Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What are you watching?

CNN - listening to more drama about our fearless leader.

"Five Came Home" on Netflix, it's a documentary about the Hollywood directors who were in charge of making short films during WW2, really interesting.

Last night I watched "Fastball" decent documentary. Only complaint was they didn't talk about Randy Johnson.
    You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by TrekkerZag View Post
    CNN - listening to more drama about our fearless leader.
    no politics......mods should delete this whole subject

CNN....the most trusted name in news...

Colin Kaepernick helping disadvantaged kids

Onions!
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post

Colin Kaepernick helping disadvantaged kids

Political / cultural comments are okay if you make them but if they show up under someone else's name, you suggest "no politics. . .delete the thread" or words to that effect ?

Interesting.

I'm watching an episode of "Preacher."

Basketball Web Sites Listing

"The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson

The Caine Mutiny ....

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Political / cultural comments are okay if you make them but if they show up under someone else's name, you suggest "no politics. . .delete the thread" or words to that effect ?

Interesting.
    Yeah... Tell him Reno!

Some people go around in life wearing horse blinders.

Still listening to CNN, you know that fake news place.....

which seems to be coming up with Daily non stop, dizzying High Drama...

from our fearless leader.

Reno I got mad....... someone complained about a political comment in MBB Volker Center thread I started and it was locked and deleted quickly after the complaint.

Wanted to see if I complained would Mods lock and delete a thread? Guess my whining doesn't carry the clout of others.

Melting point of some keeps moving the needle lower and lower evidenced by response time in deleting a thread when asked by a member.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Reno I got mad....... someone complained about a political comment in MBB Volker Center thread I started and it was locked and deleted quickly after the complaint.

Wanted to see if I complained would Mods lock and delete a thread? Guess my whining doesn't carry the clout of others.

Melting point of some keeps moving the needle lower and lower evidenced by response time in deleting a thread when asked by a member.
    Ceo:

I think the "no politics" rule in the MBB is a sound policy.

Generally speaking, The Foo has had a bit of it in various threads over the nearly 10 years the GUB has been in business. You've seen my thread where I'll opine from time to time on political / cultural matters. Much of the really strident stuff that folks right of center -- which you might consider yourself--would take issue with was posted before the OCC / No politics ban when into effect.

Of late, I have tried to steer clear of the political stuff even in my own thread ( Reno's Place ) due to a request from one of the Admins a number of months ago.

The Volkar Center thread is in the Gonzaga University Talk forum (last time i looked).

Regards,

"The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    The Caine Mutiny ....
    I thought MacMurray and Ferrer's performances were better than Bogart's. Good flick.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    I thought MacMurray and Ferrer's performances were better than Bogart's. Good flick.
    Sometimes the leader has to be removed....... because searching for a key to the strawberry bin....... is a sign of a serious mental/emotional problem.

What to do when the person in charge is delusional and paranoid is always a difficult situation.

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Sometimes the leader has to be removed....... because searching for a key to the strawberry bin....... is a sign of a serious mental/emotional problem.

What to do when the person in charge is delusional and paranoid is always a difficult situation.
    I hope the future has episodes of Drunk History and that I live long enough to see someone tell about the present situation on an episode.

I am not aware of any episodes for the Caine Mutiny?...... but it is a recurring nightmarish theme.....especially when the second in command is as crazy as the incumbent....

I suspected that Nixon's days were numbered when they got rid of Agnew and installed a decent and rational VP, Gerald Ford...

"And our long National nightmare was over..."

Watching airport TV tuned to CNN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

It's been a busy year for me. Sold our house bought a new one and things are finely slowing down a bit. So as of right now I am catching up on a lot of shows The Walking Dead, Blacklist, House of Cards.
    You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

Finished season 7 of The Walking Dead last night. All in all it was not the best season but it was pretty good. If I could pick a character to just randomly get bit by a walker it would be King Ezekiel. That dude annoys me.

I just started the "Roanoke" season of American Horror Story. I'm enjoying the way they present it as a TV show retelling and use actors that vaguely look like the "real life" people telling the story. It's just something really different.

I just binged the entire first season of TBS's, "The Guest Book," over three nights. It's a fun diversion.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AqNCcMfPND8
    “There is no premium content on the GUBoards. We get what we pay for.”
    Pope John XXIII in his remarks to the College of Cardinals
    -12-21-2012
    -

Watched "The Vietnam War" on PBS (my daughter joined in ). Have followed the AT&T version of "Mr. Mercedes" that the Audience Network has aired. Enjoyed the season premiere of "Finding Your Roots," which featured Larry David and Bernie Sanders; turned out they are distant cousins !

Busy time of year so my TV watching tends to be pretty limited.