110 76.92%
  • GBJ

6 4.20%
  • Stocks

3 2.10%
  • Someone else(who?)

1 0.70%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: - - -GUnit of the Game- - - (West Virginia)

Karno for sure. He looked like a different player the whole game.

Karno for sure. Props to Stockton for willing us back from the precipice and Pangos for getting us over the hump. Really great team effort. Karno had a bunch of blocks too with only 1 PF.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Mount Karnowski - great free throw night for the Mtn!
    A lotta luv going Pangos way too!

My vote goes to Stockton.

I had a tough time voting. I gave it to Karno. There were moments in Dowers defense, Stockton's 8 assists, Pangos's drive and GBJ's pure shooting that made it hard. Karno did it!

Karno - no doubt. We aren't close enough for Pangos to win it without Shem - - Plus - CLUTCH ft shooting. Brought us to within one by hitting 2 ft, from their it was Kevin time.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

in a close game each player had a key moment, but the game turned on pangos' 3 threes, enough said.

Karno had a great game and KP pulled it out for us, but I thought Bell had the best overall game.
    15 points, 9 boards, 2 steals and he had to defend their best player.
    "You can observe a lot just by watching"
    Yogi Berra

Karno gets my vote for a complete all around performance, especially not picking up his first foul until 1 minute left in the game. Way to go young man!

Pang, Stocks, Bell Jr., Draino, Sam all stepped up when we needed them. but Karno had his best game as a Zag, he got my vote. This win heightened my hopes for another great season for the Zags.

How could you not have an option to vote Stocks for player of the game??? He brought us back for the win.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by doctorzag View Post
    How could you not have an option to vote Stocks for player of the game??? He brought us back for the win.
    Mods: put the top 8 or so Zags with reasonable p.t., pls. and let the votes land where they may. please.
    Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
    Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
    Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Absolutely loved the way Pangos overcame that bad shooting game (and hostile crowd) at the end, but had to go with Karno because he kept it all together there with Dower out. I still think he's a little rough around the edges (don't like the way he falls away from the basket most of the time when shooting those hooks, etc.) but he was better than expected at the free throw line. I have to give some credit there also to Stockton - he really had the determination and was the aggressor when that comeback started...

Karno's rebounding and efficient scoring were huge, but his defense was big, too. He blocked two shots and altered a few more around the rim. The Mountaineer bigs never looked comfortable trying to score in the paint when he was near. It was the best defensive game I've seen out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Karno deserves it for going 7/8 from the foul line alone!
    Same thought I had!
    Don't call it a comeback....

Got to hand it to Shem, first dbl-dbl when it mattered.
    "Reaching into his bag and taking out a stone, he slung it and struck..."

Quote Originally Posted by doctorzag View Post
    Exactly why I voted for Stockton. Karnowski had a great game and he deserves the honor, but leaving Stockton out was inappropriate in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by scott257 View Post
    Exactly why I voted for Stockton. Karnowski had a great game and he deserves the honor, but leaving Stockton out was inappropriate in my opinion.
    Listen friends, leaving someone out isn't a knock on their game at all. Stocks played well. But I made the assumption that he wouldn't be near as popular of a vote for POG as these others. Next time I'll just stick em all up their, sheesh. Not a big deal. Great game Stocks and all, that was a hard-fought comeback at a very hostile venue. Gotta love it.
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

I had to give it to Karno. He played a great game. His best this year, and he did it when we really needed him. His first double-double as a Zag. WVU was pretty big down low, and they had three beasts to beat up on PK. He also blocked the middle for much of the game when those penetrating guards were slicing up the Zags' defense.

Karno just edged Pangos by a nose because Kevin "willed us to victory." He hit those three straight shots that kind of broke WV's back. And Pangos just edges Gary Bell out by an inch. Gary was so solid as he usually is. His defense was awesome, but his rebounding was something else. He was so tough on the boards. The Zags were really vulnerable when they went to that 4 guard (Pangos, Stockton, Bell and Dranginis) offense. We were really vulnerable on the boards and on the inside on D. These runts pulled off the victory, and Gary was dominating the boards with some very good help from Kyle.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    Listen friends, leaving someone out isn't a knock on their game at all. Stocks played well. But I made the assumption that he wouldn't be near as popular of a vote for POG as these others. Next time I'll just stick em all up their, sheesh. Not a big deal. Great game Stocks and all, that was a hard-fought comeback at a very hostile venue. Gotta love it.
    Sounds like the right thing to do.

PK! That's what I am talking about!! Way to bring it to another level big fella! :applause:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

I voted for Karnowski, but I might have voted for "zone defense" if that was an option.

I voted for Pangos who was very deserving for creating a scoring gap with his threes, but I am still high on adrenalin and if my brain were functioning,I think it would vote for Karno, who showed a consistent effort and increased agility.

Proud of Stocks, KD, GBJ, Dower and the team.

The animation coming from The Bench goes a long way to help diffuse a hostile atmosphere. Go Bench!

I had to go with Karnowski, if for no other reason than hitting that shot running out of bounds under the basket. That is not something that you ever expect to see from someone his size. But really, the reason why I voted for him is that he finally played like someone his size WITHOUT losing his focus (honorable mention to the refs for actually calling fouls on guys when they were fouling him and not just letting it go like usual). If he can play this well, and Edwards can come along, I really like our chances. Oh, and I'll give him an OH YEAH for going 7-8 from the line.