Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Jesse Wade commits

Don't misconscrue this, but it's hard for me to get too excited about Wade. He has HS this year, 2 years on his mission, then probably a year to get acclimated(redshirt?) That means it likely could be 2018-19 before he sees much time on the court for the Zags. It's hard enough for me to even plan ahead for next week let alone 4 years from now. When he gets here I hope he tears it up. I just hope I'm still around to see it.

I am always excited about our Zags ---before they are here, while they are here and after they have moved on to the next chapters in their lives.

That's why it is great to be part of the Zag family.

Go Zags

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Don't misconscrue this, but it's hard for me to get too excited about Wade. He has HS this year, 2 years on his mission, then probably a year to get acclimated(redshirt?) That means it likely could be 2018-19 before he sees much time on the court for the Zags. It's hard enough for me to even plan ahead for next week let alone 4 years from now. When he gets here I hope he tears it up. I just hope I'm still around to see it.
    I do understand that and I think the 2 years off could be a real... for lack of a better term and speaking basketball wise only "bad" thing. BUT the BYU guys that do it have come back and are better than ever. Plus aged, life wise leadership is a rare commodity on a NCAA basketball team. Ira Brown came in as a not great basketball player but what else he brought to the table was invaluable on a team full of young hot heads. So worst case scenario, we get a leader. Nothing about Jesse tells me that he wont be a major basketball player though even if it does take a little time to get back into the swing of things. Whgo he is starting his mission out with is going to help the athlete side of things as well I think.

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    I do understand that and I think the 2 years off could be a real... for lack of a better term and speaking basketball wise only "bad" thing. BUT the BYU guys that do it have come back and are better than ever. Plus aged, life wise leadership is a rare commodity on a NCAA basketball team. Ira Brown came in as a not great basketball player but what else he brought to the table was invaluable on a team full of young hot heads. So worst case scenario, we get a leader. Nothing about Jesse tells me that he wont be a major basketball player though even if it does take a little time to get back into the swing of things. Whgo he is starting his mission out with is going to help the athlete side of things as well I think.
    Hopefully a growth spurt as well. Going to be a tough transition back to Lilliputian guards after the likes of Jenks, Mac, Melson and Alberts.

Can always count on one fan to insult our incoming players before they have a chance to step on the court. I think your first call out was he was playing against inferior competition and that's why his season averages were higher---now he is too short.

He will be a solid addition to the team --even if he is 6' tall and plays against "inferior" completion that allows him to pad his stats.

Go Zags

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Can always count on one fan to insult our incoming players before they have a chance to step on the court. I think your first call out was he was playing against inferior competition and that's why his season averages were higher---now he is too short.

He will be a solid addition to the team --even if he is 6' tall and plays against "infJerior" completion that allows him to pad his stats.

Go Zags
    Right on both counts.

Eric Wade @ejwade7
    Awesome to have Coach Michaelson come to our home tonight! We LOVE all the GU coaches! Grateful to be ZAGS! #GoZags http://t.co/PLy0n0Ndoq

BMike made a detour out to see Jesse yesterday while he was out in Utah having an in-home visit with Brendan Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagacfen View Post
    Eric Wade @ejwade7
    Awesome to have Coach Michaelson come to our home tonight! We LOVE all the GU coaches! Grateful to be ZAGS! #GoZags http://t.co/PLy0n0Ndoq

BMike made a detour out to see Jesse yesterday while he was out in Utah having an in-home visit with Brendan Bailey
    Great pic. P.S. love the fact that you buried the lead. lol