Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Chase Jeter, 2015 6'10 F/C Offered by Gonzaga

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10,847

    Default Chase Jeter, 2015 6'10 F/C Offered by Gonzaga

    Chase Jeter, 2015 6'10 F/C Offered by Gonzaga

    https://twitter.com/PremierBall/stat...97536315719681


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,463

    Default

    Isn't that the HS that produces all kinds of good players?

    Not many 6'10 juniors in HS running around.

    Staff's been busy. Maybe trying to get all these things out of the way before games start.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10,847

    Default

    Whoa. Highly ranked:

    #19 on Scout, #19 on 24/7 Sports, #21 on Rivals, #36 on ESPN

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by exclusivelee View Post
    Whoa. Highly ranked:

    #19 on Scout, #19 on 24/7 Sports, #21 on Rivals, #36 on ESPN
    Wow.

    What is that quacking sound I hear?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Wow.

    What is that quacking sound I hear?
    Might be Gorman grad Ben Carter (UO soph). There was a story a couple days ago on Duckterritory about Jeter, btw, so they appear to have offered.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Wow.

    What is that quacking sound I hear?
    Sorry. I'll move my wallet.
    It's not funny.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,552

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    1,314

    Default

    This kid would be one helluva a pickup. Great feet and very skilled from the looks of it. Obviously won't be easy but definately worth the push.
    America's Team!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Sorry. I'll move my wallet.
    Very seldom do people really laugh when they lol - - but I really did, so RLOL.

    I still hear quacking.

    This guy sounds like a great get, for whoever gets him.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    4,079

    Default

    I see the logic and the light of the Mark Few fly fishing philosophy at work in recruiting. Throws enough casts and we will get a bite on a big fish. I can see why the all the fly fishing trips are so useful now.

    Like Wayne Gretzkys hockey quote: "You miss 100% of the shots you never take."

    Mark Fews fishing quote: "You catch no fish on 100% of the casts you never make."
    “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,346

    Default

    Kansas, North Carolina, Cal, Arizona, UCLA, UNLV, Vanderbilt, USC, Boston College, Missouri, duke showing interest but no offer yet... and us.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    3,067

    Default "Offered"

    GU "offered" Chase Jeter. I "offered" Brooklyn Decker.

    I think my odds of getting her are better than the odds of GU getting Chase Jeter.

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...l-time/page/20

    Go Bulldogs!
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    14,645

    Default

    Once you get that tennis racket upside your head we probably won't be hearing from you as much, eh '75?
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10,847

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 75Zag View Post
    GU "offered" Chase Jeter. I "offered" Brooklyn Decker.

    I think my odds of getting her are better than the odds of GU getting Chase Jeter.!
    At least Gonzaga is shooting for the stars in the 2015 high school graduating class.

    It's better to strike out trying than to not try at all.

    If they didn't try, they wouldn't have landed Josh Perkins for the 2014 class.

    I'm thankful and eager to see how Gonzaga fares with the top 2015 recruits: Tyler Dorsey, Chase Jeter, and Chance Comanche... and even Kendall Small, Bennie Boatwright, Dejounte Murray, Rex Pflueger, Jeremy Hemsley, and Stephen Thompson

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by exclusivelee View Post
    At least Gonzaga is shooting for the stars in the 2015 high school graduating class.

    It's better to strike out trying than to not try at all.

    If they didn't try, they wouldn't have landed Josh Perkins for the 2014 class.

    I'm thankful and eager to see how Gonzaga fares with the top 2015 recruits: Tyler Dorsey, Chase Jeter, and Chance Comanche... and even Kendall Small, Bennie Boatwright, Dejounte Murray, Rex Pflueger, Jeremy Hemsley, and Stephen Thompson
    Exactly. When all the negative ninnies come around and call it a fool's errand, we can point to Perkins, also called a fool's errand.

    Good post.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,552

    Default

    A good quote to consider for a few on our board.

    “You Miss 100% of the Shots You Never Take.” Wayne Gretzky

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,346

    Default

    Just to be clear, I wasnt really naysaying, just pointing out that we arent the only ones to think he has something to offer.

    Regardless of the Sabonis rumors, Jeter and Comanche are the only bigs on our radar right now so I would say we are going in guns blazing on both of them.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Exactly. When all the negative ninnies come around and call it a fool's errand, we can point to Perkins, also called a fool's errand.

    Good post.
    And Wiltjer as well, for that matter. Or Downs. Sometimes you sow seeds and they lie fallow for a few years, and then sprout.

    There is no limit to the number of players you can offer, and no penalty for offering a player you don't get. Might as well aim high. Even if you don't get a player like Travis, just having your name on the finalist list seems like it would carry weight with other players.

    There are two players joining the active roster next year that had rankings close to Jeter's. Even if it's a 5 percent chance, it's worth at least showing some interest and seeing if it's mutual.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    And Wiltjer as well, for that matter. Or Downs. Sometimes you sow seeds and they lie fallow for a few years, and then sprout.

    There is no limit to the number of players you can offer, and no penalty for offering a player you don't get. Might as well aim high. Even if you don't get a player like Travis, just having your name on the finalist list seems like it would carry weight with other players.

    There are two players joining the active roster next year that had rankings close to Jeter's. Even if it's a 5 percent chance, it's worth at least showing some interest and seeing if it's mutual.
    That's a good post (per usual). And you know what? Why shouldn't we be in the conversation? We have a great record lately of escorting bigs into the NBA and it is only going to be getter in the next couple of years. Add to that the point about being on the receiving end of all those Perkins assists and I am pretty comfortable taking on any other coach and what they have to offer.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •