• Coleman

0 0%
  • Barham

0 0%
  • Another Zag ( and why )

3 2.22%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GUnit of the Game: St. Mary's - 1.02.2014

Karno on D and Pangos for everything else. karno would get outright nod if he had not missed 3 straight hooks over his left shoulder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Thoroughly spanking St. Mary's w/ in essance our 2nd team. What a fantastic belated Christmas present!

Karnivore was the King tonight

Big ups for Nunez, and really most of the team, but I've gotta go with Przemek.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Shem is clearly the Karnoivore

Voted Karno, he beasted and it was fun to watch. Loved when grabbed the offensive board and kicked it to Kyle, who hit an open Pangos for buckets behind the arc. Big play, great vision by the big guy.

What I am loving about Karno is that he really seems to be learning how to play lock down D without making the fouls. He puts his hands straight up, stays on his feet and positions his body very well. If the last couple of game are an indication that he is truly learning this stuff, then this guy truly is going to be a star center. And oh BTW, Edwards is showing some real stuff too. All smiles here.

Quote Originally Posted by tyra View Post
    What I am loving about Karno is that he really seems to be learning how to play lock down D without making the fouls. He puts his hands straight up, stays on his feet and positions his body very well. If the last couple of game are an indication that he is truly learning this stuff, then this guy truly is going to be a star center. And oh BTW, Edwards is showing some real stuff too. All smiles here.
    Karno and Edwards are a heckuva tandem under the basket, agreed.

Karno was a beast. He made Waldow look very pedestrian -- truly the Pillsbury Doughboy of SMC and WCC. The fang mouthpiece is the only thing scary about his game.

Karno will rule the WCC

Go Zags - Beat UOP!!
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

I saw a great game by a lot of different guys. Effort by Stockton to fight through what was clearly not a good night for him (I've never seen him stumble and lose his handle so much), Nunez showing some diversity in his skill set, Coleman showing he realizes he can kick it out to the shooters when the defense collapses around him, Barham showing some consistency...but Karnowski wins it. His presence was so important to our success last night, and anytime you get 7 blocks I'm gonna vote for you.

Karnowski was 1 rebound away from a double-double, and flirting with a triple-double.

Just because I still like seeing the box score for each game:

http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400506802

Sneaky Nunez didn't make a lot of noise while getting 8 rebounds. I'm liking that.

My honorable mention goes to Waldo this time. He really brought his worst effort, and I thank him. So much in fact that I had to commemorate the event with this masterpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Karno and Edwards are a heckuva tandem under the basket, agreed.
    Gave the GUnit to the freshman Edwards. Sure, he fouled out, but he obviously had the mind set that no one was going to score in the paint, not on his watch!

Waldo's look in the second half was priceless. Out goes "Shem Nasty", and in comes the "Enforcer". Posted yesterday that Waldo would be looking for himself. His search was unsuccessful. LOVE IT!

Go ZAGS!

Quote Originally Posted by rennis View Post
    My honorable mention goes to Waldo this time. He really brought his worst effort, and I thank him. So much in fact that I had to commemorate the event with this masterpiece.

hahahahahaha
    Go Zags!!!

I voted for Karno also, and was impressed with every Zag who played against St. Marys. My question is; Why is is so hard for some of you to give KD ANY credit for the things he brings to the floor EVERY night. Like it or not?, when KD is in that lineup?, everyone on the floor plays better. I am a TEAM guy myself, but I really think too many underestimate Kyle's value to this Gonzaga team and how much he will mean in the next two seasons.
    [/QUOTE]“Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team.”
    ― Scottie Pippen

Default This Gael fan needs to quit drinking......

I cut this off of the Gael Board. Delusional.......

"The real shame is the Zags were as soft as we'll see them in a long time and they just pulled our pants down.

The Zags were a shell of themselves, but their top shelf coach put in a good game plan, pressed the button, and they manned up with their backs to the wall.
    We went 0-3 there. That's really it.

We were fine 18-18 through 9 minutes with neither team playing well. We played poorly, didn't adjust, and the players cracked. Flat out, they broke. But we've got 16 more WCC games (plus Jessup!) and the Zags will drop 2-3 WCC games this year. I think this team can still win the WCC and our one and only shot at the post season in Vegas."

Quote Originally Posted by HillBillyZag View Post
    I voted for Karno also, and was impressed with every Zag who played against St. Marys. My question is; Why is is so hard for some of you to give KD ANY credit for the things he brings to the floor EVERY night. Like it or not?, when KD is in that lineup?, everyone on the floor plays better. I am a TEAM guy myself, but I really think too many underestimate Kyle's value to this Gonzaga team and how much he will mean in the next two seasons.

Let me try to answer that. First, we all concede he has improved and has been very effective in many games. But he is very inconsistent, even play to play. He can make a brilliant pass and then seconds later a bonehead defensive play or turnover. Last night was a good example. More than anything, however, he is still far too reluctant to shoot. It seems he has to check with the other four guys before he hoists up a shot. One thing you have to admit, Few has given him yards of leash this year, maybe more than any other non starter. Has he capitalized? Jury is still out. One play last night is emblematic. On a great steal he drives the basket, uncontested, and very nearly slips and misses the layup. With prospects coming in next year, KP and Bell and Coleman back, his minutes will be up for grabs.