the GUnit of the first half, but Pangos takes it for the game.
    this
    Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
    Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
    Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    I only have us down for 6 turnovers. Stockton 2. Shem 2. Nunez 2. Guess I missed one

None in second half
    1 team turnover at 1:07 left in 2nd half... 10 second backcourt violation

Quote Originally Posted by exclusivelee View Post
    1 team turnover at 1:07 left in 2nd half... 10 second backcourt violation
    Ahhhhh yes

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post

None in second half
    The ESPN box Score agrees with you but has a total of "7" in the column. . .head scratcher

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Kevin seems to be getting better, he moved a bit better inside. Pangos was my pick. David was key in the first half, our free throw shooting was perfect. BYU does not play defense very well....thankfully. Haws is a class act. He tried to help Gary up after a collision and Sam got there first. We limited him to 2 3-point attempts...awesome. Fun game to watch, nice to see Gary back.
    CANADA LOVES THE ZAGS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    The ESPN box Score agrees with you but has a total of "7" in the column. . .head scratcher
    Team turnover doesn't show up in area for record just at bottom of their stat sheet in total column

It was Pangos for the game, but in one way it was Stockton for keeping us in the game so that Kevin could take over.

Voted for Pangos cuz he nailed those shots in the second half after serving up the dimes in the first half. But, man, ya gotta give it up for the twin point guard attack. Are you kidding me? Combine their stats. WOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NumberCruncher View Post
    Voted for Pangos cuz he nailed those shots in the second half after serving up the dimes in the first half. But, man, ya gotta give it up for the twin point guard attack. Are you kidding me? Combine their stats. WOW!!!
    Ying and the yang

A wonderful team win. I had thought our defense in the first half was poor until someone (Georgia?) pointed out how much lower BYU was than their scoring average.

We played with incredible efficiency - Pangos not missing makes things always easier, but it was nice to see Gary back to being aggressive - hitting threes and attacking the rim, if thse guys can do that with Barham and Draino playing well. . . we can be hard to beat.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

BYU was held 12 possessions under their average (78 )

Zags were at their average in possessions (66)

Pangos, but Davd was inspirational also. A great team effort.
    "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you can never know if they are genuine"---Abraham Lincoln.

I went with stocks. He showed the team the way. Aggressive and tough

No votes for Carlino ?

So many brackets, so little time.

Woohoo, the crowd was very involved. In fact with three minutes left in the game, the Kennel Club went into their "On You Feet" chant and the entire crowd (well not the BYU folks who were as well represented as any visiting team) got on their feet and stayed there until the end of the game. It's just such a huge difference having the kids there. No band, no cheerleaders and no Kennel Club for a month. more or less, is a travesty. I hope the GU folks have some input into the WCC schedule for next season so things even out a bit more.

PANGOS!

BTW, when was the last time Gonzaga as a team went 100% from the free throw line. 12-12!
    “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

Quote Originally Posted by Akzag View Post
    No votes for Carlino ?

I didn't vote for him, but he was truly a godsend. I cheered every time he came off the bench knowing something good would happen.

Pangos far and away wins tonight. All he did was ignore horrible pain to lead the team in scoring, shooting 60 percent from 3. He was tied for second in rebounds, had 7 assists, and a goose egg for turnovers! Add in a steal and tough D and we have an inspired team leader who wanted to help bring his team a victory tonight against (maybe not the next best team) the second most talented team in the WCC.

Great job to Stocks (one of his best games),& Sam scored well but could have rebounded better-yet not afraid to hit the floor for every lost ball. Bell would be a close second, still playing himself back into shape and putting up 14, perfect from the line, while helping hold Hawes to a pedestrian 23 point game....

Great team win. David makes this all possible when he hits a couple outside shots, then Gary shoots and gets hot, finally leaving Kevin to hobble (kidding) himself open and rain threes!!!! Go Zags!
    "Blake Stepp had a reputation for saying little. That's probably because he had to clench his teeth and wince so much, playing through the pain."
    -Tales From the Gonzaga Hardwood

Quote Originally Posted by Akzag View Post
    No votes for Carlino ?

Actually I cheer for Carlino to shoot. He hits nothing but rim, if that, making it basically what I like to call a "shooting turnover", LOL....
    "Blake Stepp had a reputation for saying little. That's probably because he had to clench his teeth and wince so much, playing through the pain."
    -Tales From the Gonzaga Hardwood