Thread: My Connor Griffin Picture Set (Lake Oswego HS)

Default My Connor Griffin Picture Set (Lake Oswego HS)

Slideshow Link on Flickr

I shot several Lake Oswego games over the last few seasons, and have some great pics of Connor Griffin.

(I didn't realize he was going to play hoops in college).

He did remind me a lot of Mike Hart, having to do plenty of athletic dirty-work in support of the team (and top-player in Oregon, Calvin Hermanson. They didn't have a typical center.)
    (A lot of these pics are defense or ball-chases).

One of the pics has Griffin on the ground, being consoled by a teammate. This was after Lake O's semi-final loss in the state tourney, after previously being unbeaten. The kid really cares, and worked hard to come back from injury.
    I really like him, and know he will contribute. He always "looked like a Zag" to me.

My Flickr Photo Collections

Well he certainly looks like a D1 athlete.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Great pics.
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Looks a little like Mike Hart too.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Default Thanks for the pics Wazz

I've seen it mentioned once before, yet wonder if many realize Connor suffered a horrific knee injury and subsequently, missed his entire Junior season. I wonder where he'd be if he would have participated in the NW AAU circuit or played between his Junior and Senior seasons -- maybe a scholarship player somewhere else. Blessing in disguise for him and Gonzaga? I believe so.

FWIW, while he wasn't a big scorer his Soph season, he was, indeed beginning to receive some recruiting interest -- both in football & basketball.

Connor was always known as the strongest, most natural athlete on the team. Always did the dirty work, defended the best player, rebounded without abandon, and could clean up around the rim (even dunk with ease).

He ended up putting together an excellent Senior season, even winning some games for them at the end. I want to say he averaged around 12-13 ppg and 7-8 rpg. He played PF and some Wing for Lake Oswego.

An underrated ball-handler as well. Mike Hart is definitely a very good. comparison. Connor is not quite as tall and brutish, he's significantly more athletic and just as active around the rim. The nose for the ball remains to be seen, yet sounds like we'll see him this season and be employed much like Hart was 2 years ago. 5-10 mins per game. A dose of glue. Energy. Toughness when needed.

A player who can lift a team up or change momentum, just by how he plays on the court.

Very excited about this kids potential -- in the mold of a Mike Nilson of Mike Hart, which is a HUGE compliment and exactly how he views himself from what I've heard.

Thank you for the pics Wazz and the input Goshzagit--- his position played in high school explains his ability to finish through the contact around the rim during the exhibition.

We have a good one.

Go Zags

He looks like he could be giving GBJ fits in practice. I hope so.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Connor and Coleman against Kevin and Gary in practice will only make them all better in the long run.

Gosh-

Thanks. I didn't know any of that. When we think of walkons, rightly or wrongly, we think, very skilled, slow, short, small, weak and he does not "look" like a walk on. Missing out a junior season is everything - for all we know, we have an otherwise legitimate D1 recruit on our team right now - he was a star for a high level program in Oregon. No bigger compliment than being "Hart-Like" and he almost resembles him. Plus, I am not sure that Hart walked on to campus any more muscled than this young man. Big difference between what we see in high school pix and a 5th year senior.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

More analysis

http://www.oregonprepsports.net/boys...e-nwsportsguru

"Connor Griffin, 6’4 Senior guard/forward, Lake Oswego H.S. – This all-state wide receiver missed last season due to a serious knee injury, but he has rebounded to form this year as a super athletic scorer for the 2nd place Lakers. I’m unsure if Griffin will play football or baseball in college, but he is athletic enough to have success at the Division I level in either sport."

Had to watch his highlight video one more time also....His awareness and anticipation is outstanding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5t470T5ENs