Thread: WSU

Default WSU

Not that good, honestly.

Some good athletes, some individual good play.Great freshman point guard.

Not a good team.

Looks like Dayton will be the first true test.

Honestly, I would trade our guards for theirs... I mean, look at all that length and athleticism!!!! /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by BTB View Post
    Honestly, I would trade our guards for theirs... I mean, look at all that length and athleticism!!!! /sarcasm
    Glad you added the tag. WSU a .500 team, at best this season.

You are saying their 6'4", 6'7" and 6'3" guards held us to 56.5% from 3?

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Not that good, honestly.

Some good athletes, some individual good play.Great freshman point guard.

Not a good team.

Looks like Dayton will be the first true test.
    Demean your opponent you demean your Team.

Just my opinion.

Go!! Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigblahla View Post
    Demean your opponent you demean your Team.

Let me know when the TEAM proves itself to you I'll be on pins and needles waiting, it will make my season when F1dog says we finally win a game that counts.

Just my opinion.

Go!! Zags!!!
    Give me a break.

Did you think WSU was a good team?

My point was the game tells us nothing about our team. The win for GU was effortless, IMHO, because WSU isn't very good.

You are saying their 6'4", 6'7" and 6'3" guards held us to 56.5% from 3?
    Well if you leave guys wide open for 3 after 3, you could start five 7 footers that move as fast as Chris Paul, and all that length and athleticism wouldn't matter. You have be within the vicinity of the shot.

The Cougars just flat out stunk defensively tonight. The Zags basically conducted a shooting drill tonight.

And on offense, they hucked up way too many 3 pointers. Although they lack a major insider presence, they have a couple of guys down there who are reasonably skilled. Their guards need to drive the ball more. They had some success with that in the 1st half (Stocks was abused on several occasions) but they got away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Give me a break.

Did you think WSU was a good team?

My point was the game tells us nothing about our team. The win for GU was effortless, IMHO, because WSU isn't very good.
    Effortless? Really?

We see the game with different eyes you call it effortless and I say the team worked their butts off to secure the win. They ran hard, played hard and dominated the game through their hard work. THEY EARNED THE VICTORY and when anyone dismisses it the way you did it pisses me off because I respect the game and know how hard it is to do what they did tonight. Sorry but you don't get to dismiss this victory you think what you want it's your right just like it's my right to call BS on your post.

If you learned nothing watching this team tonight then you won't be learning much watching any game in the future.

DEMEAN YOUR OPPONENT AND YOU DEMEAN YOUR TEAM!

Just my opinion.

Go!! Zags!!!

I don't think "effortless" was the right word......perhaps one born of excitement.
    Words of wisdom from the Bla!!

Effortless? Really?

We see the game with different eyes you call it effortless and I say the team worked their butts off to secure the win. They ran hard, played hard and dominated the game through their hard work. THEY EARNED THE VICTORY and when anyone dismisses it the way you did it pisses me off because I respect the game and know how hard it is to do what they did tonight. Sorry but you don't get to dismiss this victory you think what you want it's your right just like it's my right to call BS on your post.

If you learned nothing watching this team tonight then you won't be learning much watching any game in the future.

Just my opinion.

Go!! Zags!!!
    Great post. couldn't agree with you more, nor could I say it as well as you did. So I will just say, "ditto."

Go Zags!!!

one original thought...I thought Gary Bell took Lacey out early and it was like popping their balloon. They could never get on track really. Gary Bell certainly was not playing effortlessly.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Effortless? Really?

Just my opinion.

Go!! Zags!!!
    I actually want to say I agree with former1dog on one thing only, WSU is not a very good team. As I watched that game unfold I thought to myself at a few different times, "gosh this WSU roster is a PAC 12 roster, this is gonna be a tough year for them". I agree with former1dog on that statement. Now as for the "effortless" statement I must say I totally agree with bigblahla and reborn on there resonses. This was a great overall team effort by the zags. Guys played hard. guys dived on floor for loose balls, guys ran the floor well, guys were very active offensively and defensively. Good effort by the team in my opinion. Good win. Dayton will be tough as heck. That's a good program with some good history of success, they will be a great measure for us to see where we are at.

FWIW - WSU is picked to finish dead last in the Pac 12 this year in the preseason coaches poll. I suppose some folks might wonder why GU didn't blow them out by 30. However, it's a rivalry game. There are some years where there is a huge disparity between North Carolina and Duke in terms of the quality of their respective teams, but the games end up closer than expected.

Default Apology to F1dog

Effortless? Really?

Just my opinion.

Go!! Zags!!!
    1st-The guy who wrote the post above must have been pissed off like he said.

2nd- if you notice I had removed my snarky comment from the original post because I had thought it too harsh.

3rd- I wouldn't have posted another word but took major exception to your reply and like Doc think now that you probably didn't want to use the word effortless to convey your opinion.

With over 15,000 posts you are either a great Zag fan or extremely annoying. I'll go with the great Zag fan choice. So from one Zag fan to another I apologize for the comment, which I deleted, in my original post. My original post as it sits now is all that should have been said. Peace.

Go!! Zags!!!
    Last edited by bigblahla; 11-22-2013 at 04:38 AM.

F1 is a great Zag fan and a judicious poster, Blah. I'm pleased you now see that. All is well in Zagaland then.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Well if you leave guys wide open for 3 after 3, you could start five 7 footers that move as fast as Chris Paul, and all that length and athleticism wouldn't matter. You have be within the vicinity of the shot.

The Cougars just flat out stunk defensively tonight. The Zags basically conducted a shooting drill tonight.

And on offense, they hucked up way too many 3 pointers. Although they lack a major insider presence, they have a couple of guys down there who are reasonably skilled. Their guards need to drive the ball more. They had some success with that in the 1st half (Stocks was abused on several occasions) but they got away from it.
    I was amazed at how often throughout the game, GU wings and guards were rotating into an open spot at the 3pt line behind dribble penetration. That had to be killing Bone.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

1st-The guy who wrote the post above must have been pissed off like he said.

2nd- if you notice I had removed my snarky comment from the original post because I had thought it too harsh.

3rd- I wouldn't have posted another word but took major exception to your reply and like Doc think now that you probably didn't want to use the word effortless to convey your opinion.

With over 15,000 posts you are either a great Zag fan or extremely annoying. I'll go with the great Zag fan choice. So from one Zag fan to another I apologize for the comment, which I deleted, in my original post. My original post as it sits now is all that should have been said. Peace.

Go!! Zags!!!

BTW, just because he is a great Zag fan doesn't mean he still isn't extremely annoying!

'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Effortless was a bad word choice.

That said, it will take a lot more effort to beat a good team than it took for our Bulldogs to beat WSU, who is not a very good team.

No biggie BigBlahla, I still love you.

We shut down Lacy the entire game.
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    We shut down Lacy the entire game.
    When he scored 6 points in 2 seconds I wasn't thinking the same thing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rennis View Post
    When he scored 6 points in 2 seconds I wasn't thinking the same thing...
    Right, and neither was I and the game was actually somewhat close. Besides that 6 points in 2 seconds, he really didnt' do a whole lot.
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.