Thread: Cory Violette replaces Matt Santangelo on the Gonzaga Basketball Radio Network

Default Cory Violette replaces Matt Santangelo on the Gonzaga Basketball Radio Network

Cory Violette replaces Matt Santangelo on the Gonzaga Basketball Radio Network
    Violette replaces another former Zag, Matt Santangelo, who was unable to continue as the analyst because of work responsibilities.

The Bulldogs also welcome KIXI-AM 880 in Seattle to the network, joining flagship station1510 KGA CBS Sports Radio in Spokane, 101.1 KEYF-FM in Spokane, ESPN 1490 in Walla Walla, Wash., KMAS 1030 in Shelton, Wash., KKRT 900 in Wenatchee, Wash. And KWIQ 1020 in Moses Lake, Wash.

“We are excited about Cory joining the broadcasts,” Gonzaga’s IMG College general manager Mark Livingston said. “We’d also like to welcome KIXI to what we believe is an outstanding line-up of stations on the Gonzaga radio network to give us excellent coverage throughout the state of Washington.”
    http://www.gozags.com/ViewArticle.db...CLID=209275698

That should be fun!

Default All in the Family

Another great move, especially since Cory should be great at analyzing the play around the basket of SD, PK, RE,and the transfers GC and AN that likely will be the difference between a good team and a great team for 2013-14.

Yeah, I think Cory will do a great job. I've talked to him, bright, humble, kinda funny. He'll be fine.

Hey westside guys - Is that a decent station? I have to admit that the thought of driving down the freeway and hearing "this is the Gonzaga Basketball network" is pretty cool. Especially, since when I was in school I was surprised they were broadcasted in Spokane.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Too bad. Matt was outstanding.

I thought Cory was going to Coach at Prep. Would seem hard to schedule both.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Default A few tidbits

Matt did a great job, but the stipend was not worth the time spent away from family. Two of his 3 kids are in grade school and his wife's surgery earlier this year certainly factored in.

Cory is just embarking on a career in the insurance business and this will be a nice way to meet some folks to build up his customer base as well. Unfortunately he has had to give up his gig coaching freshman boys at G-Prep, but maybe someday he may get back into coaching.