Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: Josh Perkins commits

I've never challenged a poster on this board before because, frankly, it's just basketball. But, with the pervasive negativity, why come to this board? Why post? Why follow a program when virtually every posting is negative? It is truly meant as an honest question. The guards aren't any good, the recruits are all over rated, the conference is the bowels of basketball competition, and the in-game decision making is always sub-par. Why is following GU any fun if virtually every component of the program brings so little joy?

Quote Originally Posted by Stache View Post
    I've never challenged a poster on this board before because, frankly, it's just basketball. But, with the pervasive negativity, why come to this board? Why post? Why follow a program when virtually every posting is negative? It is truly meant as an honest question. The guards aren't any good, the recruits are all over rated, the conference is the bowels of basketball competition, and the in-game decision making is always sub-par. Why is following GU any fun if virtually every component of the program brings so little joy?
    Some come to the board to see the "real" scoop, and to read the thoughts of the "real" basketball gurus ... who certainly know far more than any coach

Quote Originally Posted by vandalzag View Post
    Coincidental that you hand pick your stats to try and make a point? Unless of course stats don't validate your brilliant insight, then of course you revert to your much vaunted eye test.
    But of course...Mark Twain once said there are 3 kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics. He probably said that after talking hoops with jazz over a few beers.

Eh, there very well may be truth to what jazz said. It might also be what JP needs to acclimate his game to d1 ball as a PG running a top 25 team. Build up his confidence through the WCC heading into the tourney. The WCC didn't help veteran guards like Pangos and bell but i think it'll certainly help JP.

Quote Originally Posted by Stache View Post
    I agree, it doesn't make any sense to me either....why don't they follow a team in a league and with a coach they respect....that lives up to their expectations ??

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    I agree, it doesn't make any sense to me either....why don't they follow a team in a league and with a coach they respect....that lives up to their expectations ??
    Where might that be, Diogenes?

Quote Originally Posted by Ekrub View Post
    Eh, there very well may be truth to what jazz said. It might also be what JP needs to acclimate his game to d1 ball as a PG running a top 25 team. Build up his confidence through the WCC heading into the tourney. The WCC didn't help veteran guards like Pangos and bell but i think it'll certainly help JP.
    Bingo, Ekster.

Playing in the WCC games didn't seem to hurt Paddy Mills or Mathew Dellavadova, of course they had to play Gonzaga.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Default I didn't want to start a new thread.

Zag67 you lost again on our bet. Last season I had Kevin Pangos with over 32.5 mpg. This season I had Josh Perkins with over 30.5 mpg.

Kevin Pangos had 33.6 mpg.

Josh Perkins had 30.8 mpg.

You now owe me a case.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    Cool.
    Josh Perkins leaves Gonzaga with more wins than any other guard in the history of Division I men’s basketball. He won twelve NCAA Tournament games as a starter, including a Final Four game.

Good luck to Joss Perkins. He was one of the most impactful recruits in the history of the program.
    “There is no premium content on the GUBoards. We get what we pay for.”
    Pope John XXIII in his remarks to the College of Cardinals
    -12-21-2012
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    Josh Perkins leaves Gonzaga with more wins than any other guard in the history of Division I men’s basketball. He won twelve NCAA Tournament games as a starter, including a Final Four game.

Good luck to Joss Perkins. He was one of the most impactful recruits in the history of the program.
    Can't thank him enough for all he has been and all he has done. Respect.
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

One of the greatest Zags ever. I will miss him.

Arguably the most unselfish player in 20 years. An amazing teammate.

Josh Perkins has etched a spot in Zags history books and hearts. It was incredible to watch him grow and develop into the soul of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by misszigzag View Post
    Josh Perkins has etched a spot in Zags history books and hearts. It was incredible to watch him grow and develop into the soul of the team.
    so beautifully said, thank you, right with you

Zags are moving into uncharted waters for the first time since the Dower years. Josh has been the glue for so many years it will be hard to imagine Zags bball without him. An all-time great.

Quote Originally Posted by misszigzag View Post
    Absolutely spot on
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post

Good thread bump! I can definitely see coaching in his future.

The. Greatest. Point. Guard. In. Gonzaga. History.
    History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

Quote Originally Posted by Once and Future Zag View Post
    The. Greatest. Point. Guard. In. Gonzaga. History.
    Uh....John Stockton?

will be so missed....good luck Josh!.

we hardly knew ye..

Spy, I think the reason this thread was bumped was some fans wanted to express their appreciation for Mr. Perkins' efforts and legacy

And you want to turn it into a debate about whether John Stockton was better ?

Get a clue.